UT Fireworks during drought

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
Was talking to a buddy of mine, are we not in a no burn area right now? Surprised the state hasn't nixed the fireworks.

I'm sure if they thought that shooting fireworks out over the water was a hazard it would be nixed. JK but if this drought continues the river may be dry as well.

Neyland is on the river and in an urban area. It may be one of the only "safe" places to do such right now.

May the boys in orange give the forest service plenty of opportunities to cringe this coming Saturday.

AV

Honestly, this is an excellent point and we should suspend. Just because the fireworks are shot over water doesn't mean the wind won't carry them to a dry patch somewhere. Not worth the risk IMO.

They won't be an issue. They might even have an engine standby just in case.

There is a burn ban for all East Tennessee counties, and the air quality alerts are in the dangerous levels. The ban includes all fire pits. I look for the fireworks to be nixed. If a fire breaks out in the area, even a small one, somebody out there will blame UT. It will be a big PR issue.

idk about up there, but the air in Chattanooga is bad right now. Fireworks can only make it worse. Rocky top is enough.

There is a burn ban for all East Tennessee counties, and the air quality alerts are in the dangerous levels. The ban includes all fire pits. I look for the fireworks to be nixed. If a fire breaks out in the area, even a small one, somebody out there will blame UT. It will be a big PR issue.

No, it doesn't.

There will be fireworks for the game Saturday.

Reactions: 1 person
Just seems like unnecessary risk to me for the university and surrounding neighbors. They are shot over water, but a stiff breeze could easily carry a spark to the wooded ridge behind where they are shot and that would be a disaster with all the homes and apartment complexes up there. Also fire pits that don't have a screen are ban at the moment as I understand it.

No, it doesn't.

There will be fireworks for the game Saturday.

Yes it does, no open air burning at all...

Since Governor Bill Haslam's burn ban was issued Monday night, the Tennessee Forestry Division said they have responded to 11 new fires statewide.

The ban on burning was issued for 51 counties in middle and east Tennessee.

The largest wildfire in Hamilton County is the Flipper's Bend fire on Signal Mountain burning at least 1,000 acres.

All open air burning is illegal, that includes campfires, fire pits and outdoor grilling.

If you're caught burning you could face serious consequences.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes it does, no open air burning at all...

Since Governor Bill Haslam's burn ban was issued Monday night, the Tennessee Forestry Division said they have responded to 11 new fires statewide.

The ban on burning was issued for 51 counties in middle and east Tennessee.

The largest wildfire in Hamilton County is the Flipper's Bend fire on Signal Mountain burning at least 1,000 acres.

All open air burning is illegal, that includes campfires, fire pits and outdoor grilling.

If you're caught burning you could face serious consequences.

Actually you can still BBQ and grill and what I read said nothing about fireworks. It did say fire pits were included in the ban.

Burn ban issued for 51 counties: What is allowed? | WBIR.com

VN Store

Back