Vol Pride

CNeagleVolFan

Guys I’m 23 years old. I have been a Tennessee fan my entire life, but I don’t remember any good memories other than making the SEC championship with Ainge. My best memories have been of a 10-4 season where we beat Wisconsin in the outback bowl. I hear and see about 1998 and Peyton Manning years, but I haven’t been through great times like that. I still have that Vol pride though, and I am tired of this seemingly endless cycle of hiring a and firings and maybe a few decent years. I want to taste success as a Vol fan, and I know that’s how we as a fan base feel. I just want to get a good coach that we deserve like a Gruden or a Mullen. We are a top 10 program in terms of all time wins, and we deserve so much better than this frustration year after year after year. Here’s to hoping for better days ahead fellow Vol fans, because we deserve it. Just wanted to vent a little bit, because this has been the most frustrating year I’ve had as a fan.

Reactions: 9 people
I'm optimistic that the right coach can come in here next season and win 9 or 10 games. Anybody that knows how to use the talent he has and make the players better can win at Tennessee. No reason with all the top ten recruiting classes we've had that were where we are today. It virtually means Jones system is and on the field coaching sucks.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel your pain...Being a die hard bleed orange fan for 47 years I truly understand..
What has been happening at TN leaves a very bad taste in your mouth that you can not get rid of...Seeing other schools and rivals move up the ladder while we are trying to find the first step is embarrassing..VOLS have to much tradition for this to continue..We all want to be great again...

SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBO

OP...yep, there were better times than now...just gotta do what the rest of us have been doing through all the good times and bad times...be a good Vol fan and never give up...no matter what administrative idiots are in control "for the time being"...this too shall pass...:)

GO VOLS!

Our problem will be once again getting a big time coach. There could be several openings at the end of the season that are not necessarily a better gig but not a dumpster fire. We have the talent so maybe that will help bring in someone. The longer Lyle stays around though, well you know!

I feel your pain OP. My first UT game 1964 & have seen HIGHEST & lowest. Hope you & other VOL fans get to witness greatness once again. Right now is a watershed moment for sure. GO VOLS! :hi:

From time to time I do question whether we should have let the Big Fisherman go. As bad as the SECE has been, we would have played in at least 3, maybe 5, of the last 10 SECCGs if we still had CPF.

Guys I’m 23 years old. I have been a Tennessee fan my entire life, but I don’t remember any good memories other than making the SEC championship with Ainge. My best memories have been of a 10-4 season where we beat Wisconsin in the outback bowl. I hear and see about 1998 and Peyton Manning years, but I haven’t been through great times like that. I still have that Vol pride though, and I am tired of this seemingly endless cycle of hiring a and firings and maybe a few decent years. I want to taste success as a Vol fan, and I know that’s how we as a fan base feel. I just want to get a good coach that we deserve like a Gruden or a Mullen. We are a top 10 program in terms of all time wins, and we deserve so much better than this frustration year after year after year. Here’s to hoping for better days ahead fellow Vol fans, because we deserve it. Just wanted to vent a little bit, because this has been the most frustrating year I’ve had as a fan.

This is why this hire will be the most important hire in the last 30 years of TN sports. Today's generation doesn't know anything other than TN being essentially, irrelevant. That's why you see UT students wearing Alabama shirts on campus. We must become relevant or we will lose the entire next generation of fans.

I contend it's your's and your generation's fault. We were good until y'all started rooting for the Vols. We used to go to the stadium every week expecting to win and coming home satisfied. But, as soon as you and your peers got old enough to root for the Vols, the program went into the toilet.

Y'all need to find a new team to ruin. You've done enough to our's!!!:rock:

Reactions: 3 people
From time to time I do question whether we should have let the Big Fisherman go. As bad as the SECE has been, we would have played in at least 3, maybe 5, of the last 10 SECCGs if we still had CPF.

I've put this on here a few times, but Imma doit again. No disrespect intended to CPF, but he was fortunate enough to be coach at a time when most teams in the SEC were doing what Tennessee is doing now. A lot on transition of coaches. Look at his record against Spurrier, Meyer, Richt, Miles, and Saban, as well as top coaches in bowl games. Not good. So no, he would not have had us competing for SEC championships. Check out wikipedia for the stats.

I'm 50 and have followed the Vols as long as I can remember...... I was in college before they made a statement on the national level with the beatdown they applied to Miami after the '85 season.....have patience..... eventually the Vols will come back around.....

Well stated and Amen!

I know several vol fans and no one has ANY faith in Butch.

NO HOPE with Butch still as coach.........

I am 46 years old and have seen some good times but certainly feel your pain. My daughter once asked me “Dad was Tennessee ever really good?”

Now I live in a perpetual state of nostalgia as I remember listening to John Ward call games when I was a child. It will be “Football Time in Tennessee” once again because it is pure and true. Don’t lose heart because being a UT fan means something.

For the next generation of Volunteers (including my daughters) keep the faith and block out all of the noise. As someone once said “Tennessee football is the most important unimportant thing in the world.”

GBO

VN Store

Back