We need some good news

You and me both, brotha. Procrastination makes stuff exciting. I work well in the clutch.

Also, Escape Goat, I was asking about the RB... I dunno if Quenshon is an every down guy, but he appears to have absolutely elite speed. With a "spreadpro" offense, maybe he will be utilized in the running game in situations that aren't straight up I Form, downhill running.
I personally don't want the cat..... At all.

wilcox is very good at what he does, fans will see that in due time. we lose janzen before the season and our best lber has been out all season thus far, couple that with our dline depth issues and i just dont understand how people can say wilcox isnt doing a pretty good job.

Skeeter, do you think other teams will come calling for Wilcox at the end of the season? I know Texas did last year. We need this staff to stay intact for a couple more years.

I'll take the speed involved on offense, but not as our other RB from this class that the staff is pursuing.

wilcox is very good at what he does, fans will see that in due time. we lose janzen before the season and our best lber has been out all season thus far, couple that with our dline depth issues and i just dont understand how people can say wilcox isnt doing a pretty good job.

Skeeter, what are your thoughts regarding the D-Line next year? I mean, best case scenario.. I'd say the Vols have Autry, Sentimore, Jacobs, Couch, J. Smith, Miller, Marlon Walls, Bohannon, Jordan Williams, and Taylor...

Did I miss anyone? Will this be enough bodies to be a REALLY good D-Line, or serviceable?

Edit: I forgot Danny O'Brien (whoops)

def. a lost cause in the fball forum. im trying to take my hand at a couple of the threads to try a preach some logic. We must attack by the masses lol :superman:

def. a lost cause in the fball forum. im trying to take my hand at a couple of the threads to try a preach some logic. We must attack by the masses lol :superman:

I go to the football forum and all I do is update my ignore list. I'm up to about 50 now since last week. hope there isn't a limit.

I've grown tired of posting responses in the fb forum, it just gets lost in the madness, so now I just post gifs.

I dunno if it was you, but a longggggggggg time ago earlier this season, there was a "The Sky Is Falling" thread, and someone posted a GIF of kermit the frog going absolutely nuts.

It summed up how so, so many of us probably feel. It was perfect.

Skeeter, what are your thoughts regarding the D-Line next year? I mean, best case scenario.. I'd say the Vols have Autry, Sentimore, Jacobs, Couch, J. Smith, Miller, Marlon Walls, Bohannon, Jordan Williams, and Taylor...

Did I miss anyone? Will this be enough bodies to be a REALLY good D-Line, or serviceable?

Edit: I forgot Danny O'Brien (whoops)

depth is the main issue and that should be better next year. these guys a worn out.

GATech... you forgot Allan Carson. Dude will make strides, and is just plain too big for some guys to move... I think he and Couch will be vastly improved.

Watch out guys... this thread almost seems like some Vol fans enjoying posting on the best site on the interwebs and having effective, reasonable discussion.

Reactions: 2 people
GATech... you forgot Allan Carson. Dude will make strides, and is just plain too big for some guys to move... I think he and Couch will be vastly improved.

That's right....Thanks. I forgot about him.

So for DT we have:

Couch, Hood, O'Brien, Carson, Jacobs, and Corey Miller?

Eek... Wish there were a couple more in there. I hated seeing Gabe Wright starting for Auburn on Saturday.

is Sentimore a DT still?

it would take a hc job or oregon def cord job to lure him away imo. he likes it here alot.

I see. Thanks Skeeter. I sure hope Oregon doesn't fire anyone. I imagine he'd be high on the list of candidates to hire. I really think his defense will be fully realized in a year or two. Then it will be really tough to hang onto him IMO.

I don't even touch the football forum anymore. Sometimes I go on there to heckle the troglodytes, but I really do try to stay away.

The thing that I hate reading are that people claim they are "realists" and that Dooley needs to be gone, etc... (even with all of the injuries, the schedule, depth, etc)

Oh well... Go Vols. We should password protect the recruiting forum so only sane people can contribute.

This might need to happen...for any "The Walking Dead" fans out there, it kind of feels like the episode that they're stuck in the department store and all the "walkers" are beating on the doors, trying to get in...

It's only matter of time...:ermm:

Reactions: 1 person
Your GIFs have been pretty solid as of late. Nice work if nobody has told you yet.

Thanks, man. I like to bring a little joy to the fb forum...one gif at a time :hi:
I dunno if it was you, but a longggggggggg time ago earlier this season, there was a "The Sky Is Falling" thread, and someone posted a GIF of kermit the frog going absolutely nuts.

It summed up how so, so many of us probably feel. It was perfect.

I'm don't think it was me...but I bet it was this...

tumblr_lnnv1gqtkj1qf3b0z.gif

Reactions: 4 people
I personally think Corey Miller plays outside more next year. It really depends on if Wilcox has the confidence and horses to put in some 3-4 ish schemes, and who fits where on some of the chaotic packages he hasn't even gotten to show yet.

There's a lot more to consider than "4 guys up front each down" IMO.

VN Store

Back