Vols Practice Thread #12

I'm about tired of Knoxville News Sentinel coming out with all these stories and stuff that I can't read. It's getting very agitating, and then other places just repost with a redirect to Knoxville News Sentinel. Very frustrating lol.
Agreed, even Rocky Top Insider - who I used to love - has gone to having premium content and turned me slightly sour against them.

I'm about tired of Knoxville News Sentinel coming out with all these stories and stuff that I can't read. It's getting very agitating, and then other places just repost with a redirect to Knoxville News Sentinel. Very frustrating lol.

Hope you don't mind my having fun with your post.

Attachments

• VolsNews1.jpg
    VolsNews1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I wonder if Fair was ready for the job.

Valid question. Time will surely tell I think. I did find it odd/funny that CJP told fair that one practice too get his ass too work. He was a great player though so I have faith he can teach the position.

one thing for sure....after working along side CJP and coach Kelly for a couple of years he'll be ready for the next job. Raises a question mark as to why CJP bought him in in the 1st place. I think coach pruitt knew he was gonna be hands on with the CB's and wanted a promising understudy. IMO CB is one of the most difficult positions to play. The receiver should have the upperhand every play due to knowing the play called. I like Pruitt's style of playing the receiver tight, jamming at LOS,....etc. By seasons end I'd like to see A.Taylor and Thompson be the starters with 3 more years to go. I haven't heard a mention of Osbourne (#3) and Buchanan (#18) in 12 practice reports. I guess us fans are gonna have to wait and see because information on our DB's is almost non-existent.

one thing for sure....after working along side CJP and coach Kelly for a couple of years he'll be ready for the next job. Raises a question mark as to why CJP bought him in in the 1st place. I think coach pruitt knew he was gonna be hands on with the CB's and wanted a promising understudy. IMO CB is one of the most difficult positions to play. The receiver should have the upperhand every play due to knowing the play called. I like Pruitt's style of playing the receiver tight, jamming at LOS,....etc. By seasons end I'd like to see A.Taylor and Thompson be the starters with 3 more years to go. I haven't heard a mention of Osbourne (#3) and Buchanan (#18) in 12 practice reports. I guess us fans are gonna have to wait and see because information on our DB's is almost non-existent.

Fair was hired because of his TN connection. Pruitt chose DB as a position to hire a TN guy he wasn't familiar with because he knew he could supplement that group himself to get done exactly what he wants to get done. Jmo.

I think Buchanan, George jr, and Taylor will be our top CB’s. I believe Osborne was moved over to wide receiver if I’m not mistaken too so he won’t be in the mix. Thompson will push those top cb’s and he may crack the rotation but I don’t foresee him starting. Pruitt is gonna keep all the CB info to himself until at least game week though I believe.

For me, it’s great to hear the “Pride” in the distance, just as it used to be (should be).
I anticipate we will hear them a bit more inside Neyland this season as well.

Seriously?? If you go to the games to listen to the band then you should give your tickets to someone who wants to watch the game. The only people that take up for the band are band people. Everyone else pays no attention to them, I find halftime is a good time to read the program so I don’t have to watch the marching band.

The Jennings thing, I'm concerned too. I'm not there so don't know why he seems to be half-azzing compared to Callaway. If he really is half-azzing, he'll find both halves on the bench while some third stringer in put in the game. Pruitt doesn't half anything.
In the short video that was posted a couple of days ago he did not look healthy at all. I know it was just one route but he looked like he could not bend his knee(s), appeared to be very tentative to reach for a ball. Did not look good.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
I might get flamed for this, but I hope like hell they take it easy with playing Rocky Top and save it just for touchdowns. Now don’t get me wrong, playing it 20 times from scoring 20 touchdowns would be great, but I’m just saying.
Not gonna flame but I believe the playing of Rocky Top gets under the skin of our opponents. With that being said, I hope they play it constantly.

Maybe he is showing better leadership and getting better at the mental aspects. What is so weird about that ? Doesn't fit your narrative?
Intangibles is something you say when you don't have anything good to say..

The Jennings thing, I'm concerned too. I'm not there so don't know why he seems to be half-azzing compared to Callaway. If he really is half-azzing, he'll find both halves on the bench while some third stringer in put in the game. Pruitt doesn't half anything.

I don't think anyone should say or even suggest that he is giving half effort (and I realize you emphasized "seems."). The dude has been hurt, it's been noticed MANY times that he's been hobbling and not 100%. Don't think it's even fair to suggest that a guy who has gotten a second chance and worked his way back on the time and has had surgery and practiced through obvious discomfort is giving half effort. I think he just wanted to take it easy. If Calloway felt like trying to jog some route, and that's where he was, cool. But don't knock Jennings. He knows his body better than you do, and if the coaches are cool with him taking a day, then fine. I am CONCERNED because of his injury not seeming to get better. I am not concerned about an apparent lack of effort. I think JJ is one of the best competitors we have. I'm just worried that his health won't be 100%. I know his effort will be. This is his last go-around, and if he wants paid, he's gotta show up. But not if his health won't let him. Again, Woodsman, not knocking on you, know you're just giving your opinion, but I don't wanna see people take a legit injury and start questioning his effort. That's unfair to the player.

I might get flamed for this, but I hope like hell they take it easy with playing Rocky Top and save it just for touchdowns. Now don’t get me wrong, playing it 20 times from scoring 20 touchdowns would be great, but I’m just saying.
I say annoy the hell out of opposing teams with rocky top!

I don't think anyone should say or even suggest that he is giving half effort (and I realize you emphasized "seems."). The dude has been hurt, it's been noticed MANY times that he's been hobbling and not 100%. Don't think it's even fair to suggest that a guy who has gotten a second chance and worked his way back on the time and has had surgery and practiced through obvious discomfort is giving half effort. I think he just wanted to take it easy. If Calloway felt like trying to jog some route, and that's where he was, cool. But don't knock Jennings. He knows his body better than you do, and if the coaches are cool with him taking a day, then fine. I am CONCERNED because of his injury not seeming to get better. I am not concerned about an apparent lack of effort. I think JJ is one of the best competitors we have. I'm just worried that his health won't be 100%. I know his effort will be. This is his last go-around, and if he wants paid, he's gotta show up. But not if his health won't let him. Again, Woodsman, not knocking on you, know you're just giving your opinion, but I don't wanna see people take a legit injury and start questioning his effort. That's unfair to the player.

Thanks for the classy post, TNHop. And noting it was just an opinion. I did open with "I'm not there so don't know why he seems to be half-azzing compared to Callaway ...." I'm hoping me get to see the ol him playing. Cause if we do, we're going to be seeing "Rampage" stylem play and highlight after highlight. I even dare to say that WV better hope he's not healthy and fully ready. Cause I think that lost to Vandy thing still rankles him and he hasn't had a chance to burn it off on the field yet.

Reactions: TNHopeful505
Seriously?? If you go to the games to listen to the band then you should give your tickets to someone who wants to watch the game. The only people that take up for the band are band people. Everyone else pays no attention to them, I find halftime is a good time to read the program so I don’t have to watch the marching band.

Really? You actually SAID that?
While the Pride is not my main reason for going to the game, (last year they became the only reason,) they are still a big part of the excitement and atmosphere. And they all volunteer to be Volunteers, to work their butts off to contribute. Plus, they're one of the few, if not only, "extra" curricular activities that get to pay for the privilege.
Shame on you.

Reactions: FĂŻreBall

VN Store

Back