UT/UF freshman playing time discussion

are you starting two fresham DT's? I know Floyd has started atleast three games but we only signed three OL last cycle only Silberman has seen some PT...he should be playing more imo.

Wanna trade? Floyd was probably the best DT in last year's class.

UT has started Miller (a DE at DT). Ayers started the last game. Both are Freshmen. Ayers is a walk on.

What you are hearing is incorrect. UT starts two true Fr on the OL and the sixth guy is a Fr. Of the 8 OL's who have played competitive minutes this year, six weren't on the roster last year. D Rogers and Hunter are in the five man rotation at WR. Neal is the #2 RB now. Fugate has played. In addition, Simms, Gooch, and Rivera are new to the program. Ten of the 17 or so O players that make up UT's real two deep (UT literally does not have 10 SEC worthy OL's right now) weren't in K'ville this time last year.

Gordon, Sapp, Propst, Crump, Ayers, Miller, and Smith have played competitive minutes on D. Ayers and Miller have started. Smith and Gordon play alot.

UT had 17 freshmen participate vs UGA and LSU.

I would love to say that UF would stay down... but I don't believe it. However, UF has issues right now (would be alot of fun if UT weren't in much worse shape). If Meyer refuses to do something with his staff after this season, we could hear gator fans talking about how he's lost "it".
I said freshmen(true FR but if you wanna count new players, first years starters and RS freshmen then UF is leading the way. All this UF has issues is over kill...yes, we struggled but us losing to Top 10 teams isn't a need to worry in my books atp with the turnover, youth and new schemes. You could point to MSU as a trouble spot but they will get to a better bowl game then anyone in the east this season besides SC. Are they great? No, but chopped liver never. Meyer will make the adjustments needs to during the bye week then have some choices to make after the season.

Anybody who tries to argue that Florida's freshman are getting more playing time than Tennessee's is way wrong.

Anybody who tries to argue that Florida's freshman are getting more playing time than Tennessee's is way wrong.
Again I stated we have played more freshmen ...names yours and i'll name ours. didn't say anything about snaps because we have only played one on the OL. I've heard it from at least four different broadcasters. Of the D recruits from last season besides Dowling, Trail have played and on offense all but Dunbar and Murphy have played. Green and Gideon Ajagbe have been hurt all seasons so 21 out of 27 freshmen have played in games.

Last edited:
Again I stated we have played more freshmen ...names yours and i'll name ours. didn't say anything about snaps because we have only played one on the OL. I heard it from at least four different broadcasters. Of the D recruits from last season besides Dowling, Trail have played and on offense all but Dunbar and Murphy have played. Green and Gideon Ajagbe have been hurt all seasons so 21 out of 27 freshmen have played in games.

Thing is you're freshmen are playing with experience around them. We are playing 1st year starters/ no previous PT with our freshmen. It's a big difference.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Again I stated we have played more freshmen ...names yours and i'll name ours. didn't say anything about snaps because we have only played one on the OL. I heard it from at least four different broadcasters. Of the D recruits from last season besides Dowling, Trail have played and on offense all but Dunbar and Murphy have played. Green and Gideon Ajagbe have been hurt all seasons so 21 out of 27 freshmen have played in games.

Fail post. Do some research and stop regurgitating what your gator brethren spout off.

Here you go:

Number of Freshman UT Has Played in 2010: 23

University of Tennessee Athletics Football

LB Jerod Askew
DT Joseph Ayres
QB Tyler Bray
DB Brent Brewer
LB Raiques Crump
OL Zach Fulton
FB Channing Fugate
CB Eric Gordon
OT Daniel Hood
WR Justin Hunter
OT Ja’Wuan James
DT Arthur Jeffery
DE Corey Miller
WR Matt Milton
RB Rajion Neal
K Michael Palardy
LB John Propst
WR Da’Rick Rogers
DB Dontavis Sapp
OG JerQuari Schofield
DE Jacques Smith
OL James Stone
RB Toney Williams

:hi:

Last edited:
Fail post. Do some research and stop regurgitating what your gator brethren spout off.
I have! this came from gatorzone.com give the official stats and info the the program so you shouldn't speak on things you aren't sure about....I haven't watched every game UT has played so I asked about the freshman that have played but I've seen ALL the gators game(not much too see) so I have some facts.

Here you go:

Number of Freshman UT Has Play in 2010: 22

University of Tennessee Athletics Football

LB Jerod Askew
DT Joseph Ayres
QB Tyler Bray
DB Brent Brewer
LB Raiques Crump
OL Zach Fulton
FB Channing Fugate
OT Daniel Hood
WR Justin Hunter
OT Ja’Wuan James
DT Arthur Jeffery
DE Corey Miller
WR Matt Milton
RB Rajion Neal
K Michael Palardy
LB John Propst
WR Da’Rick Rogers
DB Dontavis Sapp
OG JerQuari Schofield
DE Jacques Smith
OL James Stone
RB Toney Williams

:hi:
I didn't count RS freshmen only true freshmen...all I saying is Ut isn't the only team playing new players.

