Vols land Drew Pember

Why is Kent still on the roster? Am I missing something with him or is he really just a waste?

In basketball you never play 13 guys, so I don’t really sweat who 12/13 are on the roster, best case scenario is you get guys willing to stick it out and develop and be contributions their junior/senior years. Kent is a redshirt freshman, he’s got a ways to go but Alexander was a guy his freshman year many asked why he was on the roster.

So Pember is a soft 5.

Center size but 2 guards offensive game.

Can protect the rim a little.

He's got to be a redshirt candidate.

So Pember is a soft 5.

Center size but 2 guards offensive game.

Can protect the rim a little.

He's got to be a redshirt candidate.

He’s not a 5, and yea he’s very likely to redshirt, that’s the benefit of what this program has become. Being able to redshirt a Top 100 guy in Burns this year and Top 150 guy in Pember next year.

He’s not a 5, and yea he’s very likely to redshirt, that’s the benefit of what this program has become. Being able to redshirt a Top 100 guy in Burns this year and Top 150 guy in Pember next year.
Not to mention that these recruits haven’t even played their senior season. Rankings could change significantly.

Looks good to me. I defer to CRB on who to offer scollys. Where does he call home?

Burns? Pember?

Bro Ill put my basketball knowledge up against anyone here.

Pember has center height and a guards offensive game and any of those other guys mentioned are the same.

Their skill set make the able to play outside.

Their size gives them the natural ability to play down low.

The logic is he's 6'9" and considered a rim protector so that defensively means he's a post but his offensive game is more of a shooting wing.

Its not complicated. Its just that we have a particular group here who feels like they are superior to others and feel like they're obligated to respond to everything.

Im not talking to you BTO when I post.

Im talking to everyone.

The main reason I started posting here was because I had strong feelings that were different than I was reading.

That's not gonna stop now that Im posting.

As far as my basketball pedigree goes we're on a message board where anyone can lie and claim anything they want so I wont get into mine but Im 100% certain mine matches or passes anyone here.

I know the game and wont be convinced otherwise.

If you want to debate me that's fine but I wont be bullied into changing my mind.

So if you want to call Pember a wing because of his offensive game that's fine. Ill call him a post because of his size and defensive game.

Neither of us will be wrong.

The logic is he's 6'9" and considered a rim protector so that defensively means he's a post but his offensive game is more of a shooting wing.

Its not complicated. Its just that we have a particular group here who feels like they are superior to others and feel like they're obligated to respond to everything.

Im not talking to you BTO when I post.

Im talking to everyone.

The main reason I started posting here was because I had strong feelings that were different than I was reading.

That's not gonna stop now that Im posting.

As far as my basketball pedigree goes we're on a message board where anyone can lie and claim anything they want so I wont get into mine but Im 100% certain mine matches or passes anyone here.

I know the game and wont be convinced otherwise.

If you want to debate me that's fine but I wont be bullied into changing my mind.

I don’t think anyone is bullying you, and you say mention a particular group yet nobody has agreed with your stance, so just maybe you’re wrong? Or maybe at the very least how you are wording it is confusing?

Just because you block shots doesn’t make you a 5, Yves Pons is one of the best rim protectors we have, but he’s no 5 on either end of the court.

So if you want to call Pember a wing because of his offensive game that's fine. Ill call him a post because of his size and defensive game.

Neither of us will be wrong.

If he’s on the floor and defending the oppositions 3 or 4 man and defending both the perimeter and post depending on said players skill set does that mean he’s no longer a post?

Reactions: Strongbad
This is what it looks like when someone gets caught saying something that makes no sense, but doubles down/digs in anyway because to admit being wrong -- despite the safety of internet anonymity -- is just too much to ask.

VN Store

Back