Washaun Ealey suspended

Look back at what Richt did last year. Richt removed Mettenberger (Murray's true backup) after his arrest. That move left us dangerously thin at QB, it was still the right move by Richt IMHO.
It's pretty common knowledge that the Mettenberger decision came from Damon Evans; not CMR.

Richt could save himself a lot of grief if they'd just institute a Driver's Ed program. I've never seen a program that collectively had more issues with driving cars.

It's pretty common knowledge that the Mettenberger decision came from Damon Evans; not CMR.

I'm sure there was extra pressure from Evans but Richt knew what he had to do. Mettenberger had to go and Richt knew that as well, Richt just simply took his time and waited for all the facts to come out.

Richt could save himself a lot of grief if they'd just institute a Driver's Ed program. I've never seen a program that collectively had more issues with driving cars.

Everything is blown out of proportion because there's a huge microscope on all of the football players in Athens. We were all 19-23 at some point and I know we were not all choir boys. I understand that the players should be held to a different standard but there's so many ways to get caught in a mess while in school. That's why I believe everything should be handled on a case by case basis. The license issues or driving a scooter without a helmet, as stupid as they may be, don't bother me as much as when some of the players physically attack or threaten somebody. I have no problem when some of our boys get the boot after a DUI either. No doubt coach Richt has had his hands full with different incidents but I believed he has handled everything fairly.

You must be just pulling my leg, I don't think you're being serious at all.

Look back at what Richt did last year. Richt removed Mettenberger (Murray's true backup) after his arrest. That move left us dangerously thin at QB, it was still the right move by Richt IMHO. Montez Robinson was removed after his assault charge. The kid was going to have a very good year under the new 3-4 def. scheme, and that was also the right move by Richt.

Ealey has not done anything serious enough to get kicked off the team. You can't be serious about that.

Ealey did not rob a gas station, he didn't beat up a random dude at a bar, he didn't put an off duty cop in the hospital for weeks, he didn't sucker punch another student in the back of the head, etc. etc.

What has Ealey done that in your opinion is so bad that would require Richt to kick him off the team?

All before 6-7 and a Bowl loss to UCF.

All before 6-7 and a Bowl loss to UCF.

How does that have anything to with it?

Those 2 guys screwed up bigtime and had to go regardless of what might potentially happen to the team, period.

Washaun's incidents don't compare anywhere near to what those guys did.

Again, you can't be serious.

How does that have anything to with it?

Those 2 guys screwed up bigtime and had to go regardless of what might potentially happen to the team, period.

Washaun's incidents don't compare anywhere near to what those guys did.

Again, you can't be serious.

2009 - 8-5 - seat warm - Disciplinarian.

2010 - 6-7 with loss to UCF in the bowl - SEAT HOT! - Don't show up for punishment, no problem, just show up for spring practice.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back