Vols vs SEC (Top 25 by sport comparison)

bigeasy

Daily Beacon Mockingbird
I put this together recently because I wanted to see how the Vols compared to other schools outside of Football/Basketball. I knew we had some good teams, but I honestly was a bit surprised about how well we are doing across the board. A few sports are missing as the ranking system seemed a bit convoluted. (Cross Country, Track and Field, Rowing) Only Bama and ourselves were ranked in all men's sports, and we average a lower ranking. Very interesting how bad women's basketball was this year across the SEC

-Red NR for "Not Ranked"
~Mizzou leads with 11/13 sports

-Highlighted green for whichever school has the lowest ranking in that sport
~GA has the most highest ranked team at 4
~Women's Tennis, Volleyball, and Soccer are the only sports that an SEC team isn't in the Top 5

1712335806186.png

CLEVELAND – Less than 30 points separate the top four institutions in the final LEARFIELD Directors' Cup fall standings for Division I with North Carolina leading the way with 372.50 total points.

North Carolina took home the women's field hockey title, and earned top-10 finishes in both men's and women's soccer, and men's cross country.

Rounding out the top-five is Stanford in second with 371.00 points, along with – Texas (third, 344.00 points), Notre Dame (fourth, 343.00 points) and Tennessee (292.50 points).

I put this together recently because I wanted to see how the Vols compared to other schools outside of Football/Basketball. I knew we had some good teams, but I honestly was a bit surprised about how well we are doing across the board. A few sports are missing as the ranking system seemed a bit convoluted. (Cross Country, Track and Field, Rowing) Only Bama and ourselves were ranked in all men's sports, and we average a lower ranking. Very interesting how bad women's basketball was this year across the SEC

-Red NR for "Not Ranked"
~Mizzou leads with 11/13 sports

-Highlighted green for whichever school has the lowest ranking in that sport
~GA has the most highest ranked team at 4
~Women's Tennis, Volleyball, and Soccer are the only sports that an SEC team isn't in the Top 5

View attachment 632072
Danny White doing work!
Lady Vols BB is only reason we were not alone at the top!

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back