V-O-L-S letters curse....

The letters were definately up in 07. Not sure if they came down after 2007 season or after 2008 season

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 9
I have heard that Fulmer was seen dancing naked around a fire chanting something after he was let go?:eek:

Majors curse and Fulmer curse most recently (according to myself and a few friends). Majors was resolved when we retired his number, Fulmer is resolved because we put him in the HOF and paid him his entire buyout. We should be good now...should...

The 4 seasons before the first set of VOLS letters were put up in 1966 the Big Orange went 21-17-3

The 4 years after (including 1966) the vols went 34-9-1

The 4 years leading to the removal of the signs after 1998 the vols were 29-21 including a SEC east championship and trIP to ATL. And again the 4 years since we're 23-27 the stats don't lie. We need the VOLS LETTERS!

These have been gone for almost 15 years.
Vols%20Sign-Neyland%20Stadium002.jpg

They were taken down with the Jumbotron expansion in 2009

Before that, they were on top of the Jumbotron. Before that, they were on top of the Stadium

None of this matters anyway; we're all dead in a 11 days according to the Mayans.

Reactions: 1 person
My point is they have been up in some form since 66. The colors have changed a few times and "actual" letters replaced. But the VOLS letters have had a presence.

The V-O-L-S should always be on the stadium. They are iconic. Someone should start a petition to get them back. Yet another one of Hamiltons gaffs.

Reactions: 1 person
We've had bad luck since we hurt Rohan Davey and his mom put a curse on us in the SEC championship game in 01.

But I haven't thought about the letters. Bring 'em back, eventhough I wasn't that big on them.

Yeah, but we did LSU a favor......isn't like offsetting penalties or something?

I agree!! Take down that tacky, gaudy JUUUUUMBOOOOOTROOOOON NOW!! lol I hate that fah qing thing...its so commercial and generic. Please bring back the lit up V O L S to hover over the TN river!!

HONOR THY VOLS...CHERISH THEM...

Wait since there was a Majors and Fulmer curse for firing them, does that mean we now have a Dooley curse. Of course the previous curses were suppose to take us from winners to losers, so the Dooley curse would take us from Losers to Winners!!!

Well we had the curse of the orange pants going for a long time (on the uniforms), then we got a coach who wore orange pants to every game....

Just put em somewhere. The last set were sold to calhouns who has not displayed them yet. But they assured the VOLS letters twitter that they were in good hands.

VN Store

Back