What’s the deal with Kim Mulkey dressing like she belongs in a circus… 🤡

Thats absurd to say. That technical gave her the 4th foul so she had to SIT THE BENCH. That 100% alters the game when far and away the best player in America has to sit the bench for a long stretch.
With her in the game LSU was up 21. Iowa cut it to around 8 at one point but that was as close as it got. She did not score from around 3mins remaining in the 3rd until mid way Q4. Iowas coach told Holly Rowe at the start of the 4th that she was putting Clarke back in . Her game is more from the perimeter so it wasn’t like Iowas offensive sets were hindered by their fear of Clarke picking up an offensive foul in the paint . She had very few FG’s that were not 3’s.

Try again

Reactions: Prophet1
1 she is making $2 million annually and 2. she recognizes that the focus on her, her antics and attire is beneficial to the team. and this board to date is similar to the concerns raised about her attire over the last 15 years. must have some positive effect, whether you like her antics or not. Obviously no one on the board really know her as a human being
She’s selling…winning, people talking, players loving her for it. Nothing wrong if it works….seems to be working

If you can back it up with a national title, wear whatever they will pay you to wear, everybody has their angle and their props, mens coaches don't wear the suits anymore, womens coaches don't have to wear Talbots seasonal wear anymore, this final was just a couple of breaks from being an all SEC affair on college basketball's biggest stage for the womens game.

Didn't have to watch Geno and UConn cut down the nets this afternoon, so I was glad to watch and pull the conference line since Tennessee was long gone,

While at Baylor, Kim Mulkey was on the winning end of Pat Summit's final game and she was visibly upset and shaken as she walked down the sideline and coach Summit made that one last trip up the handshake line, instead of celebrating she understood the magnitude of the moment, as the architect, builder and ambassador of the modern womens game was done. Mulkey asked her at the final stop to take care of my coach.
Bravo

mulkey belongs in circus? not a mulkey fan, but isnt how one is dressed a personal expression i have seen the hitbacks here when it is our gals on the receiving end of personal expressions (long eyelashes e.g.) kim's outfits not what i would choose but they are her

Clarke tossed the ball out of bounds behind her back after a foul was called on another Iowa player . It was a bad call in a poorly officiated game that in the final analysis had little bearing on the thorough butt whipping that LSU out on Iowa.

It did because it meant Clark had to be a spectator on defense and was not able to risk taking the ball into the lane. The game was still in or near single digits and Iowa had come way back. I am not saying the call was wrong per se but it impacted the game.

It did because it meant Clark had to be a spectator on defense and was not able to risk taking the ball into the lane. The game was still in or near single digits and Iowa had come way back. I am not saying the call was wrong per se but it impacted the game.

Yeah, Iowa played the last 8 minutes with four of their starters each having four fouls. You could tell none of them wanted to get their fifth, and that's when LSU stretched the lead back out. There were multiple plays where Clark just backed off an LSU player on defense and let them go by. Game over. Whether those fouls were correct or incorrect - except that historically idiotic technical on Clark (which was her fourth) - they effectively handcuffed Iowa for the rest of the game.

Just for snicks and giggles, the national player of the year watched LSU set a scoring record against her team in the NC game. Lots of people taking up for Clark but her disrespectful gestures during the game with USC set the stage for the pay back she got today IMO.

Reactions: KoachKrab127
Clark threw the ball after the foul was called on her teammate. Either the ref thought Clark threw the ball out of anger or the technical was issued for “delay of game.” However, the refs are supposed to issue a warning for delay of game.

Yet, it was okay for Mulkey to conduct her antics and even make contact with a ref.

In the "explanation" they said they had issued a previous delay warning at something like 7:30 of the 3rd quarter. However, they then stated that the rule says delay of game is for doing something with the ball to intentionally slow the other team down, which that clearly wasn't. The announcers said something like: "They're saying it was verbal as well as the ball throw." She seems to mouth something right after she picks up the ball and just before she tosses it (not WHEN she tosses it), but I can't imagine it was technical-worthy. The ref who made the call is also moving away from Clark, so I'm guessing she saw the ball go off in that direction, heard something from the huddle that was forming, and made an assumption; then, post-game came up with the delay explanation. But it is just a mostly-uneducated guess.

In the "explanation" they said they had issued a previous delay warning at something like 7:30 of the 3rd quarter. However, they then stated that the rule says delay of game is for doing something with the ball to intentionally slow the other team down, which that clearly wasn't. The announcers said something like: "They're saying it was verbal as well as the ball throw." She seems to mouth something right after she picks up the ball and just before she tosses it (not WHEN she tosses it), but I can't imagine it was technical-worthy. The ref who made the call is also moving away from Clark, so I'm guessing she saw the ball go off in that direction, heard something from the huddle that was forming, and made an assumption; then, post-game came up with the delay explanation. But it is just a mostly-uneducated guess.

The refs unfortunately made the game about "them." Perhaps an overreaction to SC complaining about physical Iowa had been in the semifinal game.

It was hard to figure out what they were doing. They called a slew of "what, where ?" touch fouls and then on a review of the play where Cizinano cleared out the LSU player with an elbow to the throat, they concluded "no foul."

Reactions: Voltopia
The refs unfortunately made the game about "them." Perhaps an overreaction to SC complaining about physical Iowa had been in the semifinal game.

It was hard to figure out what they were doing. They called a slew of "what, where ?" touch fouls and then on a review of the play where Cizinano cleared out the LSU player with an elbow to the throat, they concluded "no foul."

