UT's WR CORPS - UPDATED 8/23/12

Couldn't agree more.

we have the incoming freshman to do it, i see nothing wrong with calling my original prediction of 9-10 wins, yes da'rick was good, but that doesn't mean some of these freshman wont come out and shine as well. Not like our backups were picked up from a high school jv team..

Does anybody think Vincent Dallas moves back to WR? He had a little playing experience last year and that is better than nothing. I know there was an article fairly recent ago that mentioned he was enjoying the move to CB but with the depth we have there do you think it is possible for another switch? I would be content with it, just my :twocents:

I am currently outside and the sky is not falling, some of you guys act like Rogers was all we had. We have talent it's just untested but that is going to change now.

Reactions: 2 people
productive compared to what? He won't be as productive as DR but he'll be a lot more productive than he would have been had DR not got himself kicked off. Don't really understand the question.

Here is what the UT WR corps looks like now:

2 Alton Howard WR 5-8 185 FR Orlando, Fla./Edgewater HS
3 Tyler Drummer WR 6-1 172 JR Powell, Tenn./Powell/Univ. of Cumberlands
7 Drae Bowles WR 6-0 202 FR Jackson, Tenn./Jackson Christian HS
9 Sam Cranford WR 6-4 189 FR Nashville, Tenn./Christ Presbyterian Academy
11 Justin Hunter WR 6-4 200 JR Virginia Beach, Va./Ocean Lakes
18 Jason Croom WR 6-5 232 FR Norcross, Ga./Norcross HS
36 Cody Blanc WR 6-3 202 FR Knoxville, Tenn./Knoxville Central
80 Dylan West WR 6-1 186 JR Oneida, Tenn./Oneida
83 Zach Rogers WR 6-0 172 SR Nashville, Tenn./David Lipscomb
84 Cordarrelle Patterson WR 6-3 205 JR Rock Hill, S.C./Northwestern HS/Hutchinson (Kan.) C.C.
87 Jacob Carter WR 6-0 180 JR Nashville, Tenn./Ensworth

In bold are the guys with NCAA experience. 2 guys. That's it.

The guy we just lost had over 1,000 yards last season.

The guy we are counting on is coming off an ACL tear and is being backed up by a true freshman.

The other guy we are counting on is a Junior College transfer who is being backed up by Zach Rogers.

that's how fragile we are.

Yet some poeple still say we'll walk NC State and that our win line won't change.

:shakehead:

Carter will catch 24 passes this year. 310 yards and score 4 TD's. If Hunter and Patterson can run the DB's/Safteys off, it will open up alot of room for Carter, ZR, Bowles, and others to make alot of plays.

Looks like a potentially lethal set of WR's. Did not realize Blanc was that big. He, Croom and CP could be the physical, over the middle guys to take DR's spot and not be drama queens. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Carter will catch 24 passes this year. 310 yards and score 4 TD's. If Hunter and Patterson can run the DB's/Safteys off, it will open up alot of room for Carter, ZR, Bowles, and others to make alot of plays.

Blanc will get more opportunities than Carter, but both should play over ZR.

we are alot better in the WR department then we were a year ago. I am still excited about the season. would like to see Rogers back on the field but till and if it does happen I say go vols.

Blanc will get more opportunities than Carter, but both should play over ZR.

I could see Blanc having better numbers than Carter. I just responded to the post asking what kind of year Carter could have. I could also see where ZR could have a good year. Sometimes it takes a kid a little while to find his groove. Maybe ZR will shock some people this year. His speed makes him dangerous.

84 Cordarrelle Patterson WR 6-3 205 JR Rock Hill, S.C./Northwestern HS/Hutchinson (Kan.) C.C.

The guy we are counting on is coming off an ACL tear and is being backed up by a true freshman.

The other guy we are counting on is a Junior College transfer who is being backed up by Zach Rogers.

And yet, there's only about 100 college teams that would swap receiver corps with us right now. :question:

Reactions: 1 person
I could see Blanc having better numbers than Carter. I just responded to the post asking what kind of year Carter could have. I could also see where ZR could have a good year. Sometimes it takes a kid a little while to find his groove. Maybe ZR will shock some people this year. His speed makes him dangerous.

I hope they both get chances and do well. So far I have zero confidence in ZR but maybe being a SR and a new WR coach helps!

Man. Seriously. In looking at that, I would send Hunter, Patterson, Croom, Cranford, and Blanc all out in a 5 wide every play and have everybody else block like hell.

Hell, just line them all up on the same side and send them on go routes. We are bound to get interference calls until we are close enough to QB sneak it in. Bray could have more rushing TDs than passing.

ZR does have great speed. I remember last year when we were intercepted ZR came out of no where and ran down the guy with the ball when no one else had a chance. Now if he has gotten better at catching the ball then we are on to something.

VN Store

Back