Welcome Assistants!! (OFFICIALLY)

Kinda glad Sam and her Twitter fingers are gone. Some of her posts have been hard eye rolls the last few days.

Always really liked her and wish her the best but her salty attitude is not a good look. I know nobody is happy when they get let go, but you need to vault those emotions and let them propel you on to something better if you think you were wronged.

Posting a bunch of shady tweets isn’t exactly the best way to get another job.

I agree somewhat. We really need to diversify and hire a Native American, a person of Asian descent and an Eastern Indian. There, does that cover everything?

Hire The Best, regardless.
Yeah, about everything. Now hope one of them is a damn basketball coach.

I am with you, hire the best, check color later.

Kinda glad Sam and her Twitter fingers are gone. Some of her posts have been hard eye rolls the last few days.

Always really liked her and wish her the best but her salty attitude is not a good look. I know nobody is happy when they get let go, but you need to vault those emotions and let them propel you on to something better if you think you were wronged.

Yet apparently still working and lining up visits. And supporting her LV player in her big moment.

I haven't found her tweets all that salty. Really can't see kicking her in the ass on the way out the door.

This^^^^^

Roman Tubner
Fmr Alabama Associate HC

“he’s done a really good job of spreading the word about Indiana State and bringing in new recruits”

Gabe Lazo
Fmr Mississippi State Associate HC

Jenna Burdette
Fmr Marshall Associate HC

Nice job by Caldwell of raiding two SEC staffs of top assistants.

Yet apparently still working and lining up visits. And supporting her LV player in her big moment.

I haven't found her tweets all that salty. Really can't see kicking her in the ass on the way out the door.
Exactly! Are the salty tweets in the room with us?! 😩 does she have another account I’m unaware of?

I'm sorry and not trying to be whatever but u still need a black female coach on staff, so the black players can relate yes u have a female coach but its not the same
That’s funny I was recruited bye an entire African American staff to play NAIA division one football and that had no effect on my white arse 😆

If that is the most qualified person, then perfect. Otherwise, Tennessee just let two female black assistants go and the previous two black female assistants go who half this board seems to feel were not doing their job, or did not do their job well. I could care less if that staff was all-white or all-black as long as the Lady Vols get back to winning again. Being the most qualified and best fit for the job should mean something.

I do agree about the most qualified, but they are parents and players who are going to ask why no black assistants. It's a shame but that's the world we're living in

I also welcome the Marshall assistant. I think it is important to our new coach to have someone else with her who was with her when taught her system to a new team last year. Moreover, in the big world of LV basketball it will be nice to have one person with whom she already has an established and good working relationship.

I do agree about the most qualified, but they are parents and players who are going to ask why no black assistants. It's a shame but that's the world we're living in

This is a serious question, how are you reading this thread and making a comment to suggest that anybody including parents & players would have any substance in questioning why there isn’t any black coaches? Like are we even trying to use common sense. What race are the assistant coaches under consideration?

This is a serious question, how are you reading this thread and making a comment to suggest that anybody including parents & players would have any substance in questioning why there isn’t any black coaches? Like are we even trying to use common sense. What race are the assistant coaches under consideration?
I must be missing something, isn't the assistant hired from Alabama black?

Yes.

But according to the Agenda bylaws you need to find something to cry about.

Offended poster - "Did she hire a black assistant ?"

Common sense poster - "yes"

Offended poster - " But did she a black woman assistant?"

Common sense poster - " you can't win with you people "

Offended poster - " what do you mean "you" people?"

I love when we start a good ole race debate and get the civil war juices flowing again, but can we leave the race stuff in yesterday’s news. We can honestly go on for days, and it’ll be for nothing. Not one person is going to change anyone else’s mind about the issue.

Last edited:
I love when we start a good ole race debate and get the civil war juices following again, but can we leave the race stuff in yesterday’s news. We can honestly go on for days, and it’ll be for nothing. Not one person is going to change anyone else’s mind about the issue.
Good idea. But I have to say, the lack of ability to put ourselves in the other guys shoes is sad. Easy to throw off glib lines about "getting over it" when we (majority) don't live full time in your skin. Peace and love.

Yea yall are both missing something, comprehension. The poster was replying to someone else hypothetically saying that the staff can be all Caucasian, as long as they win.

The poster said black parents would then question, why no representation amongst the staff. It wasn’t too hard to follow, hope that helps. 🧡🩵

VN Store

Back