W. Walker in Portal Again!

Why are so many people freaking out about this? And taking it as an occasion to post their tired old clichéd takes and prophecies on the portal?

Sorry to disappoint, but it's not a big deal at all. And you don't even know the reason for him changing his mind or being asked to go, as if that doesn't bear on the situation in the least. Just reflex rants. On repeat. Above all, it's not our problem.

Last edited:
The transfer portal is beyond ridiculous now.

Little need to follow it or recruiting anymore and simply support the team that comes out on the field on Saturdays.
Soon we’ll be pulling for a jersey and a helmet with some strange kids head in it

Looks like he can't win for losing....

Outgoing Louisville transfers​

Wesley Walker, DB​

Walker's time at Louisville lasted only three months, one of which included spring practices, after he transferred in from Tennessee in January. He entered the transfer portal April 23, as first reported by On3's Pete Nakos. As a Volunteer, he started 10 games at safety. The Cardinals were already shallow at safety and will need even more depth after losing Walker.
Portal to the wrong planet

Jayson Jenkins never turned in his transfer portal paperwork and now they are saying he is going to stay.

Little need to follow it or recruiting anymore and simply support the team that comes out on the field on Saturdays.
My view exactly. I get excited when we potentially sign a player but I don’t get too worked up until I see them put on the orange shirt. At that point I’m invested in the extreme

Little need to follow it or recruiting anymore and simply support the team that comes out on the field on Saturdays. BINGO!

Reactions: volfans1
Around the NCAA topic.

Walker is a rolling stone.

According to PFF, he was the highest graded returning safety in the SEC in 2023 at 77.5. He proved he can play, shouldn't have a problem finding another place to land

Is Baron able to transfer back to Ole Miss? A lot of their fans think he’s going back there.
Sure. Dozens of players that transferred in December are transferring this spring. Nothing prevents a player transferring back to a school he has been at. That has happened several times.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Because 2 are all the teams there are? 😂 And guess what, these were a step down.
By step down I mean non power conference schools. It's not about how many schools there are. It's about how many times can you transfer(and under what circunstances) before no power conference school is willing to risk a scholarship because you washed out at so many others. Leaving Louisville this fast can't be great for his stock in the portal.

By step down I mean non power conference schools. It's not about how many schools there are. It's about how many times can you transfer(and under what circunstances) before no power conference school is willing to risk a scholarship because you washed out at so many others. Leaving Louisville this fast can't be great for his stock in the portal.
the only limiting factors to transferring are, academics have to transfer and another school has to be willing to take you. Otherwise I can't think of anything else preventing player transfers. There are many players in portal right now that are moving to their third or fourth school.

As an example, Colorado had 56 players transfer into their program for the 2023 season. 23 of those players have transferred our or entered the portal for 2024. Some going to their third program.

the only limiting factors to transferring are, academics have to transfer and another school has to be willing to take you. Otherwise I can't think of anything else preventing player transfers. There are many players in portal right now that are moving to their third or fourth school.

As an example, Colorado had 56 players transfer into their program for the 2023 season. 23 of those players have transferred our or entered the portal for 2024. Some going to their third program.
That's what I'm wondering. At what point do transfers become self limiting? When does a school look at a guy and say he's transfered X number of times in 2 years, so he probably won't do well here, and pass?

Reactions: VAVol85
That's what I'm wondering. At what point do transfers become self limiting? When does a school look at a guy and say he's transfered X number of times in 2 years, so he probably won't do well here, and pass?
Coaches will always take someone they think can help their team, sometimes even if it is a short term solution.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Coaches will always take someone they think can help their team, sometimes even if it is a short term solution.
Sure. But someone who is likely to xfer after Spring practice if they don't start may not help the team. Unless you're pretty certain they'll start you may not take the chance on someone on there 4th school. A group of 5 is more likely to be sure they'll win the job just due to their talent pool. It's got to be a factor in whether to pursue someone or not.

Last edited:
Sure. Dozens of players that transferred in December are transferring this spring. Nothing prevents a player transferring back to a school he has been at. That has happened several times.
Did the remove the deadline for inter conference SEC transfers? I thought there was something for that.

Depends on what they need. Saw last week a kid just went to his seventh school. As long as they find a school that has a need, they will find a place

Depends on what they need. Saw last week a kid just went to his seventh school. As long as they find a school that has a need, they will find a place
Good lord. 7th? Who was he? Ultra blue chipper?

VN Store

Back