Vikings & Josh Dobbs

Dobbs has always had the smarts, athleticism, and "dog" to be a star. All he lacked was passing accuracy. Maybe he has broken the code on that now. He seems to be a good fit in Minnesota..... wishing him all success.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Dobbs has always had the smarts, athleticism, and "dog" to be a star. All he lacked was passing accuracy. Maybe he has broken the code on that now. He seems to be a good fit in Minnesota..... wishing him all success.

He still has 1 out of 50 throws where you're wondering wtf happened. He'll miss a slant high by 3 yards, and the safety gets an easy pick. I think this is why it took him so long to get his shot, but when you consider that other guys are throwing (probably) more picks simply because they misread the D, do you actually care that he makes this horribly inaccurate throw a little too frequently?

Especially when you consider his play-making ability. He's not just a game manager making this mistake. He can pull a rabbit out of a hat to get you a first down.

His biggest plays are still with his feet. I think the league will adjust soon but I hope he continues his good play

There are some adjustments to make, but these plays he has been making with his feet are against spies and rushing D lineman who are keeping lane integrity. He's just breaking arm tackles and making guys miss. What else can the D do to stop his runs? Double spy? Then the passing gets even easier. They had 6 guys watching Dobbs on this play.

His biggest plays are still with his feet. I think the league will adjust soon but I hope he continues his good play
When they get healthy, idk how they can afford to put a spy on him with JJ, TJ, KJ, Addison.

Josh has landed in a very good situation. That offense had Cousins averaging 291ypg (which would be tied for #1 now) and 18 TD's which is still tied for #2 and at 69.5% completion. Even just coming close to that with the added rushing ability and Josh has a real shot at having success.

JMO,,but iam looking at a13-4 or 12-5 season
For the Lions. It is a must to beat Minnesota
At least once. Dallas is going to give us a fit
and possibly one more loss in case of an upset.

He defintely has looked good, and considering he's been a backup journeyman it's incredibly impressive. Then again I thought he did enough to win the #2 at least with the Titans last year.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
There are some adjustments to make, but these plays he has been making with his feet are against spies and rushing D lineman who are keeping lane integrity. He's just breaking arm tackles and making guys miss. What else can the D do to stop his runs? Double spy? Then the passing gets even easier. They had 6 guys watching Dobbs on this play.

This is obviously hindsight 20/20 and easy for me to say watching but the only thing I can point out on that run is Taylor misplayed that. He hesitated going after him, and then took a bad angle. But again, easy for me to say watching it after the fact and not in real time.

This is obviously hindsight 20/20 and easy for me to say watching but the only thing I can point out on that run is Taylor misplayed that. He hesitated going after him, and then took a bad angle. But again, easy for me to say watching it after the fact and not in real time.

I agree it was poorly played by him but also long-striding runners like Vince Young, Adrian Peterson, and Josh Dobbs are deceiving. They don't look like they are running fast and guys tend to take bad angles against them.

Reactions: Plecoptera
I agree it was poorly played by him but also long-striding runners like Vince Young, Adrian Peterson, and Josh Dobbs are deceiving. They don't look like they are running fast and guys tend to take bad angles against them.

True, Dobbs doesn't look that fast but next thing you know he's 40 yards down field.

VN Store

Back