Vols Finish 5th Habitat for Humanity Home

If your a NFL scout it has to be awesome to come across a guy like Curt Maggitt.

I worked my ass off building a house for Habitat for Humanity one time. It felt great, thinking I was helping build a home for a family that needed it.

Then the family pulled up.

Dad drove a brand new Lincoln Navigator on 20 somethings... Mom drove an almost new Impala on 20 somethings... And the son drove an old Impala on 20 somethings with a custom paint job.

Sucked seeing over $150k in 3 cars pull up knowing there was a family that actually needed it and not the one abusing the system. Happens more than people know or care to notice.

Sorry to be the Debbie Downer.

I worked my ass off building a house for Habitat for Humanity one time. It felt great, thinking I was helping build a home for a family that needed it.

Dad drove a brand new Lincoln Navigator on 20 somethings... Mom drove an almost new Impala on 20 somethings... And the son drove an old Impala on 20 somethings with a custom paint job.

Sucked seeing over $150k in 3 cars pull up knowing there was a family that actually needed it and not the one abusing the system. Happens more than people know or care to notice.

I helped build a Habitat House once as well. The lady who was receiving the house worked her ass off the entire time I was there. And she personally thanked everyone who showed up to help. You could see the gratitude on her face the whole time. There are people who abuse every system. But there are people who need a little help getting back in the positive and who are very appreciative for that help.

The guys working on this house did a great thing. :yes:

Reactions: 2 people

Doze were Obama cars... lighten up man.

VN Store

Back