Vs. Clemson in Orange Bowl

Absolute nightmare of a matchup. With our WR opt outs, Hooker out, Offensive Coordinator gone to USF, and Dabo out with something left to prove — enjoy the sunshine and scenery and make sure your trip’s ”success” and happiness isn’t contingent on a TN win.

Well, watching their ACC Championship game, looks like they potentially found a QB and we are going to have to play against a pretty good defense.

Thoughts on the matchup?
UNC’s Oline is bad. I think we’ll fair better in that regard even with Milton who’s a better runner than Maye. It’s gonna be tough though. I worry about our secondary more than anything.

Our offensive success resides with Joe Milton. With some touch on the ball and some scrambles, this could be a real show. On defense, have to make it a one dimension game and the corners have to hold up. Even so, it would be a 38-35 type game.

The Heels defense is bad so expect more than what he did against Tennessee. Add in the fact that he has more than respectable wheels and it doesent end well for Tennessee. Banks will put them in zone and they’ll eat our lunch.

48-31.

Reactions: feathersax
I honestly think Clemson is favorite at this point.

We don't know how Milton will do. We don't know how our secondary will hold up. And Clemson finding a good QB is bad news for us, as QB has been their main issue for the past 2 seasons. Their defense is still one of the better ones in CFB.

That said, will be a fun game. Hoping Milton gets in a groove and the secondary plays one of its best games. A great test for us regardless.

Absolute nightmare of a matchup. With our WR opt outs, Hooker out, Offensive Coordinator gone to USF, and Dabo out with something left to prove — enjoy the sunshine and scenery and make sure your trip’s ”success” and happiness isn’t contingent on a TN win.

Our OC may be gone but our playcaller remains on staff. Not sure why many think Golesh is going to be that huge of loss from a Gameday perspective when this is Hype’s offense and baby.

If Ukelele was playing, I’d like our chances. But that new QB gives them a passing parameter that doesn’t bode well. We have to have a great pass rush to disrupt it. As we’ve seen too often, you cannot put it on our secondary to stop it. Of course Joe is a wild card too. Excited to see if he can lead the team against a good opponent. It’s his job to win for 2023.

We have a month to figure it out and this is where CJH + Staff earn their $$$$. Milton will be fine. I am thinking that we may not have as many opt outs as we suspect.

Will we be the visitors or the home team? Trying to determine which side of the field to buy tickets on. lol

VN Store

Back