We have a really good chance of upsetting Georgia.

Nice work. I think the time of the game is of less importance than the media talking about how Mark Richt continues to lose games he shouldn't. So let's add:
6) Richt under fire

Coach being under fire is UGA favor.

The main thing that concerns me is Gurley. However, our defense has played really well against the run. I'll be there yelling loud for our Vols. Would love to come away with a win in Athens. It's definitely doable.

We have a chance to win every game, not just Ga. After the Sooner game we know what we have now. Every game is a possible win, not just GA.

Idk, but I know what I saw vs sc. A head butt that should have been flagged, two hand jabs to the face, split seconds afterward that also should have been flagged. Announcers said he did same thing last game. You do realize that two of those your out, right? Don't shoot the messenger if your a Gurley man.
Lol not a Gurley fan or guy, but just was curious why you would suggest he has a likelihood of being kicked out of a game...... You know since he never has.

We are the more disciplined team with only 9 penalties called on us this year!!! Let me say that again, 9 penalties in 3 games!!! They already have 15 in 2 games. That is the key to the game. The more disciplined team will prevail

Reactions: 2 people
If the offensive line can make decent improvement and the D can keep Gurley from going all Dexter Mccluster on us, we gotta chance

U lost me on 1..

Cbj also lost to candy after a bye week last yr n ol will not be much better..

Ga losing was the worst thing that could of happened for us.. Now they have to win n its at home..

Very tough for us to win n when was the last road sec win over a ranked team?

Why are so many people talking about how we won't face a front 7 like OU again? Bama, UGA, and UF all have as much talent or better talent then OU at those positions.

If this game was at home I might agree we have a good chance, but on the road I do not think so. True the OL played better in the second half but how much of that was because OU let up off the gas? Our D played lights out in the OU game but I still feel like we will have to outscore the dogs as I do not feel we can totally stop the run game.

OU let off the gas, but yet their starters were still playing in the 4th? Hmm....

1. Don't discount Butch Jones after a Bye Week.

Last year, our game after the bye week was South Carolina where Butch Jones got his much needed signature win. and in 2012 Cinncinatti the game after their bye week they Upset a ranked Virginia Tech at home in their stadium. 2011 Cincinatti upset Lousiville at home after their bye week against a ranked Lousiville team.

2. Noon Game

The away team has an advantage IMO.

3. Key Players return from Injury.

The biggest ones are Ethan Wolfe. Hopefully, Von will be ready to go as well.

The X Factor for this game is RB Derrell Scott. He is finally healthy and he gives this team another dimension at RB with his speed and he is a great change of pace back to spell Marlin Lane and Jalen Hurd.

4. Georgia's defensive woes.

Georgia has a suspect defense, especially at secondary. Clemson and South Carolina exposed them in the secondary, and with our talent at WR we should be able to have a field day with Marquez North and Pig Howard, and Josh Malone.

5. Offensive Line will improve.

We finally have a starting 5 that we are comfortable with. The bye week gives this unit more time to gel. In the second half of the Oklahoma game, the O-Line looked to settle down, and I think they will look much better against a lowly Georgia defense.

Please 'splain #2 to me. :blink:

Things I'd like to see...

1. Redemption for Pig. I love that kid and I think he's the best example of an individual player fighting back and doing what it takes to make the team a winner. And if there is a game winning touchdown, I want the ball to be in his hands.

2. Worley coming out in form. Hitting receivers in stride, moving the chains and getting the defense some rest. I don't care if he hits the long passes or not. Just keep moving the chains and put points on the board.

3. Redemption for Croom. I want him to internalize what happened against OU and come out to use his size against the opposing secondary. Or as a minimum, laying the lumber on the UGA secondary for North, Pig or Malone.

4. Stop Gurley at the line of scrimmage. Or behind would be awesome as well. I want AJ, Maggitt and JRM to make him feel like he just hit a brick wall. I don't want him hurt, but I do want him heading to the sidelines telling the coach "I think I need a break to catch my breath."

5. Cam to have (another) game with plenty of .gif material.

6. Worley to run it at least once so some posters can stop complaining about the read option.

7. Both Hurd and Lane having significant yards on the ground. I would love for Lane to have a breakout year as a Senior.

Not asking for much here.

Von won't play against UGA. Just got the alert from ESPN.

We will really need Wolf then. It's clear to me with the oline we have we need a 3rd threat besides North and Howard. Damn it reminds me of last year all over again. We have depth there...doh.

Why are so many people talking about how we won't face a front 7 like OU again? Bama, UGA, and UF all have as much talent or better talent then OU at those positions.

It gave our young OL a chance to say "We were in that game" and the confidence to move on.....I personally do not think we will face another defense that fast.....we will face very good defenses but none that fast....you can have all the talent in the world...but it is how you use them and coach those players....look at FL and Ga. Both schools are always loaded but under perform....(or have the REFS give them the game)..but have a standout player or two....they lack.. what our team has...HEART...and the unwillingness to give up...

Last edited:
You are right. Just imagine how tough they would be if they had a "harbaugh" type coach to go along with their talent.

Exactly. I was telling my UGA fan coworkers last week, I expected Georgia to win, but you never know with Richt, he has a history of playing down to opponents. I think Richt should have been fired in '09 when they went 7-5. There's no excuse for that team to have been blown out by the '09 Tennessee team led by Crompton, they had much better players at most positions.
I know Georgia has a great in-state talent pool, and Richt does a decent job of recruiting, but with a better coach, they would be a force to be reckoned with. Luckily, Richt wins enough to stay every year and I won't argue with that.

Last edited:
Please 'splain #2 to me. :blink:

It doesn't give the road team an advantage, but noon kickoffs do certainly tend to cause more of a home crowd lull as opposed to a later time. People don't usually get as "lathered up" for noon games.

I'm assuming that's what the OP meant, anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
Georgia's front 7 is no slouch, and if they have constant pressure on Worley, it somewhat negates our advantages against the secondary.

I'm not writing us off. But we have FAR from a "really good chance" of upsetting them. Especially on the road.

Yeah not having an o line isn't going to help. If we had it I would say GA is totally possible.

It doesn't give the road team an advantage, but noon kickoffs do certainly tend to cause more of a home crowd lull as opposed to a later time. People don't usually get as "lathered up" for noon games.

I'm assuming that's what the OP meant, anyway.

The difference in attendance for our first game vs the Utah State was apparent. Not just because it was the first game but because people weren't in the same element as a night game. I'm hoping the same holds true for the GA home crowd.

VN Store

Back