We are Tennesseans and This Is Tennessee

The gentleman from Massachusetts [Mr. Everett] talks of summing up the merits of the question, but I’ll sum up my own. In one word I’m a screamer, and have got the roughest racking horse, the prettiest sister, the surest rifle and the ugliest dog in the district. I’m a leetle the savagest crittur you ever did see. My father can whip any man in Kentucky, and I can lick my father. I can outspeak any man on this floor, and give him two hours start. I can run faster, dive deeper, stay longer under, and come out drier, than any chap this side the big Swamp. I can outlook a panther and outstare a flash of lightning, tote a steamboat on my back and play at rough and tumble with a lion, and an occasional kick from a zebra.

Davy crockett.

Even back then Tennessans were beating up on Kentucky

This ^^^^^ and 1+

I was born and raised right in SE TN(Athens to be exact), now I reside in NC, I am proud to call TN home!!

I think I will go KANYE WEST, and make a statement...."Barack Obama hates Tennesseeans!!!" LOL, I'm kidding

Lack of coverage? This is just incorrect. The national news you're watching must be the Colbert Report or MTV News because images/stories about it have been on CNN/Fox News/ MSNBC all freaking week.

I've seen ten times more coverage on the Times Square attempted car bomb and the oil spill in the gulf.
Both things that should be getting attention, but Nashville has been suffering and half the nation doesn't even know about it.

TN born and raised but I am out here in Oregon on military orders for the next 3 years and its hard being away. Especially right now, I want to be there helping everybody.

yeah I have family in the military. I can only imagine how hard it is being away from the place you call home.
& you are helping!! Thank you for your service.:rock:

Good Read. I live in Middle Tennessee. I couldnt leave my house for two days when the flood waters fell. We will not have running water for at least a week... probably longer. Luckily my house wasnt flooded and I have electricity... Many of my neighbors are not so fortunate. Every major highway in Hickman County is completely washed out in at least one place. The Bellevue area in West Nashville and most of downtown is a complete disaster. The local news outlets did a tremendous job even while pumping water out of their own buildings. The national media is a day late and a dollar short. They sure like our help when a hurricane hits the coast or terrorists attack. Im with the previous poster... This IS TENNESSEE. We will take care of our own. We will be ok. Thanks for the post.

Good Read. I live in Middle Tennessee. I couldnt leave my house for two days when the flood waters fell. We will not have running water for at least a week... probably longer. Luckily my house wasnt flooded and I have electricity... Many of my neighbors are not so fortunate. Every major highway in Hickman County is completely washed out in at least one place. The Bellevue area in West Nashville and most of downtown is a complete disaster. The local news outlets did a tremendous job even while pumping water out of their own buildings. The national media is a day late and a dollar short. They sure like our help when a hurricane hits the coast or terrorists attack. Im with the previous poster... This IS TENNESSEE. We will take care of our own. We will be ok. Thanks for the post.

I hope everything returns back to normal for you guys out there in Middle Tennessee

Volunteers from Utah are in Tennessee right now helping. I hope imagine other states have sent help, as well. I've never been through anything like that and can't begin to imagine what it would be like.

Lack of coverage? This is just incorrect. The national news you're watching must be the Colbert Report or MTV News because images/stories about it have been on CNN/Fox News/ MSNBC all freaking week.
even daily show and Colbert report have covered it quite a bit.

Volunteers from Utah are in Tennessee right now helping. I hope imagine other states have sent help, as well. I've never been through anything like that and can't begin to imagine what it would be like.

GodBless All You Utahins

Quite honeslty sir, it's hell. That's what it is. Not so much so much of the iconic structures in Nashville....but the look on our people's faces knowing everything they've built physically with their lives, is flat gone. We've been helping where we can, but sometimes all you can do is give a hug or a handshake when needed. Excellent artice. Really similar to the one I posted the other day from the Predator fan.

We Are Nashville | Section 303

Despite what school or university you are affiliated with, Tennessee needs some Volunteers now more than ever.

That's my hometown. It's been hard being in Knoxville and not being able to help out. The Harpeth River runs through that area and flooded many, many homes there. Luckily, my house is on higher elevation so no water got into it. Many others were not as lucky.

Quite honeslty sir, it's hell. That's what it is. Not so much so much of the iconic structures in Nashville....but the look on our people's faces knowing everything they've built physically with their lives, is flat gone. We've been helping where we can, but sometimes all you can do is give a hug or a handshake when needed. Excellent artice. Really similar to the one I posted the other day from the Predator fan.

We Are Nashville | Section 303

:salute:
GodBless all the poeple in Nashville

Thanks for the read. May God watch over all of our fellow Tennesseans to the west of us.

While there is a contentious rhetoric amongst citizens from east, middle and west Tennessee concerning those from other parts of the state in good times, when disaster happens we are all one Tennessee. My heart breaks for my middle Tennessee brothers and sisters.

That makes me proud to be a Tennessean. Not like I'm ever not proud of the state where I come from.

I am a flight mechanic on a helicopter crew for the Coast Guard. Im stationed in Oregon and I wish that they would seriously consider taking volunteer-temporary deployments on ORDERS to come down there and help. It really does suck being so far away. Thanks for all the well wishers that read my earlier posts on this thread.

Not a bad piece....

For everyone talking about lack of coverage shouldn't get too hung up on it. We are being covered across the nation whether you want to believe it or not. I've received calls from friends all over. Talked to my friend from Boston today and she said a lot of people are talking about it up there. Same with my buddy in Chicago and another in Minneapolis. I also received texts from an ex girlfriend who lives in LA now. Not sure if the consensus around here is that we want people to hear about it and empathize with our situation or we want someone to bail us out? But regardless, we aren't completely hidden in the shadows on this one.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Compared to the coverage of other natural disasters in other places (New Orleans, Haiti) this is getting very little attention.

VN Store

Back