I didn't count RS freshmen only true freshmen...all I saying is Ut isn't the only team playing new players.

There is a major difference in putting a few players in the game here and there but UT is having to rely on our freshmen to play a game. If we did not play our freshman we would have to forfeit the entire 2010 season. There is a big difference and its not even close.

I have! this came from gatorzone.com give the official stats and info the the program so you shouldn't speak on things you aren't sure about....I haven't watched every game UT has played so I asked about the freshman that have played but I've seen ALL the gators game(not much too see) so I have some facts.

In pure numbers (of players), I imagine it's close. In snaps, I imagine it's not even in the same time zone. Mostly given that we have 4 freshmen and a JuCo who have started on the O-line at some point this year. Not to mention 2 freshman who have started in the secondary, 2 on the D-line, and 3 who have been in the 4-man rotation at WR. [8 of those 11 have been true freshmen]

Last edited:
There is a major difference in putting a few players in the game here and there but UT is having to rely on our freshmen to play a game. If we did not play our freshman we would have to forfeit the entire 2010 season. There is a big difference and its not even close.
We are playing freshmen at every position but OL and RB...DL, LB, DB,WR/TE ALL getting major snaps. If you take away your OL I truly believe the reps are close. jmho But to think about it maybe we should try some freshmen at Ol because these returning player can't block on runs or passing down. Shameful

Last edited:

Florida pre-season lineup by year=
(not going to label redshirts, but UF obviously has many more redshirted players than UT)

Listed in order of depth chart:
QB- Jr, Fr, Fr
RB- Jr, Sr, So
WR- Jr, Jr, Sr, Fr, So
TE- Fr, Fr
OL- Sr, Sr, Sr, Jr, So

DL- Sr, Sr, Jr, Fr, Jr
LB- Sr, Fr, Sr, Fr, So, Sr
CB- Jr, Sr, So, Sr
S- Sr, Jr, Fr, So

Thats 9 Freshmen........

UT pre-season depth chart=

QB- Jr, Fr, Fr
RB- Jr, So, Fr
WR- Sr, Sr, Fr, Fr, Fr
TE- Sr, Jr
OL- So, Fr, Jr, Sr, Fr

DL- Sr, So, Sr, Sr, Fr, Fr
LB- Sr, So, Sr, Jr, Sr, Jr
CB- So, Fr, So, Fr
S- So, So, Fr, Fr

That's 14 freshmen.......

So UT obviously had upperclassmen depth problems to begin with.........

Now the upperclassmen who have missed entire games and were replaced by freshmen, since opening day: A Sr WR, a Sr and Jr OL, a Sr and So DL.

The injuries + lack of depth is the main reason that UT has had more freshmen START than UF and UT definitely have had their freshmen get WAY more consistent time on the field this year.

Creditable adj-Worthy of belief: a creditable story

:no:

HG...

Not trying to be the grammar police, but you need to check your dictionary again. Credible is the word that means worthy of belief. Creditable means an effort that is worthy of praise, even though it falls somewhat short of being a success.

mlsoft

In pure numbers (of players), I imagine it's close. In snaps, I imagine it's not even in the same time zone. Mostly given that we have 4 freshmen and a JuCo who have started on the O-line at some point this year. Not to mention 2 freshman who have started in the secondary, 2 on the D-line, and 3 who have been in the 4-man rotation at WR. [8 of those 11 have been true freshmen]

And this list is missing, btw, Michael Palardy, who is now starting because of injury, Rajion Neal, who has taken over the RB2 spot, and Tyler Bray, who will be playing against Alabama in the first half according to CDD. Not sure how much Crump, Propst, and Sapp are playing; I get the impression that Milton, Fugate, and Brewer haven't been playing as much.

Again I stated we have played more freshmen ...names yours and i'll name ours. didn't say anything about snaps because we have only played one on the OL.

Oh ok, I just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to say Florida's freshmen are playing more than Tennessee's cuz it isn't even close.

Carry on.

Cute tho. Now that Florida is losing they try to make excuses. You didn't hear them complaining early on. Hey, anything to justify losing, huh HG?

Florida has currently played 31 freshmen in at least one of their games this year. 14 of those freshmen have played in all 7 of the Gators games this year. They have 52 freshmen on their roster.

Cute tho. Now that Florida is losing they try to make excuses. You didn't hear them complaining early on. Hey, anything to justify losing, huh HG?
No I'm not justify losing because of the new guys. In fact I can't blame the young guys.. yes, they have made mistakes but imo they have have outplayed most of the veterans. Shameful is the word I like to use when I think about how the four and fifth year guys have played.

VN Store

Back