We can beat VU and UK by doing what AU did to us.

engineerVOL

Super Bowl Champs, again!
I know his arm looks pretty good, but he's struggled with accuracy because he hasn't had enough time with these receivers... which will come. But Dobbs has showed a knack for when to pull it down and take off and gained big chunks. Now, those may have been designed QB draws, but they still worked. I do like how Neal ran though.

Vandy is suspect on defense and we could probably deflate them with a few play-action passes as well.

Scheme for next two weeks: KISS (keep it simple, stupid).

Dobbs..... :td:

Reactions: 3 people
I agree, if we run back most of the kickoffs for touchdowns, then yes, we shall dominate.

Reactions: 3 people
If we only complete 3 passes against Vandy we will lose.

Three deep balls to North with a few Pig slants and that put us in scoring position 3 times, we won't lose.

Of course, ST and defense have to show up. But i think they will... thank goodness for this bye week.

I know his arm looks pretty good, but he's struggled with accuracy because he hasn't had enough time with these receivers... which will come. But Dobbs has showed a knack for when to pull it down and take off and gained big chunks. Now, those may have been designed QB draws, but they still worked. I do like how Neal ran though.

Vandy is suspect on defense and we could probably deflate them with a few play-action passes as well.

I am super nervous about the Vandy game. The advantages we have is home field advantage and two weeks to prepare.

However; Vandy is on a winning streak and can take advantage of our shortcomings.

To me, this is the biggest game since the 2007 Kentucky game, which we needed to win in order to get to the S.E.C. Championship game.

I will be at the game!!!!!

I just hope the fans show up for Vandy and make it like the UGA, USCjr games. I think if that happens, UT will rise to the occasion and step up, realizing what's at stake. Seniors have been through too much to let James Franklin smirk and fist pump to 57 adoring Vandy fans while walking off our field. They won't let it happen. Butch won't let it happen. Derek Dooley would totally let it happen and then would explain how it was all part of the process.

Guys, i'm referring to their offensive scheme.... which for some strange reason started out with 3 straight pass plays against us... but ended with "Marshall off-tackle for playstation-type numbers".

I'm just assuming we won't be able to house a kick or punt, so that's moot.

Our Seniors need to lay it one the line one last time for Neyland.

Three deep balls to North with a few Pig slants and that put us in scoring position 3 times, we won't lose.

Of course, ST and defense have to show up. But i think they will... thank goodness for this bye week.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Dobbs completing anything down the field.

Reactions: 2 people
First of all if our special teams showed up at all vs. Auburn its a different game! AND if we could run our read options as well as AU did, we could be 8-2.. thats a lot of ifs and buts.... I do love our offense with Dobbs under center and cant wait to thrash Vandy and UKY..

Lol this is funny. We use our offense to beat Vandy. We will score points but how we beat Vandy is for our d to stop someone and get off the field on third down. Yes Dobbs does show the ability to run but that is not what will win the game.

One problem: we can't spike the ball after a td. We saw how that ended up last week

One problem: we can't spike the ball after a td. We saw how that ended up last week

Well played.

I must say I was shocked to NOT see the Neal TD run (best of his career) called back "CP-style" for his high stepping into the zone. The officials made the right judgement call there (see my shock, noted above) because he was in total beast mode and simply unable to contain the emotional exuberance that came from realizing what he had just done.

They should've judged the same on Smith's int return, which was also rather epic and had momentum-altering potential.

AV

Funny how some cut Dobbs all of the slack, but wanted to throw Worley under the bus when he had more inexperienced receivers than Dobbs to throw to. We are not going to win a lot of games on the legs of any of our QBs.

That being said, we don't beat bammer, MO or AU with any of our QBs. We match up much better with Vandy who doesn't have the speed and talent of those 3.

Reactions: 2 people
Funny how some cut Dobbs all of the slack, but wanted to throw Worley under the bus when he had more inexperienced receivers than Dobbs to throw to. We are not going to win a lot of games on the legs of any of our QBs.

That being said, we don't beat bammer, MO or AU with any of our QBs. We match up much better with Vandy who doesn't have the speed and talent of those 3.

I cut Dobbs some slack because he hasn't had as much time throwing to the receivers as Worley and Dobbs accuracy is a little better than Worley. With that being said though our receivers aren't cutting them any slack with the drops need some pine tar on those gloves boys.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Dobbs completing anything down the field.

Exactly . As much as I did not particularly care for Worley, he threw at least one td pass in every game he played except for Bama ... Dobbs has played 10 qtrs and has yet to throw or run for a td

Lol this is funny. We use our offense to beat Vandy. We will score points but how we beat Vandy is for our d to stop someone and get off the field on third down. Yes Dobbs does show the ability to run but that is not what will win the game.

Works pretty well against UT though..

VN Store

Back