Vols pick up new quarterback commit [and a '19 ATH]

Yep! I don't know the exact figure, but some crazy percentage of the last several National Championship winners have had the best recruiting class at some point? Or at least Top 3? Regardless...we're not even sniffing that at this point.

Slow your roll. Nobody is talking National Championship​. We need SEC East champions first. Mizzou proved you can do it with 0 stars.

I just read that Penix was born in Tennessee. Pretty cool. I had no idea.

Played college ball with Penix Jr's dad. If he's half of the competitor that his dad is, UT got a winner! Exited to see him in orange.

Very cool. Where did his dad play and what position?

Penix's dad played running back at Tennessee Tech. He was an all-OVC running back in 96 I believe. Really good athlete.

Yep! I don't know the exact figure, but some crazy percentage of the last several National Championship winners have had the best recruiting class at some point? Or at least Top 3? Regardless...we're not even sniffing that at this point.

Can't be true. Only one team has had the top recruiting class the last 7 years.

The star system is a good measuring stick, just not a science. The 17 class took a dip and is not were we wanted to be. Part of the reason the coming season is everything. Have a good 17 season, get back to top ten classes and we'll be ok. Taking a dip in recruiting one season is not a huge thing unless it's repeated.

Reactions: 1 person
Can't be true. Only one team has had the top recruiting class the last 7 years.

If you look at every team that has won the natty over the last 10 years, I'm pretty sure they've all had at least one top 3 class, with the possible exception of Auburn with a once in a generation athlete in Cam Newton.

The star system is a good measuring stick, just not a science. The 17 class took a dip and is not were we wanted to be. Part of the reason the coming season is everything. Have a good 17 season, get back to top ten classes and we'll be ok. Taking a dip in recruiting one season is not a huge thing unless it's repeated.

More important than you want to admit

There is a reason that Bama i always on top and its just not coaching. Its their top signing classes

Butch IS NOT a good enough coach to recruit classes packed with 3 star players

Common sense would tell you that if he can't win the east with a Class ranked #2, he isn't going to do it with classes ranked 6th in the SEC and 15th in the nation

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back