Welcome Assistants!! (OFFICIALLY)

all have experience making the jump from mid major or D2 to major college basketball

Reactions: glv98
On race and having coaches who can relate...

I was at a school where there were black players who, if one got pulled over driving a BMW i4, he would've been in big trouble because it had been generations since anyone in his family had ever even owned a car.

But those players had black teammates who, if one got pulled over driving a BMW i4... well, it might be his dad's BMW, might be his grandfather's BMW, might even be his BMW!

The point being, while all those teammates were black, they grew up in very diverse circumstances and had different outlooks and expectations on life.

But the other point is: they both got pulled over because they were black.

Coaches and supporters need to understand both of those players' experiences. I'm not awfully concerned if we don't have a black female on the staff right now, but only because all these coaches have experience coaching college age black females, and have surely learned a lot from them.

So for anyone who is concerned (and don't we want a fanbase that cares about our players as individual humans, not just as players?) be encouraged that if this season we're watching a rerun of "The White Shadow"... it's from season 6, not the pilot episode. 😉

If this becomes official this could be huge both assistants have SEC experience but are young hungry energetic coaches.

Both appear to be good recruiters. I wonder how this might open doors to some transfers.

I wonder how involved Lazo is with the recruitment of the portal visitors miss State just had with HVL and others.

As previously mentioned Roman Tubner at Alabama may have been involved in Zay Green to Bama.

Not saying it causes flips but may open doors for us.
My loins…more cow bell… 😉

Reactions: creekdipper
I'm sorry and not trying to be whatever but u still need a black female coach on staff, so the black players can relate yes u have a female coach but its not the same
Pat Summit with Holly Warlick and Mickey DeMoss seemed to do ok, for a very long time. What makes you think black players can't relate to the coaches other than black female coaches?

VN Store

Back