Vols hire Chaney per Multiple Sources

Appears that its being rumored that he put the feelers out himself unhappy with the input from Coley the co/oc. So for all the UGA fans saying " we didn't try to retain him". Seems like he was leaving either way with the right opening happening.

I believe the east will be pretty dang good next year. With the transfers Mizzou will be a tough out. And I believe Florida will be better too. We missed our chance to make a power move in the east in 2015 and 2016. We should have won the division those two years. But that’s in the past and looking forward he future with CJP.

Mizzou nor Florida have a quarterback. With Chaney, we leapfrog both.

Book it....check my stats.

Reactions: Remy
Appears that its being rumored that he put the feelers out himself unhappy with the input from Coley the co/oc. So for all the UGA fans saying " we didn't try to retain him". Seems like he was leaving either way with the right opening happening.
Also hear he legitimately loves Knoxville. Apparently one of his best friends owns a steakhouse chain and is a big donor for UT.

Yes, But, I have to agree with BOT. Peerless Price made Tee look like an All SEC QB the entire year, especially the NC game. =) The run game and the D were the primary tools for the NC.

Funny since Tee was an ALL SEC QB the year after Price (my favorite WR ever) graduated.

Mizzou nor Florida have a quarterback. With Chaney, we leapfrog both.

Book it....check my stats.
I’ll take it! I hope you’re right. Trust me I’ll be happier than you if you are. I think we can make some noise I just think the east is on the rise.

yes, I believe we will get an OC this week. :)

Sorry my friend. I've been in South Florida since Saturday and have spent very little time on the boards. Playing a lot of golf. Return to Tennessee on Saturday.

Look for Tee to join staff fairly soon. Not sure we get things worked out on Pittman but certain Jim will try.

From LWSVOL in the recruiting forum.

Funny since Tee was an ALL SEC QB the year after Price (my favorite WR ever) graduated.

And for those who don't remember, Tee separated his non throwing shoulder vs Florida in 1999 and struggled the next two games. When he healed up, he went on a tear and won SEC Offensive POW against ranked UGA, eventual SEC Champ Alabama in Tuscaloosa, and Notre Dame.

Kirby Smart must be miserable to work for. Players are leaving, coaches are leaving.

Georgia is a sinking ship and Tennessee just poked a huge hole in the engine room.

I’m not sure how easy Pruit is to work for. But Chaney has been around and should be able to hold his own

well, I'll believe it when I see something official from the administration...:D

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

Reactions: hmhawk
Richt never won a game that got him to a championship and Kirby has. I’d also say 2017 would definitely be an overachieving year, but you’re entitled to your opinion. I’ll agree that richt was a big underachiever at UGA, but that happened after the first 3 years ppl like to compare to smart. I do think the UGA fans saying they’re happy Cheney is gone is a bit of sour grapes. It’s always better to get a proven name than hope to hit on a high risk high reward unknown. While Coley is a better recruiter than Cheney I also think Cheney is a better OC.
I think Pittman is your recruiter. Chaney and Coley is a push

I think Pittman is your recruiter. Chaney and Coley is a push
Coley is actually a decent recruiter. His ties to Florida got us Riley Ridley, James cook, and others. He’s known for his recruiting, not so much for play calling though. You are right that Pittman and McGee are probably better recruiters.

I really like this hire!!!
Hoewever, be prepared for an offense that looks a lot like Helton’s until Pruitt is able to develop defensive depth. You can’t keep the same defense on the the field for 80 plays. CJP will develop the depth, but it will take some time. In the meantime expect clock eating ground game. Oh, and Chaney will have to develop the new offensive line.
Be patient. We have the right chiefs in place!

Surprised we haven't heard anything about a official announcement or press conference. Surely to goodness they will at least release a statement today. GBO!

VN Store

Back