Welcome Assistants!! (OFFICIALLY)

The assistant coaching hires are terrible and we should have even more reason to be worried after letting Kellie and the old staff go. This new staff does not phase any other staff in the SEC. I like Danny White, but this head coaching hire along with these assistant hires are scary to think about for the future of this program.
Fascinating post. Thanks for dropping in. You’re clearly in the minority, by a lot lol.

SOUNDS like an excuse. Maybe it’s the delivery. 🤔

There were several coaches hired around the same time as Kellie that had no issue.

Niele Ivey, Courtney Banghart, Kara Lawson, Shae Ralph. All were hired just before or after the start of the pandemic. They all recruited fine except for Harper.

Banghart has actually recruited exceptionally well she just can’t coach and never has a decent big which makes no sense to me.

Stonybrook is a Div I job. You nab a HC gig as an assistant coach, at worst it’s falling UPWARDS.
So we said the same thing. Weird

“Could say Joy took a career move sideways to start her HC journey upwards.” Except you felt the need to stress upwards in all caps for some reason.

I think winning is more important than any race or gender, I would hope the players do as well.
Bottom line, I think that's generally true. That's why coaches like Geno, Wes Moore, Jeff Walz still recruit so well. No one looks like them, lol. But it doesn't mean representation isn't still an important part of the mix. All things being equal, why would you not want a diverse staff?

So we said the same thing. Weird

“Could say Joy took a career move sideways to start her HC journey upwards.” Except you felt the need to stress upwards in all caps for some reason.
Mebbe I don’t get your “sideways” reference? Why is it a SIDESTEP before it could be considered an ADVANCEMENT. And I don’t NEED to go ALL-CAPS…purely VOLUNTARY. 😉

Reactions: LadyVol1908
MSST the team working backwards now. Just hired Anita Howard to replace Lazo. She was recently fired from Georgia Southern after 5 unimpressive seasons.

Can you imagine if that’s who we had hired? The LV fans heads would have exploded (again).

And the Subarus would be screaming “I told you so!!!!!”

Just like players sometimes fit better at other schools, coaches may as well.

Very young energetic staff. In today's game with NIL Portal you have to work so much more than ever before in coaching. With what Coach C is paid had money to go after her assistants she wanted. In CHRIST Alone
yeah, those youngins we have for coaches will have a lot of energy. hopefully they aren't the type of youngins like the ones in the workforce who want to be paid for not doing much at all. ha ha i kid.

yeah, those youngins we have for coaches will have a lot of energy. hopefully they aren't the type of youngins like the ones in the workforce who want to be paid for not doing much at all. ha ha i kid.
If your in coaching in today's world you love it. Now money is good but eventually the old coaches will retire shortly. Geno wants 1 more then he is done.

Def gives me Missouri WBB vibes, I hope this hire proves me wrong but def agree no one is worried ab this coaching staff in the SEC.
Can I ask why? No snark, just don’t know enough about them (aside from concerns coming from Marshall).

Can I ask why? No snark, just don’t know enough about them (aside from concerns coming from Marshall).
What have either of them proven as an assistant coach at the Power 5 programs they were at? The article claimed one of them signed the 16th best recruiting class in the country, that will get our butts beat. These guys pose no threat to any other team in the SEC. We definitely settled with these hires and further proves that Caldwell has a lack of connections needed to win at a high level.

What have either of them proven as an assistant coach at the Power 5 programs they were at? The article claimed one of them signed the 16th best recruiting class in the country, that will get our butts beat. These guys pose no threat to any other team in the SEC. We definitely settled with these hires and further proves that Caldwell has a lack of connections needed to win at a high level.
ty for elaborating!

Just like players sometimes fit better at other schools, coaches may as well.
That is what we need to Hope with these two new SEC assistant coaches, considering, they are coming from schools who consistently finished below Tennessee the Last 5 years, generally between 6th and 10th in the league and did not consistently make the NCAA tournament.

That is what we need to Hope with these two new SEC assistant coaches, considering, they are coming from schools who consistently finished below Tennessee the Last 5 years, generally between 6th and 10th in the league and did not consistently make the NCAA tournament.
But they both have had short stints and have been there when those programs have reached newish relative heights

VN Store

Back