We still have a shot at playoffs!

The fact is no one knows, so the "experts" on here who say Tennessee has no chance, really have no idea what's going to happen

Hey , on cbs they showed 16 that are in contention on ESPN there is another article on and on bleacher report, don't know what your trying to prove BUT TENNESSEE STILL HAS A SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS!

In all honesty, most people debating in this thread take less exception to the premise we still have a shot, than the fact that Dobbs4Heisman is the one pushing it. The way he presents his opinion as fact is very similar to the way he presented his rants about Dobbs and that Hurd was the best RB in the SEC. If we win the SEC, then yes we have a chance. On that same note, so does Kentucky.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey , on cbs they showed 16 that are in contention on ESPN there is another article on and on bleacher report, don't know what your trying to prove BUT TENNESSEE STILL HAS A SHOT AT THE PLAYOFFS!

Yeah I get that mathematically they have a shot realistically they do not. Commentators gotta talk things up to keep people interested.

Look at it this way- if almost any team (not named Alabama) loses their next game, they are probably out of the playoff picture. If we lose our next game, we are out of the top 25. See the difference? Our best win is who? Georgia? When your best team has also lost their homecoming game to Vandy, you don't have an argument to be included- and if it were any other team not named UT, you would be raising hell at even the mention of it.

Our best win at this point is Florida, but might be Virginia Tech by the end of the season. Best win doesn't matter as much as conference championship does.

Our best win at this point is Florida, but might be Virginia Tech by the end of the season. Best win doesn't matter as much as conference championship does.

Exactly, this is why baylor/west virginia will be at best 5th, they don't have a conference championship game to solidify their resume.

Reactions: 1 person
Look at it this way- if almost any team (not named Alabama) loses their next game, they are probably out of the playoff picture. If we lose our next game, we are out of the top 25. See the difference? Our best win is who? Georgia? When your best team has also lost their homecoming game to Vandy, you don't have an argument to be included- and if it were any other team not named UT, you would be raising hell at even the mention of it.

Uhh no. Our best win is definitely not Georgia. I know you're trying to make us look bad but our playoff resume is actually pretty good so far.

Our best win is over #14 Florida (5-1) and we've also beaten #25 Virginia Tech (5-2). That's 2 ranked teams. We're actually one of the few teams in the country with 2 wins over teams currently ranked in the top 25. Our only losses are to 2 teams currently ranked in the top 10 (#1 Alabama and #9 Texas A&M). And to help our case even more, we played both games with tons of injuries to our key players. We even took #9 Texas A&M to double OT on the road with 7 turnovers and 10+ players our with injury.

Most of the teams you think are locks to get into the playoff before us currently have 0-1 wins over ranked teams (i.e. Washington, Michigan, and Louisville). And some have an ugly loss (i.e. Ohio State).

Last edited:
This team was not talented enough to be a playoff team at full strength. After injuries, 10-2 regular season will be a great season.

I can't believe we are discussing this still. If anything, the two loss teams that look like they are in the best shape to make the CFBP are LSU and Auburn. Both are dominating and are much healthier than TN. It's like people think not making the playoffs is a failed season.

Trust me, I want us in the playoffs so badly, but at some point you just have to concede that it is not happening.

Interesting comments. I agree that Alabama is the best team in the country. No Debate. The discussion on the board will look different in about 6 weeks, when we are 10-2 and probably ranked between 8 & 11. If Alabama reaches the SEC championship game as expected, they will have to beat a good LSU team in Baton Rouge and the Iron bowl may be for the West division. Alabama has already lost their starting safety. I expect them to win out, but their road is much harder than ours and if we meet again, it will not be the same Tennessee team they played before. They would probably win a rematch, but a Tennessee victory would not be out of the question and if we were to be 11-2 SEC champs, we would have a decent shot of being in the playoffs.

This team was not talented enough to be a playoff team at full strength. After injuries, 10-2 regular season will be a great season.

False. We have 14 future NFL starters in our starting lineup. If 100% healthy, we would easily be a playoff team.

Future NFL starters
Dobbs
Hurd
Kamara
Jennings
Wolf
Weisman
Barnett
Tuttle
Vickers
Kirkland
JRM
Sutton
Gaulden
Abernathy

With two losses and a rematch with Bama in the SECC, UT has a similar chance at the playoffs as they do of getting struck by lightning. Like... All of them, as a team. It's conceivable, but of such low statisticaal probabiliy that it's not even worth discussion.

We're looking at a 10-2 regular season record. We ended the UF streak and beat UGA again. That alone should be worth ssome celebration.

Reactions: 1 person
False. We have 14 future NFL starters in our starting lineup. If 100% healthy, we would easily be a playoff team.

Future NFL starters
Dobbs
Hurd
Kamara
Jennings
Wolf
Weisman
Barnett
Tuttle
Vickers
Kirkland
JRM
Sutton
Gaulden
Abernathy

If this list were even close to accurate, there is no way that Tennessee would have been in close games with App State and Ohio. The sheer talent alone would have made up for any motivational or coaching deficiencies.

Reactions: 3 people
When hope is gone , then I will not hope but while it exists, I will grap it with both hands and love ❤️ on it! VOLS! Playoffs! Beat bama! Make the playoff committee choose and if you all think that our players are not thinking about making it your freaking nuts!

They are good but I truly believe that what they did to our 2end and 3 even 4 string players is not a reflection on our first team and now we will grow and get healthy as a team and will be ready for bama the week after they play au , and trust me they gave our team fuel ⛽️ with all the taunting and Tennessee will fight !

We will get healthy and better. The bad thing is Bama will improve as well. Bama is fielding a historic type defense. I just dont think, even at 100% health, we would beat them.

Future NFL starters
Dobbs
Hurd
Kamara
Jennings
Wolf
Weisman
Barnett
Tuttle
Vickers
Kirkland
JRM
Sutton
Gaulden
Abernathy

Dobbs is not a future NFL starter...not as a qb anyway..sorry

The others may AFTER a successful college career but are not ready now.

The only players that will be starting on an NFL roster next year are: Barnett, Hurd, Kamara, Sutton

Dobbs is not a future NFL starter...not as a qb anyway..sorry

The others may AFTER a successful college career but are not ready now.

The only players that will be starting on an NFL roster next year are: Barnett, Hurd, Kamara, Sutton

Hurd is not getting a starting gig as a rookie. No way.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back