UT Secondary - Do we have any WRs on the depth chart?

BleedingButch

Given we will be getting Tillman back soon, our WRs are stacked. Are there any WRs further down the depth chart that may be able to play 2 ways and help out our secondary? Just curious, FWIW I also think that our secondary has their worst game behind them and will continue to improve. I don't think Stetson Bennet has a prayer of scoring near as much as Bama.

Reactions: LittleVol
It's just not that easy to switch to cornerback like that. If you're going to make a switch, it would be in the off season.
Yeah I get that, I’m talking about guys who may have played corner in high school or previously in college. Was just wondering if there was anyone who was a step faster than our current guys. Again, I do think our current guys will continue to play better.

Yeah I get that, I’m talking about guys who may have played corner in high school or previously in college. Was just wondering if there was anyone who was a step faster than our current guys. Again, I do think our current guys will continue to play better.
Jimmy Calloway.

EXCELLENT CB in high school....

How about Holiday? He is fast and can track a ball.
Sure the coaches are looking at this and coming with a B and C plan. It’s a mash unit on the backside

Even if we do the staff would not make that change in the middle of the season

I think the problem is with Martinez and not so much our CB. This is Martinez second stint at TN and his first time around the DBs were our week point besides Cameron Sutton. When Martinez was at UGA their problem was always DBs. If anything in my opinion we need to make a change with Martinez.

Reactions: Volfan76
I would guess the walk ons will be getting coached up at this point in the season. Last drive last weekend that is what we had out there.

I think the problem is with Martinez and not so much our CB. This is Martinez second stint at TN and his first time around the DBs were our week point besides Cameron Sutton. When Martinez was at UGA their problem was always DBs. If anything in my opinion we need to make a change with Martinez.
I agree, I hope the buddy system is not in play here.

I am curious who is going to try and attempt to slow down Brock Bowers and Washington. I think we can live with giving up whatever McConkey and the others can get. The 2 tight ends will move the chain on the best of defenders. Its criminal how few times Stetson Bennett targets them or at least that the play call is to go to them. The switching assignments between our linebackers and dbs will be imperative. Sad part is we need to keep bringing pressure because even covering those big tight ends will be bad so more often bring pressure in my opinion to not allow Stetson to deliver the ball. Missouri in that first half was wreckless abandon gambling bringing pressure. I think we need to do the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Given we will be getting Tillman back soon, our WRs are stacked. Are there any WRs further down the depth chart that may be able to play 2 ways and help out our secondary? Just curious, FWIW I also think that our secondary has their worst game behind them and will continue to improve. I don't think Stetson Bennet has a prayer of scoring near as much as Bama.

Haven't read the other replies, but playing secondary at this level is very difficult and technical. You can't just throw fast dudes into a defense and expect them to contribute without a long learning curve.

Reactions: Alto1
I just believe it was the hand we were dealt. Coach was given the least talented position group with the least amount of depth. I don't know if getting rid of Martinez is the answer. I do like that they are bringing in quality recruits and can still hit the portal. It is def going to take some finesse to squeeze out a decent product. Thank you Pruitt.

VN Store

Back