Vermont Transgender Governor Candidate Wins Party Primary

business2-1-1653ee4652e0accf.jpg

DVNP.gif

Reactions: Rishvol and AirVol
It seems to me dude to woman is a lot more common than woman to dude. Is that the case?

I don't know what to say about this so I'll just leave it for others to comment.

Christine Hallquist: An inclusive candidate and a 'policy wonk'
The 62-year-old candidate has drawn national attention because she is the first transgender person in the nation to win a major-party nomination for governor. On the campaign trail, she is just as willing to share her personal story as she is to recount stories from her days as a utility CEO or to rattle off the history of property taxes or the annual cost of incarcerating an inmate.

If we are going to be forced to play this game, I think we need to come up with new pronouns. This is deceptive.

Reactions: SLICKYINC
One of her campaign points:

Hallquist, a former electric company executive at Vermont Electric Co-op, has said that she is running for governor based on her managerial ability and with a progressive campaign that focuses on economic development for rural Vermont.

In her interview, Hallquist said she "has a long vision for Vermont" and wants to make internet access available to everyone.

"I will connect everyone and every business with fiber optic cables so every Vermonter can be connected to the internet," Hallquist said. "What we're seeing in rural Vermont and rural America is the same thing that happened in the 1930s ... when the cities had electricity, rural America did not. Sixty percent of the land mass in Vermont can't connect to the Internet -- and it's so critical for business."

"...it's so critical for business."

You know what else is critical for business? Keeping the government the **** out of it.
Looks like both Republican and Democratic administrations have promised broadband over the last 10 years and haven't been able to entice enough private investment. Here's her plan:

Her plan is simple in its basics: Instead of relying on telecoms to bring service to addresses they've never reached, she wants electric utilities to be responsible for a statewide fiber network. Hallquist says her 12 years' experience as CEO of the Vermont Electric Coop gave her the expertise needed to lead state government through the legal and regulatory changes required to accomplish the task.

I doubt it works but good luck I guess.

VN Store

Back