Weak link

In my opinion the fanbase is our weak link.
Players have bought in.. Recruits have bought in..
Adversity we jump ship like rats...
This is not what this program is built on..
If you lose faith the coaches and players.. They get on the same wagon..
These players have worked there butts off so let's support them this weekend and turn the ship around. Got new unis and a attitude ....GBO..

OK, I am finally going to admit, there is truth to this.

Obviously you don't pay attention. Should I throw up the list again guys?

Throwing up an irrelevant list that included walkons who will never see the field, 2 true freshman QBs who haven't and won't see the field this year and the 3rd string punter means absolutely nothing. Damn dude. I'm asking (even though I already know) you to cull that list down to the freshmen who ACTUALLY PLAY IN THE GAMES...WHICH ONES START AND WHICH ONES GET ON THE FIELD ON OFFENSE AND DEFENSE AS A BACKUP????

You've actually been given the very short list of those players (Jennings, Williams, Tuttle, KMac, Phillips, Abernathy and Kirkland, Jr) yet you persist with thst stupid kneejerk irrelevant list that tells no one anything about how freshmen are actually playing any significant role in the wins and losses to date. How about a little intellectual honesty for once?

Reactions: 1 person
This thread is insulting to the fans who have packed Neyland Stadium every Saturday for the last 8 years and witnessed the following W/L records:

5-7
7-6
6-7
5-7
5-7
5-7
7-6
2-3

The fanbase is NOT the problem. The fanbase is a huge reason why we even have the potential to survive the Kiffin/Dooley/Jones eras and not become Colorado. The blame lies with the administration and the AD who refuse to pony up the money to hire proven coaches.

If you want to blame the fanbase, blame it for being too loyal to the program. If attendance dropped to 60k on a regular basis, the AD would start hemorrhaging money and might feel compelled to turn Tennessee into a winning program again. As is, they continue to make money by selling hope and promises of next year and the cycle of hiring up-and-comers or mid-major coaches will never cease.

Reactions: 1 person
OK, I am finally going to admit, there is truth to this.

Don't. Very few if any have lost faith in the talented players on this team, the kids who have busted their arses to get those 2 score leads and win the games we've lost. Most, if not all of us are critically thinking, criticizing the faulty coaching decisions that have led to 3 unprecedented come from ahead losses in an effort to somehow get our HC's attention so that he will change his gameday coaching philosophy so that those very talented players can win games that they've fought so hard for. The manner in which we've lost those 3 games are simply unacceptable and the last thing Butch Jones needs to hear from the fanbase right is "it's ok Butch, we love you, we know we're young this year, don't worry about it....next year." He's needs to hear/see "we support you, as evidenced by a packed Neyland stadium, but the way YOU are losing games is unacceptable.....stop making excuses, make some changes and win the games you oughtta win or the support you currently enjoy will go away." Jmo.

This thread is insulting to the fans who have packed Neyland Stadium every Saturday for the last 8 years and witnessed the following W/L records:

5-7
7-6
6-7
5-7
5-7
5-7
7-6
2-3

The fanbase is NOT the problem. The fanbase is a huge reason why we even have the potential to survive the Kiffin/Dooley/Jones eras and not become Colorado. The blame lies with the administration and the AD who refuse to pony up the money to hire proven coaches.

If you want to blame the fanbase, blame it for being too loyal to the program. If attendance dropped to 60k on a regular basis, the AD would start hemorrhaging money and might feel compelled to turn Tennessee into a winning program again. As is, they continue to make money by selling hope and promises of next year and the cycle of hiring up-and-comers or mid-major coaches will never cease.
You are the problem. Stop spending your dollars on the crap product.

As a fan at fault, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all of Volnation for blowing three double digit leads this season.

Reactions: 2 people

5-7
7-6
6-7
5-7
5-7
5-7
7-6
2-3

Truth!
Unadulterated and sunshine free

I'm sure I am inviting arrows from both sides, but I'm a UT fan with enough scars to not give a damn.

This program is still in distress. It just is. If you don't see it, then you are not being realistic. Year 3 of a new coaching regime and there are too many questions to ignore.

On the other hand, this program has grown in the past 3 years in many ways. If you don't see it, then you are not being realistic. The results are not where we want them, but there is a glimmer of hope that Butch might get it done.

Bottom line: Tennessee is not going to pay $10 million to send Butch on his way. He is going to get at least one more season. It seems to me that the only choice we have is to watch the games, drink good beer and hope for the best. That, or go hiking until something better comes along. I'll be watching Tennessee football.

Now, let's beat UGA. I really hate those bastards.

Last edited:
If the team has it in them, they will pull it together OP.
They don't rely on us that much but we do owe it to them.
Troy Fleming surprised me a little on The Locker Room Sunday.
He was talking about the team coming together and said "The fans come and go, you do it for the team".
While they don't depend on us, I was surprised to hear player/s felt that way about support and the lack of.
I guess I shouldn't be though.

So, if people stop buying iPhones, it's the customers fault, not Apple's?

Yeah, good theory there. That's how companies go out of business.

Last edited:
What an idiot, Vol fans are the backbone of Tennessee football, weak link my ass.....some Vol fans actually remember winning and watching the Vols actually tackle and throw TD's and sing Rocky Top all night

What an idiot, Vol fans are the backbone of Tennessee football, weak link my ass.....some Vol fans actually remember winning and watching the Vols actually tackle and throw TD's and sing Rocky Top all night

I have to agree but with an asterisk.
Half of the Vol fans old enough to remember the wins(as I am) were just as *****y then.
God I miss the good ole days but it's not quiet enough to make me forget - "Well, we didn't win by enough".
I bet you remember those days also.

VN Store

Back