What a very tough win.

And our players literally being knocked to the ground right in front of the refs... no call. I’m specifically referencing turner getting murdered in the baseline.

Not to mention Grant getting held multiple times. The list could go on and on. We won, though. On to the next one.
I was surprised that hip check on Turner towards the end of the game was not called.

We would've won by 20+ if not for their fluky 3-point shooting in the first-half and all the help they received from the refs. Despite that, we hung tough and put an exclamation mark at the end that had to sting. I loved it.
If we tighten the defense in the first half, the 3 ball would not have been so successful. Part of that first half is on UT.

Reactions: Hacksaw
If we tighten the defense in the first half, the 3 ball would not have been so successful. Part of that first half is on UT.

I do think this team's weakness is defending the 3 point shot. We have to get better at that. Any tournament team can get hot from 3, and it only takes 1 game.

Reactions: spyfish007
WE sure need games like this. Bad officiating, tough opponent, their homecourt, rabid and rude fans. All of that helps as the games get harder and every team is fighting for survival.

Reactions: OWB

I think you have to let them shoot out there and see what happens. If they hit a lesser percentage the game would have been over at the half.

I think you have to let them shoot out there and see what happens. If they hit a lesser percentage the game would have been over at the half.
I agree with your second sentence. However the first one not so much. Not like I think we should respect their inside game. Second half showed that.

Reactions: FlVols
We were at the game and thought there were a lot of head scratching calls the Zebras made. In the end our guys gutted out a nice 11 point win. Loved at the end of the game when our team gave the home crowd some nice Gator chops!

I was thinking they would be called for unsportsmanlike conduct or something...yea game over but you know how F'ing Florida is

Sankey has given the Vols a 15 Yd penalty that will be enforced on the kickoff of the 2019 Tennessee-Florida game.

This. We left those gators wide open to much. A highs school team would have stroked them threeeees against our defense. I was really surprised. We did better in the second half. Plus we were dull for most of the game dealing with their defense. And they had refs on they side. I think we they come to Knoxville we will blow them out.

Florida appears to have a bright future with White. Devised a game plan that gave his team a chance as they would have been curb stomped if they had tried to play us straight up man to man. Was interesting hearing White mic'ed up compared to Martin.

We would've won by 20+ if not for their fluky 3-point shooting in the first-half and all the help they received from the refs. Despite that, we hung tough and put an exclamation mark at the end that had to sting. I loved it.
It wasn't fluky. We left too many guys wide open early and let them heat up. We tightened it up especially in the second half and they stopped hitting them.

Michael White was the first coach Dave Hart talked to after Cuonzo Martin left in 2014. For whatever reason, he chose to stay at Louisiana Tech but it's easy to see why Hart had interest. White's teams come well prepared. They were over matched yesterday but they had the right strategy on both ends of the court (and got the calls that home teams usually get). I thought we were gonna wipe the floor with these guys and I still do in TBA... but they played well yesterday.

Reactions: Volsurance
It wasn't fluky. We left too many guys wide open early and let them heat up. We tightened it up especially in the second half and they stopped hitting them.

They hit 30% against Mercer and 18% against Charleston Southern in two of their biggest wins. I think they said their 3-point accuracy coming into the game was just over 30%. And at one point during the first half they were shooting 50% (8 of their first 16).

Whatever you want to attribute it to, it was pretty fluky.

Reactions: walkenvol
I’m just glad to have someone on the team that will stand up and say “I don’t like Floriduh and never will!” We use to have “men” on the football team like that, but I will take it on the BB team.

Reactions: Barnes'Barn
Well let that no call travel on Williams at the end be a makeup call for all night 😂
Not sure if that was a travel. He took 2 steps, imo the step through was legal cause he used his body to split the defenders instead of it being a hop step. There's a thin line between the two, either way they deserved the call lol

VN Store

Back