Vandy Player Testifies in Rape Case

Correct me if I'm wrong I watched a great deal of the trial. Did they not say there was nothing in her system but alcohol and her prescribed medicine?

I don't recall any evidence saying she was roofied.

Only thing that was stated was that she took a few sips of a "blue" drink and then didn't remember anything after that. There was also a Vandy alum there buying drinks for all the Vandy athletes which could've gotten them in trouble with the NCAA. That's why their AD made Tin Roof off limits to all athletes after this incident. Not only because of the drinking, but they were getting free drinks from an alum.

I think it's safe to say that the Jimmy Frank era has left a huge stain. It came out that he allowed players to continue to play after failing multiple drug tests too. Maybe if he would've been a little stricter then this wouldn't have happened? Who knows, but the culture changed when he got the job. He wanted to compete with the rest of the SEC and he obviously was cutting some corners.

It's pathetic how quiet Vandy fans have been about this. They never could imagine their pristine university ever being associated with something like this. They tossed stones for years at UT and other schools. Then they got a slimeball as a coach and this happened. They would've been dragging UT through the mud the entire time, but the only time this has been discussed openly on their board is right now on their football board on Vandymania. Every time someone mentioned the subject it was either deleted or moved over to a thread hardly no one ever visits (the coffee shop). Just sweep it under the rug like it never happened. Don Yates is the definition of a hypocrite. The hypocrisy over there is beyond pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back