Volinbham Talks Marketing and Bud Light

So will bots be covered under the umbrella of AI and become legitimate

IDK what you're asking, but it's definitely not AI. Bots are not intelligent. In my case, they just scrape data. I think in Twitter's case, they're just interacting following commands from a coder.

Hell, technically chatgpt isn't even AI. It's just a language model that predicts the next word it's supposed to say. It's not actually sentient.

You do realize that he tried to negotiate a lower bid once he realized that they had a bunch of fake users/bots that inflated their usage, but was forced to buy at the original bid price?

You do know that, right?

Nice try. The valuation for tech companies dropped like 30% from his offer and he had buyer's remorse. The bots excuse was just a failed attempt to get out of the deal. He couldn't get out of the deal so he got stuck wildly overpaying...

Bud Light teams up with NFL legends Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith in desperate bid to boost sales after Dylan Mulvaney marketing disaster sparked widespread boycott​

• The Pro Football Hall of Famers star in a new Bud Light commercial released ahead of the Super Bowl
Bud Light has teamed up with NFL legends Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith in a bid to boost sales following its PR disaster with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney which saw customers boycott the brand.

The Pro Football Hall of Famers star in a new commercial released ahead of the Super Bowl which kicks off in two months time at Las Vegas' Allegiant Stadium.

The brand remained the official NFL sponsor despite sales plummeting 30 percent amid controversy over its decision to partner with Mulvaney for a campaign.

1701577231036.png
NFL legends Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith appear in the latest Bud Light commercial as the brand tries to distance itself from the backlash over its partnership with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney

Bud Light teams up with NFL legends Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith in desperate bid to boost sales after Dylan Mulvaney marketing disaster sparked widespread boycott​

• The Pro Football Hall of Famers star in a new Bud Light commercial released ahead of the Super Bowl
Bud Light has teamed up with NFL legends Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith in a bid to boost sales following its PR disaster with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney which saw customers boycott the brand.

The Pro Football Hall of Famers star in a new commercial released ahead of the Super Bowl which kicks off in two months time at Las Vegas' Allegiant Stadium.

The brand remained the official NFL sponsor despite sales plummeting 30 percent amid controversy over its decision to partner with Mulvaney for a campaign.

View attachment 599485
NFL legends Peyton Manning and Emmitt Smith appear in the latest Bud Light commercial as the brand tries to distance itself from the backlash over its partnership with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney

So are we boycotting Peyton?

I for one will not go see any of his games going forward.
My brothers good friend is the owner of the distribution company that does AB beers in Athens. Company is privately owned. The company has box seats at Sanfod stadium in Athens. Seats 30. Bc of the Bud Light issue he told his team to put together a list of where they could cost save. Number one was the box. He saw that and ended the meeting.

Last edited:

View attachment 599485

LOL @ "desperate"

Anyone seen it? Makes the cancel of it look even sillier. Oh well, has to be tough on the snowflakes 😉
What exactly are you celebrating?

Bud Light lost its #1 ranking
AB lost $400M in sales
AB lost $25B in market value
Executives were fired
Employees were laid off
Distributors suffered

Bud Light & AB will be forever linked to this and serve as a cautionary tale of what not to do.

Is this a “win” for Bud Light & AB?

Isn't that what a boycott is?
Maybe, but I think there is subtle difference. A boycott allows the possibility of a return. Switching to another product/brand has an air of finality about it.

Kid Rock was boycotting. Average Joe who now picks up a different sixpack on the way home without thinking about it is done with the brand.

Maybe, but I think there is subtle difference. A boycott allows the possibility of a return. Switching to another product/brand has an air of finality about it.

Kid Rock was boycotting. Average Joe who now picks up a different sixpack on the way home without thinking about it is done with the brand.

The motive is what determines if it's a boycott. If you switched brands or abstain because you are making a statement, then it's a boycott

The motive is what determines if it's a boycott. If you switched brands or abstain because you are making a statement, then it's a boycott
Agree that motive is key. But you seem to be missing my point. Average Joe may no longer driven by the original motive. Brand substition has become final and there is no more motive to "avoid" BL.

The length of time and consistency of the loss of market share leads me to think much of this is a permanent substitution and there is little AB can do to win back the lost market share.

Not going to try and explain it anymore. If you still do not get what I am saying, I regret being unable to better convey the point. Perhaps someone else can do a better job of it.

Agree that motive is key. But you seem to be missing my point. Average Joe may no longer driven by the original motive. Brand substition has become final and there is no more motive to "avoid" BL.

The length of time and consistency of the loss of market share leads me to think much of this is a permanent substitution and there is little AB can do to win back the lost market share.

Not going to try and explain it anymore. If you still do not get what I am saying, I regret being unable to better convey the point. Perhaps someone else can do a better job of it.

It’s very easy to understand the point you are making.

VN Store

Back