VolNation Networking Thread

Just left a big 4 accounting firm for a startup in Professional Services. Our scope of services include SOX control work, accounting software implementations/optimization, finance transformation, robotics process automation.

Robotics process automation? What does that have to do with accounting?

What is SOX control work? Explain finance transformation?

We were recently acquired by a private equity group and I am already quite tired of the insanely high interest rates. Any chance you could transform those interest rates into something more reasonable down the road?

Sarbanes-Oxley. Government sponsored stimulus for the accounting profession. Headache generator for businesses. Resulted in skyrocketing adult diaper sales to CEOs and CFOs.

Reactions: 1 person
How many containers annually ? If you don't mind my asking. I know this is a new venture. What steamship line are they using typically?

I don’t have that info. I’m not really in the picture once the customer buys from the manufacturer unless there is a problem.

Automating accounting functions. Algorithms driving data mining, real time auditing with 100% sample sizes, finding trends or efficiencies in transactions. No actual robots involved. The automated auditing has the auditors nervous.

What is SOX control work? Explain finance transformation?

We were recently acquired by a private equity group and I am already quite tired of the insanely high interest rates. Any chance you could transform those interest rates into something more reasonable down the road?

SOX is basically auditing for financial statement purposes. Takes into account revenue streams, key applications that support inventory, sales, and procurement. Also includes testing around IT applications (i.e. IT Audit) to determine whether users with access to key functionalities are appropriate, and key changes to applications are appropriate.

Finance transformation can include the accounting software implementation, robotics process automation, running data analytics to improve key processes, optimizing/automating key accounting processes.

Unfortunately cannot help the interest rates!

As DancingOutlaw said above, more around automating key processes. RPA software can utilize data in existing applications to help automate a process. (i.e. processing a transaction, manipulating data, triggering responses and communicating with other digital systems)

I’m a personal injury attorney in Southern California and also licensed in Tennessee. I chase ambulances for a living.

If I ever need legal counsel, you will be my choice.

You are a stand up guy.

I Work for YJBM. If you need a job in Eastren Tennessee I can help you get a position within. Good pay & benifits.

I work for an architecture firm. We work mostly out of Atlanta, but work all over the SE. We also have Landscape Architects and Planners in our firm as well.

Architecturally we do a lot of light commercial, and multifamily, with some custom homes and renovations.

LAs work with anyone from large government jobs to single family and most things in between.

the planners work with cities on their codes, developers in come up with master plans as well as code/ordinance navigating.

I'm in commercial insurance and focus on companies with 10-200 employees. Metal working,(tool and die shops, machine shops, precision components), commercial printers, various contractors (HVAC, plumbing, electrical,etc.), distributors, dealerships....these are my areas of expertise

Profitability analyst in the process of moving to medicine.

I run a logistics center for a large online wine retailer. Or a less fancy way of putting it, I manage warehouse operations.

Lots of old timber framed barns had american chestnut structural members. Keep an eye out for quality wood. We once found a tack room made from a beautiful tounge and groove beaded knotty pine that dressed up for a great room/sun room addition.

Be careful bringing those down. An experienced and well respected builder I knew had one fall on him.

Always careful. I have had a beam fall across my back but nothing serious.

VN Store

Back