We were out-coached...

Fair enough, and you're right, the W is most important. I honestly believe he can do it, but it won't be this year. He needs to recruit a QB who has confidence and can play his system (see: Tyler Bray). It looks as if neither Crompton nor Stephens got any development at the QB position under the previous staff.

And that may be all ya'll need. Florida needs comp in the East.

Hey guys....don't you realize that as long as you continue to argue and banter back and forth with 5150, you are fanning the flames? Simply ignore him. He knows nothing about football and his attitude is rotten to the core. Thus, after this post, he is no longer worth our thoughts.

:salute:
Look at everything he could have controlled up to this point (recruiting and coaching staff, among other things), and everything he couldn't (particularly personnel at O-line and QB) and I see no reason why he won't succeed here. Even the play calling, with his own recruits, may have turned out to be genius for all we know.

Kiffin isn't the problem, our lack of talent at the QB position is. I'd give my left nut to have BJ or Tajh Boyd running our offense.

One bad game and everyone is calling for his head wow give the guy a break. We had a chance to win the game and we just couldn't capitalize on it.

One bad game and everyone is calling for his head wow give the guy a break. We had a chance to win the game and we just couldn't capitalize on it.

Exactly. People act like UCLA just dominated us both statistically and on the scoreboard. The fact is our QB played horrific and even though we had no ability to get the ball to our receivers, we were one yard and a PAT away from the W.

There is a reason that Pete Carroll let Kiffin go. He's a whiney little brat that isn't that smart. Since I don't follow Tenn. football I don't know how he's been received but I strongly believe he'll be gone in 2 years.

Oh yeah, my little jab, this is again another showing that the Pac-10 is underrated and that the SEC is way overrated.

There is a reason that Pete Carroll let Kiffin go. He's a whiney little brat that isn't that smart. Since I don't follow Tenn. football I don't know how he's been received but I strongly believe he'll be gone in 2 years.

Oh yeah, my little jab, this is again another showing that the Pac-10 is underrated and that the SEC is way overrated.

What an ignorant statement.

Quit being an idiot. Kiffin is going to be fine. Good game plan, but we just have no quarterback. Start Stephens the rest of the season and we will win 7 or 8. And then we'll have another good recruiting class, and we will be back. Mark it down.

There were a couple of weird play calls (first play of second half & play on the goal line for 4th down), but this was not on the coaches. When your QB plays bad, you have a ton of other issues that pop up. You can't run the ball ... You can't control the line ... etc.... this is not on the coaches.

Agree. Crompton's meltdown scared them.

We went more conservative and it was still a close game. Sucks we lost, but all we can do is learn from it, make adjustments, and do it different next time.

This isn't a few week project. Kiffin has rebuilding to do.

I agree. Kiffin may consider giving some of the reins to Chaney.

I was thinking the same thing. He did develop Drew Brees who is a top 3 NFL QB. I hope Kiffin isn't so cocky as to not recognize the fact that Chaney might be better at the play call than he is. Anyone wonder if Little Kiff would ever get on to Monte if the D messed up? I bet Monte would ground him. LOL

Kiffin will turn over some of the duties down the line. Cheney ran a different system and till Kiffin feels confident that Cheney would run it exactly how Kiffin would run it, then he is going to be the main play caller.

Even so, I think that Cheney still gives plenty of input during the week and during the game.

didnt get outcoached we just had to do things we wouldnt normally do bc we have stephen hawking as our quarterback

I agree, I think Kiffin will be fine and unlike last years team I can see this team improving as the season progresses. Penalties have been drastically cut down, defense looks great, and special teams coverage looks much better. I think this coaching staff will be a lot better at making appropriate adjustments and not letting team morale get down.

BCS champions since first year (1998)

SEC- 5
Pac 10- 1

we have a 2 billion dollar deal with ESPN and we have Erin Andrews.

You have games on Verses and mudslides..

SEC for the epic win.......

BTW drop the L in your username and i think we have a better representation of who you really are..

Last edited:

Yeah...thats why the best team in the Pac-10 has to go undefeated and hope that some other teams lost some games to even be considered to play in the NC game, yet an SEC team with 2 losses can play in and win the Championship....yeah the Pac-10...pretty sure they are just as good (or bad) as everyone knows they are.

Candy coat as we wish, but the SEC is UF and everyone else this year. Very PAC 10ish.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Kiffin isn't the problem, our lack of talent at the QB position is. I'd give my left nut to have BJ or Tajh Boyd running our offense.

Oh, you mean the QB that (according to BJ) was never given a fair chance during Spring Practice and the QB prospect that Kiffin rejected and later tried to recant his rejection???? Yeah, quality signs of a HC...

I, too, have a question. When are we going to realize that what makes Eric Berry so special is not that he can go one on one with a blocking running back but that he can roam the dang field like a center fielder? The fact that we are so loaded in our secondary and only have one interception against the two QB's that we have faced at home is an embarrassment to Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2 Defense IMO....

I didn't say it would be a better option than the toss to Hardesty. It would have worked better than having them run it to the same bloody direction they ran it the whole drive.

when is running to your obvious strength something to avoid?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

y r ppl puttin kiffin on the spot already lets finish a ****in season without callin out a coach 4 once i mean seriously..stephens didnt see a down cause well he sucks just a worse..we as fans just need to sit back let the coaches do there thang and wait til we get a qb..

Amazingly, our "passing game" is just as pathetic this year as last--but ucla's offense was bad too, and just like last year, they managed to win the game again. Good grief.

We we're not out coached. If we switch our QB's, we win. Our team is just not very good.

VN Store

Back