Vacation / Travel

The elevator ride up is cool.

Yeah that was. We had an absolutely perfect day and could see forever

Also went to a Broadway show (Book of Mormon), went by the NYSE and then the bull then battery Park , Washington Square, Caroline's to see a comic, stayed at the W overlooking Times Square on the last night, and Tavern on the green for Sunday brunch before heading home. Had to come back to work to get some rest :)

I know some look down on CCL but after trying the rest I keep coming back. Have fun.

Thanks. Yeah, I know. This will be our fifth with CCL I believe. We've also done RC. I really don't see that much difference between the two.

I don't know how many more we'll do though. We started cruising to see several places but we've now been to most of the main islands. I'd like to start hitting some all inclusive resorts now. One cruise I do still want to do though is Alaska.

Cant wait to post pictures of my lazy ass sitting on the beach with a beer in Destin in a couple of weeks :)

Thanks. Yeah, I know. This will be our fifth with CCL I believe. We've also done RC. I really don't see that much difference between the two.

I don't know how many more we'll do though. We started cruising to see several places but we've now been to most of the main islands. I'd like to start hitting some all inclusive resorts now. One cruise I do still want to do though is Alaska.

I'd like to do a Med and Panama Canal cruise one of these days.

For those that Cruise
My boss has probably done 20+ cruises and did a Viking Rivet Cruise from Switzerland thru Germany and said it was one of the best he's ever been on

Yeah that was. We had an absolutely perfect day and could see forever

Also went to a Broadway show (Book of Mormon), went by the NYSE and then the bull then battery Park , Washington Square, Caroline's to see a comic, stayed at the W overlooking Times Square on the last night, and Tavern on the green for Sunday brunch before heading home. Had to come back to work to get some rest :)
I saw Book of Mormon up there last year. I've never seen a show that I thought was that funny that so many people just didn't get. It was great.

The wife and I went to Charleston, SC in April. Great trip. We go two or three times a years, switching it up with Savannah.

We just got back from Colorado Springs. Stayed at the Broadmore for a few nights and then rode mules up to Camp Cloud for the last day and night. Temps went from 65 down to 37. Snowed during the mule ride. Amazing place with incredible views from 9,300 ft.

Did some hiking to seven falls and in cheyanne canyon while we were there.

Overall amazing trip! Would definitely recommend it.

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida on the gulf by Tampa-St.Pete.

Yeah, orange cream soda vodka with marichino cherry beach drinks, sitting in a big ol' beach chair under a cabana, big ol beach umbrella, good beach read books, orange cream vodka beach drinks, wave sounds, cream vodka beach drinks, seafood every meal, pretty girls jogging, vodskas, sunburn, voshka,........shrimps, ostries, voka .... ;)))

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, orange cream soda vodka with marichino cherry beach drinks, sitting in a big ol' beach chair under a cabana, big ol beach umbrella, good beach read books, orange cream vodka beach drinks, wave sounds, cream vodka beach drinks, seafood every meal, pretty girls jogging, vodskas, sunburn, voshka,........shrimps, ostries, voka .... ;)))

Condo or beach house?

my vacations involve pics of what y'all from East Tennessee get to see every day. I'm ok with that. My regular views are of the ocean. I'm ok with that too. Will miss it next year when I PCS.

my vacations involve pics of what y'all from East Tennessee get to see every day. I'm ok with that. My regular views are of the ocean. I'm ok with that too. Will miss it next year when I PCS.

You live on the beach? If so, I hope your golf scores suck next time😁

Condo or beach house?

Two "Old Florida" beach houses, each with guest houses and one with a smoke house cum beach cottage. The owners won a preservation award for their attention to detail in restoration.

Frickin amazing. Drive over the causeway to Gulf Blvd. and you hit "Island Time".

Walk into the "compound" and you "go back in time".

This view is from back porch.

Attachments

• 20160519_201504.jpg
    20160519_201504.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 8
Two "Old Florida" beach houses, each with guest houses and one with a smoke house cum beach cottage. The owners won a preservation award for their attention to detail in restoration.

Frickin amazing. Drive over the causeway to Gulf Blvd. and you hit "Island Time".

