Weird Facts About Famous Movies

He did but when he saw how bad they made him, he didn't like it.

As far as Fortune (maintenance guy), I really hate composite characters in "true" stories. I just finished "I Am The Night" and thought it was good, only to find out Chris Pine's character and story didn't exist. He was a composite of about a dozen men that helped the lead actress' character. I get it was a dramatization and not a documentary but it still cheapened it for me.
Same thing for some
of the characters in Black Hawk Down. Many of the main characters in the movie were composite.

Last edited:
All football movies do. I could see a realistic take on the career of a 5 star high school football bust being pretty good. It couldn't be a QB or an RB, but maybe an LB or DB? Something that started with major college coaches fawning over him at camps as a senior and ended with him transferring down to an FCS school, maybe? I could see some good opportunity for comedy with the inevitable, "oh, you mean I actually have to prove myself now?" cold/hard reality. These movies always take either a sappy turn or a melodramatic one. They never stay focused.
The original Brian Piccolo movie with James Caan and Billy Dee Williams was first rate and still the only movie which made me cry. That was when I was about 10 years old.

I've been watching a few YT channels lately that have been going around finding interesting facts and filming locations of movies...this guy and his girlfriend do a good job...so far they've done Lost Boys, Interview With The Vampire. ET, Karate Kid, Goonies, Psycho, The Birds, The Shining

Billy Bob Thornton was told to be mean to Kurt Russell. That was all. Thornton ad libbed all his lines in Tombstone.
[VIDEO=]
I don’t believe all that was adlib and most of the scene had to be scripted. It would mean than that most of Kurt Russell’s lines and physical responses were also ad-lib.

SIAP but in Zoolander, the scene where Zoolander is talking to the deep cover hand model played by David Duchovny where Derek asks him "But.....why male models?" after Duchovny's character had just explained it was not scripted. It was actually a screw up by Ben Stiller and he repeated the line instead of his next line. Duchovny just rolled with it in his "Are you serious?" reply.

Reactions: CornDontGrow
SIAP but in Zoolander, the scene where Zoolander is talking to the deep cover hand model played by David Duchovny where Derek asks him "But.....why male models?" after Duchovny's character had just explained it was not scripted. It was actually a screw up by Ben Stiller and he repeated the line instead of his next line. Duchovny just rolled with it in his "Are you serious?" reply.

It's one of the most under-used gifs that Hollywood has bestowed upon us. It could get used appropriately at least 25x a day on VN

k5o4vK.gif

With news of the upcoming Twins sequel, I remembered this fact: Arnold and Devito changed the game with their Twins contracts. They loved the script but the studio couldn't afford them. The actors' side proposed that they only take points at the box office and the studio agreed. The movie made over $200m+ at the box office off an $18m budget. Arnold made $40m (compare that to just $15m for T2 three years later).

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Rocky 4

Sylvester Stallone wanted real punches used when Rocky fought Ivan Drago which had a huge drawback because Dolph Lundgren really did punch Sylvester Stallone which had the result for 9 days Stallone was hospitalized in the intensive care unit.

I wouldn’t doubt after hearing that information Dolph Lundgren could knock out Lennox Lewis in his Prime.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Director Ron Howard wasn't happy with Nicole Kidman's facial reaction during the shooting of the scene where her character lifts the bowl covering Joseph's (her husband Tom Cruise's) crotch. Without telling Kidman, he asked Cruise to remove his underwear. Howard got the reaction he wanted, and it appears in the film.

Director Ron Howard wasn't happy with Nicole Kidman's facial reaction during the shooting of the scene where her character lifts the bowl covering Joseph's (her husband Tom Cruise's) crotch. Without telling Kidman, he asked Cruise to remove his underwear. Howard got the reaction he wanted, and it appears in the film.
What film?

In The Good, the Bad and the Ugly When Blondie and Tuco are talking about telling each other the location of the money, a car drives by in the background. In the shot where both Blondie and Tuco are visible, watch the top right in the trees in between the pillars supporting the bridge.

I would've watched way more chick flicks if they all had bare knuckle boxing. I watched Far & Away so many times with my sisters

In The Good, the Bad and the Ugly When Blondie and Tuco are talking about telling each other the location of the money, a car drives by in the background. In the shot where both Blondie and Tuco are visible, watch the top right in the trees in between the pillars supporting the bridge.

Is that when they're in the water? Where the fighting is happening?

Scream
When Sidney stabbed Billy you hear the actor Skeet Ulrich playing Billy genuinely reacting to real pain because Neve Campbell missed the area that she was supposed to stab.

Die Hard

Interesting information is unplanned that John would fall when trying to reach a air vent.

The scene was more dramatic with the unplanned fall which is why that event wasn’t removed from the movie.

In an alternate universe, Selleck was Indiana Jones and Burt Reynolds was Han Solo, and nobody knows who Harrison Ford is.
Lord of the Rings was one of those movies that seemed to be cast perfectly.

However, it could have went very differently.
1. Nick Cage was in discussions for the role of Aragorn (also, Neo in the Matrix).
2. Lucy Lawless as Galadriel.
3. Ethan Hawke as Faramir.
4. Sean Connery as Gandalf.
5. Sam Neil as Gandalf.
6. Bowie as Elrond

Thankfully none of the above happened, especially Nick Cage as Aragorn.

More here:
15 Actors Who Almost Starred In Lord Of The Rings

Lord of the Rings was one of those movies that seemed to be cast perfectly.

However, it could have went very differently.
1. Nick Cage was in discussions for the role of Aragorn (also, Neo in the Matrix).
2. Lucy Lawless as Galadriel.
3. Ethan Hawke as Faramir.
4. Sean Connery as Gandalf.
5. Sam Neil as Gandalf.
6. Bowie as Elrond

Thankfully none of the above happened, especially Nick Cage as Aragorn.

More here:
15 Actors Who Almost Starred In Lord Of The Rings

I think Bowie would have been fine, but the rest are lazy, star-driven choices.

VN Store

Back