Well, by rule they couldn't just add a foul, it had to be a flagrant. You'd think an elbow to the throat would be, especially in the women's game, even though it was semi-inadvertent (i.e. accidentally on purpose), but I can see how they might call it a "basketball move". The announcers irritated me by insisting the one at the other end was the same simply because it was also a post player turning with the ball: it wasn't the same.

Also, you just described the mystical nature of ALL reffing in the women's game. Didn't seem different from what I always see. I've not seen one game that didn't have a high number of mystery calls, wrong calls on who knocked the ball out, and, my personal favorite, die rolls on the block/charge stuff (charge call on 1 through 5, block on 6).

Clark had made the same "you can't see me" gesture earlier in the season.

True, but that's like comparing a common touch foul to a Flagrant 1.

It's not the gesture itself. It's the when and where and duration. Clark's gesture vs. Louisville (NOT an SEC team, so the "payback for our SEC sisters" from LSU defenders excuse fails epically) was comparable to the "too small" gesture that Reese loves. Not much worse than cupping the hand to the ear or striking the "wibgspan" pose or flexing, etc. Showmanship. You can call it punkish or showboating or hotdogging or whatever. But it's pretty small potatoes on the aggression scale.

Reese did her thing after the game was decided and went after Clark personally while standing beside her. In everyday experience, it's called trying to start something. It's the main reason officials try to stop the chirping and staredowns. It's why yelling at the rafters is regarded as "emotion" while standing over an opponent and yelling is regarded as provocation.

And the chasing Clark around the court doing the "ring" thing was just deliberate provocation. We've seen recent incidents in WCBB in which far less provocation resulted in fights and sucker punches and assault charges.

Do a split screen comparison of Reese vs. Clark and there is really no comparison to the level of provocation. And to do it after the game is decided really is icing on the cake.

It didn't help matters that, when asked about her taunts after the game, Reese immediately went Racial citing how "people" keep referring to her actions as "ghetto" and "hood" but it's really just "me being myself." And numerous online defenders trying to make it a black vs. white race thing (they keep referring to "Black teams" and "white teams" even though all the teams involved are multi-racial). Really tired of that talk, too.

After beating LSU, some of our players did a little finger licking and dancing. And yesterday after the game some other LSU players did some Cena masks and wave offs. After the game kid stuff. Not in-game "fightin' words."

There really are different levels of provocation and pushing the limits. And it appeared that Reese was trying to start a fight. The curious thing is that Clark hadn't done anything to provoke LSU as far as I could tell. What was Reese doing (other than "being herself," of course)?

This stuff is just going to get worse until we have a big brawl and somebody really gets hurt. Remember when Griner cold-cocked a Texas Tech player and nearly broke her jaw? And the handshake line sucker punch incident a few weeks back? And there are incidents reported nationally from high school and middle school games when violence erupts, sometimes bringing the crowd out of the stands to attack players, refs, and coaches. Locally, we just recently had a girls coach going into the stands after a spectator. Also had a boys' assistant going after the opposing coach.

In today's divisive and violent political and social climate, we need to be looking to discourage provocative acts regardless of the source. Jmo

Last edited:
True, but that's like comparing a common touch foul to a Flagrant 1.

It's not the gesture itself. It's the when and where and duration. Clark's gesture vs. Louisville (NOT an SEC team, so the "payback for our SEC sisters" from LSU defenders excuse fails epically) was comparable to the "too small" gesture that Reese loves. Not much worse than cupping the hand to the ear or striking the "wibgspan" pose or flexing, etc. Showmanship. You can call it punkish or showboating or hotdogging or whatever. But it's pretty small potatoes on the aggression scale.

Reese did her thing after the game was decided and went after Clark personally while standing beside her. In everyday experience, it's called trying to start something. It's the main reason officials try to stop the chirping and staredowns. It's why yelling at the rafters is regarded as "emotion" while standing over an opponent and yelling is regarded as provocation.

And the chasing Clark around the court doing the "ring" thing was just deliberate provocation. We've seen recent incidents in WCBB in which far less provocation resulted in fights and sucker punches and assault charges.

Do a split screen comparison of Reese vs. Clark and there is really no comparison to the level of provocation. And to do it after the game is decided really is icing on the cake.

It didn't help matters that, when asked about her taunts after the game, Reese immediately went Racial citing how "people" keep referring to her actions as "ghetto" and "hood" but it's really just "me being myself." And numerous online defenders trying to make it a black vs. white race thing (they keep referring to "Black teams" and "white teams" even though all the teams involved are multi-racial). Really tired of that talk, too.

After beating LSU, some of our players did a little finger licking and dancing. And yesterday after the game some other LSU players did some Cena masks and wave offs. After the game kid stuff. Not in-game "fightin' words."

There really are different levels of provocation and pushing the limits. And it appeared that Reese was trying to start a fight. The curious thing is that Clark hadn't done anything to provoke LSU as far as I could tell. What was Reese doing (other than "being herself," of course)?

This stuff is just going to get worse until we have a big brawl and somebody really gets hurt. Remember when Griner cold-cocked a Texas Tech player and nearly broke her jaw? And the handshake line sucker punch incident a few weeks back? And there are incidents reported nationally from high school and middle school games when violence erupts, sometimes bringing the crowd out of the stands to attack players, refs, and coaches. Locally, we just recently had a girls coach going into the stands after a spectator. Also had a boys' assistant going after the opposing coach.

In today's divisive and violent political and social climate, we need to be looking to discourage provocative acts regardless of the source. Jmo
Mulkey was also Griner’s coach when she cheap shot another girl and broke her noise and other bones in her face to end that girls season. Seems like there’s a common denominator!!! Change my mind…..

Reactions: dillyo51

VN Store

Back