Vols #9 in Coaches' Poll

Remarkable. The pollsters are going to give Tennessee one more week to either show what it can do, or show the rug should be yanked out from under it.

On a brighter note, it seems they have some genuine respect for Josh Heupel's ability, for them to let Tennessee slide through without a drop. Between that #9 ranking, and the line on Tennessee's game showing heavy betting in favor of the Vols, well, looks like everyone in America is in the same boat. "Hey, we're not off the train, but you're going to need to show us something down in the Swamp."

You folks are putting way to much importance on this AP game. That game meant absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things unless we somehow lost it…which we didn’t.

99+% of the country saw that 30-13 score, yawned and then asked for the Texas-Alabama score.

I think this means that coaches understand why we played like we did yesterday better than we do.

I'm still not sure what the heck Coach Heupel wanted with his gameplan other than a W without much risk of wear and tear on the team.

Truth is, a lot of teams in the top ten have had games where they didn't look that great against inferior opponents.
And alot of teams in the top 20 who could potentially jump us look less than stellar. @uthades or whatever told me I was wrong, but I guess I was right.

AP poll looks more like I expected. Coaches poll look quite lazy and like theres a lot of busy coaches with better things to think about lol not a lot of thought in there.

The truth is none of us know what yesterday really means long term…we’ll find out soon enough…was it a sign of things to come or a fluke that was mostly due to looking ahead to UF? We’ll see

Reactions: BigOrangeFanatic
Truth is, a lot of teams in the top ten have had games where they didn't look that great against inferior opponents.
Not to mention, our QB position didn't look so great the first few games in 98, and look what happened. The sky hasn't fallen yet.

Reactions: Godfatha
The truth is none of us know what yesterday really means long term…we’ll find out soon enough…was it a sign of things to come or a fluke that was mostly due to looking ahead to UF? We’ll see
Exactly what I said. You can't watch the game last night and just blow it off. But they'll get the opportunity to put it all behind them starting this Saturday. Proof will be in the pudding Ssturday night on where this team is headed.

VN Store

Back