Vaping

I live next to a vape shop. Do y'all get together and collectively decide to throw your garbage all over my driveway and yard or nah?

Reactions: 1 person
So which "studies" do we accept as truth? The ones done by big tobacco or the ones done by other funded organizations? Obviously if it's not air your breathing there's bound to be some side effects.

So which "studies" do we accept as truth? The ones done by big tobacco or the ones done by other funded organizations? Obviously if it's not air your breathing there's bound to be some side effects.

All I know is vaping triggers my asthma worse than smoking cigarettes. I'm dumb I know. Quit cigarettes in 2002. Just tried vaping to see flavor and what all the hubub was about. Can't be healthy. At all. My personal opinion, if you are turning an oil into vapor, then inhaling it into your lungs, there's gotta be long term consequences. I know it's all natural, but so is ricin.

Edit: I think it is a good way to quit smoking if one is unable to quit cold turkey, but I do think the person needs to quit the habit of vaping after the cigarette habit is broke.

Last edited:
All I know is vaping triggers my asthma worse than smoking cigarettes. I'm dumb I know. Quit cigarettes in 2002. Just tried vaping to see flavor and what all the hubub was about. Can't be healthy. At all. My personal opinion, if you are turning an oil into vapor, then inhaling it into your lungs, there's gotta be long term consequences. I know it's all natural, but so is ricin.

Edit: I think it is a good way to quit smoking if one is unable to quit cold turkey, but I do think the person needs to quit the habit of vaping after the cigarette habit is broke.

Not a smoker but I dip. And lemme tell ya it is tough to quit

the FDA, at the request of big tobacco no doubt, is trying to get its fingers into regulating the vapor industry. If that happens look foR ejuices to go from about 3 mostly harmless ingrediants to 30 'god knows whats in this' ingrediants

Reactions: Slydell
Stick to cigarettes, people

Is this blue font? All the illnesses are from black market THC cartridges. Some bozos are using vitamin E acetate as a thickening agent in their liquids. Regular nicotine liquids use vegetable glycerin for the exact same purpose, and there haven't been any reported illnesses linked to them that I'm aware of.

I'm definitely not saying vapes are safe, but I'm pretty confident that they are significantly less harmful than cigarettes, and there is data to back up that claim.

Meh, I'm just not buying in to the idea that suddenly, we now have a medical crisis on our hands from all of these vape smokers. Sounds too fishy.

Tennessee reports 58 lung injury cases associated with vaping, e-cigarettes

But then again, what do the numbers mean? Assuming the 58 number is correct, that would be 58 people out of how many people that vape in the state? Lets assume that there are only 10,000 vapers in Tennessee. 58 out of 10000 is barely half a percent risk.

I'm fairly certain there are more than 10000 vapers in the state.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Meh, I'm just not buying in to the idea that suddenly, we now have a medical crisis on our hands from all of these vape smokers. Sounds too fishy.

Tennessee reports 58 lung injury cases associated with vaping, e-cigarettes

But then again, what do the numbers mean? Assuming the 58 number is correct, that would be 58 people out of how many people that vape in the state? Lets assume that there are only 10,000 vapers in Tennessee. 58 out of 10000 is barely half a percent risk.

I'm fairly certain there are more than 10000 vapers in the state.
There absolutely are. I would wager there are more than 10k high school kids alone that vape. That is a real issue. It's the cool thing to do now. My niece told me she's pretty confident over half the student body at her school is addicted to nicotine. It's not good.

Juul will discontinue its mint flavor which by statistics is the one most used by kids.

Juul will discontinue its mint flavor which by statistics is the one most used by kids.

I find the whole mind set of “ban it because lots of kids are doing it” idiotic. Guarantee you lots more drink alcohol and get in wrecks or whatever else but crickets on that subject. People keep ignoring the fact that the illnesses are coming from black market thc liquids, not the big brand liquids people are getting at the vape shops.

Reactions: 508mikey
I find the whole mind set of “ban it because lots of kids are doing it” idiotic. Guarantee you lots more drink alcohol and get in wrecks or whatever else but crickets on that subject. People keep ignoring the fact that the illnesses are coming from black market thc liquids, not the big brand liquids people are getting at the vape shops.

Juul banning mint is more of a standalone story rather than being tied up with the whole vaping/popcorn lung issue. Kids vaping was an issue well before this whole chemical epidemic came about. I don't think anyone is necessarily down playing kids and drinking it's just that the whole vaping spectrum is at the top of the media reporting list right now. I've not been a teen for a while but I'd wager it's easier for kids to get access to vaping than it is for them to score a bottle of liquor. There are no side effects to vaping so it's far easier to hide the habit.

The fear-mongering about vaping would be more palatable in a vacuum. It's almost like we haven't experienced a century of big tobacco or half a century of the war on drugs.

There absolutely are. I would wager there are more than 10k high school kids alone that vape. That is a real issue. It's the cool thing to do now. My niece told me she's pretty confident over half the student body at her school is addicted to nicotine. It's not good.

If that's true, then they're impressively skewing these numbers. Across the country, one in four tried it once in the 30 days prior to this study.

CDC says teen vaping surges to more than 1 in 4 high school students

well said

VN Store

Back