Vols Rally for 10-8 Win Over Alabama

VN News

Tennessee rallied from a six-run deficit, exploding for four runs in both the third and eighth innings to record a 10-8 triumph in the series opener against Alabama on Friday night at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

I saw it streaming. Man what a game. These guys just don't give up. Great offense and defense tonight.
GO VOLS.

2 runs either way. And a win is a win. I'll take it

The saying lightning doesn't strike twice but twice yet back to back wild pitches allowed the Vols to score runs.

Clearly Alabama proved where they are 9-17 team with only one division win. Even a easy pop out was missed, and the Crimson Tide player fell down like he was pushed.

A moral victory for the Crimson Tide they lead the game for 7 innings, only to implode in the 8th.

Now 3-0 When we score 10 runs,.
It feels excellent to come back from 6 runs vs the Crimson Tide.
In all other division games when we got down by 3 or more runs we were unable to come back. I know this is against the Crimson Tide so not going to get carried away but still I think this has increased their confidence.

Go vols.... I hate bama in any sport for sure.

Im not a big baseball fan but I love to beat bama in anything even if its marbles ............lol does that show that im old.....:)

I hope we can mercy rule them today.

Does D I ball even have a mercy rule? I know DIII ball does.

I hope we can mercy rule them today.

Does D I ball even have a mercy rule? I know DIII ball does.

No I don't they think do not when the weather allows them to play with no problems.

Last year the Vols played a game where I think there was a rule if the rain is light, and one team stilll leads by 9 or more and no change after 6 or 7 innings the game ends. It was against one of the cupcake teams early in the season.

No I don't they think do not when the weather allows them to play with no problems.

Last year the Vols played a game where I think there was a rule if the rain is light, and one team stilll leads by 9 or more and no change after 6 or 7 innings the game ends. It was against one of the cupcake teams early in the season.

No run rule in SEC play until the tournament. In non-conference it is up to both coaches to decide whether they want to enforce a run rule. Very rarely do they.

No run rule in SEC play until the tournament. In non-conference it is up to both coaches to decide whether they want to enforce a run rule. Very rarely do they.

Some conferences have a run rule the first game of a DH but it is my understanding that is the only time its allowed by NCAA rules. I would like to know for sure if anyone knows but its my belief its not allowed on a single game. I know it has happened from time to time but that doesn't fall with the rules of D1 baseball if I am correct.

Edit: I was mistaken and 51 is correct. I ask a D1 coach and the run rule can be put into effect if both coaches agree in out of conference games. Conference rules govern the conference game.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:

VN Store

Back