UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

The leadership at UT is making this possible. Admit when you've done wrong and work towards an equitable solution. But if you're not wrong you announce it loudly and go bash some skulls
I mean, we shouldn’t dismiss the possibility that there is some false bravado at play.

The real goal has already been achieved; negative press meant to plant that seed of doubt in the minds of recruits. Hopefully it doesn't work.

If the NCAA attempts to move forward on anything NIL, I expect it will be litigated in court, where they keep losing over anything NIL related.

For reals. I mean we don’t just got lawyers, we gots a whole law school.

I’m sure you’d get tons of 3Ls to sign up for a clinic doing doc review on that litigation!

Reactions: SmokinBob
So prospective student athletes can meet with 3rd party companies/organizations to discuss NIL deals but those meetings cannot be recruitment-based in their nature??

The NCAA has their heads so far up their asses. So dumb.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
If this story came from anyone other that Forde, I would give it some credibility. The NCAA has said that there is no investigation into Tennessee. This is just Forde's usual anti-Tennessee clickbait. I would say it is nothing but lies. I wonder which coach asked Forde to write this nonsense to try and slow down Vols' recruiting. Shameful.
Sorry, but there is no way in hell that Plowman would write a letter like that without having in hand a NCAA letter of Investigation Infractions.

Reactions: FBtime
I mean, we shouldn’t dismiss the possibility that there is some false bravado at play.
Possible, but IMO not likely. This has been boiling under the surface in the college sports landscape for some time, it’s just been a matter of waiting to see where it decides to blow the lid off.

I think you’d see a lot more balanced approach if the University felt there was some issue with the way they’ve done things with regards to NIL. That was a really strong statement and it covered several possible allegations within in it. More than what anyone else had disclosed prior to it being released.

I think they know they’ve got a strong ground to fight this and again, the entire landscape is fighting this out now in courts across the country.

Schools were not allowed to be associated with NiL collectives, they changed that rule this year. And that’s what they’re getting people for. Basically, the school had an employee that’s job was to get the recruit in touch with or to a booster. And that was illegal.

So, they’re trying to prove the schools and collectives were working together. Which, of course they were. But if they can prove it, it was a violation prior to this year.
There’s no way the P5 member institutions would stand for retroactive application of the rules in this manner or any other manner.

NCAA just keeps digging…

…their own f—-king grave.

Consider what NCAA is doing as fact finding. Going to create a report to show congress? Hoping for congressional legislation to try and trump the bills coming out of the states-which are very “unfriendly” to NCAA.

It looks like a private flight for Nico is at the center of it all. Tennessee's administration is very concerned about a potential postseason ban .... but plans to aggressively fight any and all allegations, and might even pursue legal action of their own against the NCAA.

Calls them, NCAA, liars and then sends her "regards." She's legend!!
Stick with me here.

My thought is the NCAA (or maybe UT) knew Donde’s letter was going to get “leaked” today and called Forde in with a morsel he turned into a hit piece.

His hit piece acts as a pedestal upon which SID climbs to drop Donde’s elbow from the top rope.

Apparently we got a mean School of Communications!

Reactions: Sara Clark
Stick with me here.

My thought is the NCAA (or maybe UT) knew Donde’s letter was going to get “leaked” today and called Forde in with a morsel he turned into a hit piece.

His hit piece acts as a pedestal upon which SID climbs to drop Donde’s elbow from the top rope.

Apparently we got a mean School of Communications!
I bet the NCAA leaked this:
1706649680930.png

Possible, but IMO not likely. This has been boiling under the surface in the college sports landscape for some time, it’s just been a matter of waiting to see where it decides to blow the lid off.

I think you’d see a lot more balanced approach if the University felt there was some issue with the way they’ve done things with regards to NIL. That was a really strong statement and it covered several possible allegations within in it. More than what anyone else had disclosed prior to it being released.

I think they know they’ve got a strong ground to fight this and again, the entire landscape is fighting this out now in courts across the country.
I do agree with all of this.

It looks like a private flight for Nico is at the center of it all. Tennessee's administration is very concerned about a potential postseason ban .... but plans to aggressively fight any and all allegations, and might even pursue legal action of their own against the NCAA.
How in the world do you know that?

And you know this how?

VN Store

Back