Well this season is over

Folks

I'm sure the stretch of scheduling 13 out 16 games away from home will help us get on track.

Fielding errors and baserunning mistakes continue to plague us every game.

I'm sure Dave will finally settle on a pitching rotation like last year the around the first week of May.

Where was Marks last year? Was he hurt? He sure has improved alot in 1 year.

Definitely a rough start this year but lot's of ball to play yet. We'll see how DS handles it with this team. Lots of mysteries to be solved, but, that's why he gets the big bucks. :)

GO BASEVOLS!

It's a long season but the Vols are definitely off to a slower than expected start. Plenty of time to make up for it though. A sweep vs UGA next weekend would be a great start, after winning the mid week games of course.

Tennessee will probably be fortunate to have a .500 record this season. They will most likely be better in 2016 but will Serrano still be at UT?

Reactions: 1 person
I really don't think anyone understands how bad this program was when Serrano took over. He who shall
Not be named was terrible and let him with nothing, he literally stole equipment on his way out. Yes right now this is all of CDS guys but baseball is soooo different then football and basketball. It takes years and years to rebuild as you will be robbed of your top players each year because of the draft. Just imagine if Butch lost every top 100 player he signed each year.

Also look at next years class. Like the top 6/7 guys are 10.0/10.0. Studs. Yes we will lose some but it's the best class so far as he has been here.

Reactions: 3 people
Not calling the season "over", but I'm becoming disillusioned with UT baseball. It's more of the same...at least that's my impression. Just hard to see them doing anything more than tease and fade like always. When we hired Serrano, I had such high hopes. I really thought UT would be a mover and a shaker with his hire. Instead it's the same old song. At least with Rod, we'd have a year every so often that we'd make some noise. I have lost confidence in this staff and team. Hope they prove me wrong.

It doesn't help things that Serrano dropped Omaha several times in interviews before the season began. This team is worlds away from Omaha right now.

Baby steps.
Win the week.

The goal for this coming week should be 3-1. A 4-0 week would be great and get us in good shape mentally for the long road trips for the next 2 weeks.

I would love to see Serrano try to schedule a home makeup game on Tues March 31

I really don't think anyone understands how bad this program was when Serrano took over. He who shall
Not be named was terrible and let him with nothing, he literally stole equipment on his way out. Yes right now this is all of CDS guys but baseball is soooo different then football and basketball. It takes years and years to rebuild as you will be robbed of your top players each year because of the draft. Just imagine if Butch lost every top 100 player he signed each year.

Also look at next years class. Like the top 6/7 guys are 10.0/10.0. Studs. Yes we will lose some but it's the best class so far as he has been here.

Guarantee there's one or two on here that understand. :)

GO BASEVOLS!

Winning one of three at Florida when some polls have them as the #1 team in the country is not bad. The way they lost the other two games is troubling because they were really not competitive in either game and continue to be plagued with too many walks, too many errors, and inconsistent hitting.

Going 1-2 in this series does not bury them in the conference race. Cointinuing to play the way they played in games 2 & 3 could bury them tho.

Yes, I do understand how bad of a spot Raleigh leff the program in. It's year 4 and we are still juggling the roster. What happens when Stewart leaves this year? Will we be able to hit it out of the infield next year? We might have a legitimate 3 man rotation this year if Kyle can get it together. Then Marks leaves this year and we trying to find another weekend guy next year.

I think this is a overreaction after one damn weekend.

There is a lot of sec games, and I still remain optimistic the vols can be a good team in the sec that could go far in the sec tournament.

I think this is a overreaction after one damn weekend.

There is a lot of sec games, and I still remain optimistic the vols can be a good team in the sec that could go far in the sec tournament.

Yeah it is.....especially after playing one of the best teams in the country....People would probably not be freaking out if we had played better in the OOC schedule though.

Winning one of three at Florida when some polls have them as the #1 team in the country is not bad. The way they lost the other two games is troubling because they were really not competitive in either game and continue to be plagued with too many walks, too many errors, and inconsistent hitting.

Going 1-2 in this series does not bury them in the conference race. Cointinuing to play the way they played in games 2 & 3 could bury them tho.

Good post! Honestly, I was hoping we didn't go 0-3 against Florida. The opening game gave us false hope against one of the best teams in the country. As mentioned, our poor play did not do us any favors Saturday or Sunday.

However, it sure would have been nice to pick up a another win.

Last edited:
It's not an over reaction. It's just a continuation of $hitty baseball with no end in sight.

Ranked 203rd in Fielding Percentage. We've played about 1/3rd of the season thus far.

A little early to be calling the end of the season. If we don't make the SECT, or when if/when it becomes apparent we aren't going to make it, then you can start the big time complaining.

He'll get a year 5 but if we don't make the SECT this year, I can see next season being a "make the NCAAT or else" year.

To soon to come to a decision about CDS' future. Glaring items of concern to me are fielding and pitching depth. On the positive side is the development of Marks. An NCAA bid this year will cement a return for CDS. Another play-in game to the SEC tourney, or worse, should lead to consideration of a change. But it will not.

VN Store

Back