Welcome Assistants!! (OFFICIALLY)

Good idea. But I have to say, the lack of ability to put ourselves in the other guys shoes is sad. Easy to throw off glib lines about "getting over it" when we (majority) don't live full time in your skin. Peace and love.
Completely agree! I’ve come to the realization that it’ll always be like that unless one day we’ll wake up and we’re all green, then MAYBE we’ll be able to truly come together. Peace and love my friend! Hopefully we get some good portal news today.

Yea yall are both missing something, comprehension. The poster was replying to someone else hypothetically saying that the staff can be all Caucasian, as long as they win.

The poster said black parents would then question, why no representation amongst the staff. It wasn’t too hard to follow, hope that helps. 🧡🩵
Well in a prior post a poster was posting Tennessee needs a black female assistant. I'm not arguing about this stuff. CKC team she can do as she sees fit. Have a beautiful day.

BTW I may not be a college graduate but damnit I can read.

Completely agree! I’ve come to the realization that it’ll always be like that unless one day we’ll wake up and we’re all green, then MAYBE we’ll be able to truly come together. Peace and love my friend! Hopefully we get some good portal news today.
Your patience is admirable. Two of my grandkids who are mixed (and gorgeous) give me so much hope. They and their friends barely notice and certainly don't care. But then I realize we'll probably just find something else to fight about.

On to the portal!! Visits, we need visits.

Your patience is admirable. Two of my grandkids who are mixed (and gorgeous) give me so much hope. They and their friends barely notice and certainly don't care. But then I realize we'll probably just find something else to fight about.

On to the portal!! Visits, we need visits.
we will all be mixed eventually.

This is a serious question, how are you reading this thread and making a comment to suggest that anybody including parents & players would have any substance in questioning why there isn’t any black coaches? Like are we even trying to use common sense. What race are the assistant coaches under consideration?
Human race. "All races matter!" How's that for inclusivity? Welcome aboard to new coaches when formally introduced! In the meantime back on the funny farm "they're coming to take me away haha....."

we will all be mixed eventually.
I often say, I can't wait for that day. I'll never live to see it, but it gives me comfort. Except I know we'll come up with something else to flex our inate superiority over, like eye color or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVol1908
Yea yall are both missing something, comprehension. The poster was replying to someone else hypothetically saying that the staff can be all Caucasian, as long as they win.

The poster said black parents would then question, why no representation amongst the staff. It wasn’t too hard to follow, hope that helps. 🧡🩵

You’re the last person to be posting to someone about comprehension. I do not care what it was about, it’s ignorant under any circumstance. You act like what you post suppose to move people.

This last season, TN beat MS ST (on their floor) by 11, we beat AL in the SEC Tournament by 22. Now, our assistants (and Coach) are gone, and we have taken these 2 assistants (1 each), from these 2 teams we beat. (One assistant is Spanish, maybe we want to recruit some Spanish players.)

Anyway, great, I guess things could be worse, I guess.

Reactions: brittannica
This last season, TN beat MS ST (on their floor) by 11, we beat AL in the SEC Tournament by 22. Now, our assistants (and Coach) are gone, and we have taken these 2 assistants (1 each), from these 2 teams we beat. (One assistant is Spanish, maybe we want to recruit some Spanish players.)

Anyway, great, I guess things could be worse, I guess.

Were the assistants from either team on the court? Alabama did beat Tennessee on their home court.
But either way, it seems the returning players on Tennessee team never get any credit. The only player to be spoken of in a positive way by some fans is RJ. Don’t get me wrong she earned the respect. But how is it all credit for any success went almost entirely to one player and suddenly to the coaching staff so go figure I guess the rest of the roster (players) did not make a difference.

Were the assistants from either team on the court? Alabama did beat Tennessee on their home court.
But either way, it seems the players on Tennessee team never get any credit if they weren’t named RJ. All credit for any success went almost entirely to one player and suddenly to the coaching staff so go figure I guess the rest of the roster (players) did not make a difference.
Your post is a little unclear, we lost to AL on AL’s home court, before beating them by 22 in the SEC Tournament, and yes, Coaches and assistants take responsibility for what their players do on the court.

This is the real world if you think African American parents are not thinking should I consider my daughter going to TN without a African American female assistant you are living in a fantasy world I’m not saying it would be a deterrent but the conversation is going to be had in the household

Your post is a little unclear, we lost to AL on AL’s home court, before beating them by 22 in the SEC Tournament, and yes, Coaches and assistants take responsibility for what their players do on the court.

How is it unclear? It happened during the same season. Point blank (1-1).

This is the real world if you think African American parents are not thinking should I consider my daughter going to TN without a African American female assistant you are living in a fantasy world I’m not saying it would be a deterrent but the conversation is going to be had in the household

It is the real world. Not some kind of place where folks can paint a false image without proof.

Did the parents not have these same questions when they considered to send their daughter to play at TN without an African American male assistant? You do know parents can see beyond your train of thought and consider the bigger picture right?

And what’s so strange about pushing this agenda is nobody even knows if there will or will not be a black female assistant on the staff.

So I’m wondering who or what even started this ulterior motive about the new head coach’s staff?

Last edited:
It is the real world. Not same kind of place where folks can paint a false image without proof.

Did the parents not have these same questions when they considered to send their daughter to play at TN without an African American male assistant? You do know parents can see beyond your train of thought and consider the bigger picture right?

And what’s so strange about pushing this agenda is nobody even knows if there will or will not be a black female assistant on the staff.

So I’m wondering who or what even started this ulterior motive about the new head coach’s staff?
There are a number of posters on here unhappy with this hire and are looking for any areas to be critical. Welcome new Negavols.

I know it's a hard concept for some, but so many things can, and usually are, true at the same time. At least in my life. Maybe yours is way simplier and good for you if that's true.
I don’t think it’s a hard concept at all. Sometimes is just direct and straight forward. A different day and different excuse on VN.

Unfortunately, if we all had the same skin color, people would begin to discriminate based on eye color, hair color, height, weight, left handedness or some other meaningless visible difference. It is human nature to try to convince ourselves that "our" group is better than "their" group even when the differentiating factor between groups is totally meaningless.

VN Store

Back