Walk into the "compound" and you "go back in time".

This view is from back porch.

That's nice. I had been looking there but everything seemed so dated.

We bought a camper a couple years ago and since then we have seen more of TN than ever. Wish we had bought one when the kids were young.

That's nice. I had been looking there but everything seemed so dated.

If you're looking for a condo, there a new ones going up, but Indian Rocks Beach has/had -don't know for sure now- restrictions & conditions on new construction. They want/wanted to try to keep the "Old Florida" look and appeal. But then, folk with your taste call that dated.

Which is OK for you, but I love being in a real house, an while sun goes down doin belly flops in pool & grilling my own seafood, jaimacan jerk, or whashever at leash as good as anyofthuh crabbybillsh while shtanun in my wet trunks wif a good wadka or skotch an havin everbodi tell me i am grill KING!.....whose got the pitcheradrinks?

Easy killer. On homeaway a lot of the condos look like they haven't been updated in 30 years.

How's the pace on the beach during the summer? Wall to wall people or do you feel like you've got your own little spot of paradise?

Easy killer. On homeaway a lot of the condos look like they haven't been updated in 30 years.

How's the pace on the beach during the summer? Wall to wall people or do you feel like you've got your own little spot of paradise?

Places down that way its pretty easy to get away from the crowds. Pass-A-Grille beach is one place not far from where he stayed that is mostly a locals only beach because of the location. Thats why I cant stand Destin, Panama City, or pretty much anywhere along the panhandle. It's just too crowded and touristy. Another great secluded spot a few miles further South is Siesta Key off Sarasota.

We bought a camper a couple years ago and since then we have seen more of TN than ever. Wish we had bought one when the kids were young.

Aint campers great? We did get one when ours were 2 & 6. Over they years they were growing up we towed that sucker from Knoxville to Bar Harbor & Acadia NP Maine, all over New England, Maryland, Washington DC, Civil War sites like Gettysburg. Amish Pennsylvania, Niagra and over the Great Lakes in Canada. Historical sites like Kitty Hawk & Outer Banks lighthouses. Really, just up & down Atlantic coast & down past Miami over to & up & down the Gulf side. Up I-75 to Michigan's Upper Penninsula. Then out west. Tombstone, Natural Bridges, Park City where Winter Olympics were, through Cornfield ... er ..uh Kansas.

You will have fun. You will see the real America in ways folks who only "fly over" to "all inclusive" vacation "destinations" never will. We literally wore ours out. Had to sell it for salvage & scrap. Wouldn't try to sell as usable. Wife cried when we left it there.

But, leave yours at home sometimes. Maybe fly to Cancun for two weeks. But for most of that, rent a SUV and drive all over the Yucatan to the Mayan ruin sites, like Mayapan, Tulum & Chichen Itza.

Reactions: 1 person
Aint campers great? We did get one when ours were 2 & 6. Over they years they were growing up we towed that sucker from Knoxville to Bar Harbor & Acadia NP Maine, all over New England, Maryland, Washington DC, Civil War sites like Gettysburg. Amish Pennsylvania, Niagra and over the Great Lakes in Canada. Historical sites like Kitty Hawk & Outer Banks lighthouses. Really, just up & down Atlantic coast & down past Miami over to & up & down the Gulf side. Up I-75 to Michigan's Upper Penninsula. Then out west. Tombstone, Natural Bridges, Park City where Winter Olympics were, through Cornfield ... er ..uh Kansas.

You will have fun. You will see the real America in ways folks who only "fly over" to "all inclusive" vacation "destinations" never will. We literally wore ours out. Had to sell it for salvage & scrap. Wouldn't try to sell as usable. Wife cried when we left it there.

But, leave yours at home sometimes. Maybe fly to Cancun for two weeks. But for most of that, rent a SUV and drive all over the Yucatan to the Mayan ruin sites, like Mayapan, Tulum & Chichen Itza.

We haven't done any long trips yet, so far we try to take a 3-4 day weekend every month and have been exploring the State and National parks here in TN. I must say I do love it, we're going to hit the road for some longer trips next year.

VN Store

Back