We will land a top 15 class..good bet or bad bet?

your friend living in detroit is prob gonna need that money to eat and pay cable...

It really depends on how many we take.

If we end up taking 27 I think you have a shot.

We need to land 2 of Lawson, Green, Bell and North to give you a chance with one of those being either Lawson or Green. (This is very possible).

Then if we can bring in a Morris, Grace or some of the other 4 stars on our board I think we will finish around 12-15.

But if we miss on Lawson and Green, I think you are toast.

It really depends on how many we take.

If we end up taking 27 I think you have a shot.

We need to land 2 of Lawson, Green, Bell and North to give you a chance with one of those being either Lawson or Green. (This is very possible).

Then if we can bring in a Morris, Grace or some of the other 4 stars on our board I think we will finish around 12-15.

But if we miss on Lawson and Green, I think you are toast.

I approve of this post.

Realistically I see around 18-20....of course I hope we shoot to the top ten but that's just asking a lot from the new staff....frankly I've been impressed with the diligence shown by this group of coaches...if they cant recruit its not because they arent working at it....

Bad bet IMO. Last year's class had ten 4*, nine 3*, and two 2*... and was rated 17th by Rivals.

Top 25 class would be good if the right needs are met.

Bad bet IMO. Last year's class had ten 4*, nine 3*, and two 2*... and was rated 17th by Rivals.

Top 25 class would be good if the right needs are met.

One five star is worth more than two low rank 4 stars I believe...would be a huge bump to land Lawson or Green.

haha..thanks guys! Hell, I brought this hater to his first UT game in 2009 when we clownstomped JawJaw 45-19! The nerve lol

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

I got a friend in Detroit who's a Mich fan . He's been here 6-8 times for a UT game & now loves the Vols. he said game day here was SO much better than there. I went to Ann Arbor 2 yrs ago & he is correct! It's fine there but NOTHING like Knoxville!
ORANGE RULES!

One of my many friends who loves to hate UT (got lots of them here in Detroit bc Im obnoxious fan) was talking ch it last night saying Butch Jones cant recruit for crap and that recruits dont even know his name and that TN stinks and is irrelevant, blah blah, etc...

I told him we were ranked in mid 40's a few weeks ago and now sit around #27-28 on Rivals. I told him I believe Jones will pull in a top 15 class when its all said and done on NSD. He says no way lol I tried to warn him of the high-caliber recruits looking at us.

He said lets go..$100 right now UT wont land in top 15. I said you're on punk. I truly believe we will do it! Do you guys think I made a good bet? Stupid bet?

Probably not, but I wouldn't panic. Player development is where it's at. How many years running did we land top 5 classes under Fulmer and it not show on Saturdays? In the early to mid 90's yes, but after that.......no so much.

We are currently #24 on Rivals, but 11th in the SEC. In the grand scheme of things we might finish inside of the top 20, but still around 8th in the SEC. Things will not start to turn around until we are out recruiting the SEC not the rest of the nation. With that being said we have improved over the last month, and it is very encouraging to see the ground that CBJ is making up.

Reactions: 1 person
i think you are out $100 my friend.....

it is possible to land a top 15 class, but we aren't the only team still trying to add some stud recruits to our list.

need North and Bell...and one of Lawson and Green to get us close to that.

I know if I were a recruiter for the city of Detroit,I sure as hell wouldn't mention Kid Rock. Just my opinion.

To be fair...we were at 25 when Dools got shot out of the cannon...we dropped to 45...and then bUTch has us inching up....if this past weekend and the next big one gets some quality...who knows but I'm fine with whatever ranking....I'm just tired of being out coached every year...take care if that Coach Jones!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Difference was that we were losing momentum with Dooley and we are currently gaining momentum with CBJ.

Good news also that this rain will be out of here by the weekend. Mild temps. and sunny.

To the guy who asked where exactly in Detroit...I am from Farmington Hills area. Good ol Oakland Co..nobody knows that it is one of the finest, most affluent counties in the COUNTRY!! All anybody knows is the decay of western civilization they see on TV shows. Livonia isnt all that great...its about the same caliber as Warren, Sterling Heights, etc...

I HATE scUM....I attended MSU before I transferred to UT. I bleed Orange and Green! The soft house in Ann Arbor is sooooo OVERRATED!!

When Dooley first got here and signed his first class, there were a lot of people saying "Dooley signed DaRick, Hunter, Stone and James among others. He got us in the top 10 with a very short time to assemble his first class. A lot on here said we will be in the top 5 every year from now on. "Dooley doing work" and other similar praises were thrown about at will. The same was said after Kiffin's first class by the same crowd. Seems like this same crowd is again making these same predictions.
Pardon me if I don't jump in with this crowd this time. I wish CBJ the best and like the direction he is headed but I'm taking a wait and see approach.

I just need one big-time recruit to jump on board, and its gravy from there! Come on Butch, pay for my Oregon ticket in September! lol

HONOR THY VOLS....CHERISH THEM...

Top 15 is not likely but is attainable, but even if reached will be no better than probably 5th or 6th in the SEC which is really the only thing that matters.

I just need one big-time recruit to jump on board, and its gravy from there! Come on Butch, pay for my Oregon ticket in September! lol

HONOR THY VOLS....CHERISH THEM...

I think you get more than one and you will end up $100 richer. CBJ and the staff are all over the place. And just to sweeten the pot, hopefully Derrick Green's announcement in 10 days is what puts you over the top.

VN Store

Back