UT athletic director Phillip Fulmer reportedly hopes to hire Vols coach Tuesday

Brent Venables - just the facts

• In his 21 years as a full-time assistant coach, his teams have 21 winning seasons, have been to 24 bowl games and have won 10+ games 17 times.

• Has coached in five National Championship games. Helped the Tigers to their second national title in 2016 with a 35-31 win over Alabama.

• Recipient of the 2016 Frank Broyles Award as the nation’s top assistant coach.

• Named one of the top-10 recruiters in the ACC in 2015 by Rivals.

• National defensive coordinator-of-the-year by FootballScoop in 2014 and national recruiter-of-the-year by Rivals in 2015.

• One of five finalists for the 2015 Frank Broyles Award after his defense was fourth nationally in third-down conversion percentage (.277), fourth in sacks per game (3.2) and fifth in tackles for loss per game (8.4).

• His 2014 defense led the nation in total defense (260.😎, pass efficiency defense (98.3), first downs allowed (185), third-down conversion percentage defense (27.4) and tackles for loss

• His 2013 defense, which was 24th in the nation in scoring defense and 25th in total defense, led the nation in tackles for loss (122). He also coached All-ACC linebackers Spencer Shuey and Anthony.

• Named one of the top-25 recruiters in the nation in 2013 by Rivals.

• Named one of the top-50 recruiters in the nation in 2013 by 247Sports.

• Named one of the top-10 recruiters in the ACC in 2013 by Rivals.

• His 2012 defense held opponents to just 34.0 percent on third down, 24th-best in the nation.

• A big reason Clemson has won back-to-back ACC titles for the first time in 28 years.

• Coached 13 years (1999-11) at Oklahoma and three years (1996-98) at Kansas State. He was also a graduate assistant coach at Kansas State for three seasons (1993-95).

• Served as co-defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (1999-03) and defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (2004-11).

• Linebackers under his direction were named Big 12 Defensive Player-of-the-Year five times and Big 12 Defensive Newcomer-of-the-Year five times. He also coached two Butkus Award winners and two other Butkus Award finalists.

• Broyles Award finalist in 2006 when Oklahoma led the Big 12 in total defense and scoring defense.

Madly aggressive defenses (which I love), a lot of positivity (which we've been missing for years), absurd energy level, players love him, etc.

Reactions: 2 people
that's what I thought as well. Not sure why everyone is thinking today is the day. They may in fact sign someone and leak something but it won't be official I bet while he is in NYC for Peyton. who knows

today is a good opportunity to talk to other coaches while in NYC as well
Peyton is making the announcement during his induction tonight.

Reactions: 2 people
There are multiple reports that Fulmer is going to wrap up or wants wrapped up, the coaching search by Tuesday night (tonight) or Wednesday.

Why? What is the significance of having it done so early?

Why not take your time and make the right hire?

Early signing period should NOT be a determining factor in the new hire decision.

The reality of the matter is that the Early Signing Period is a HUGE factor. And will be a major factor in the college coaching carousel as long as it exists.

There are multiple reports that Fulmer is going to wrap up or wants wrapped up, the coaching search by Tuesday night (tonight) or Wednesday.

Why? What is the significance of having it done so early?

Why not take your time and make the right hire?

Early signing period should NOT be a determining factor in the new hire decision.

It shouldn't be at this point bc with the exception of Miles or Brohm (who I don't think is involved) there is likely no name that is going to just get any players back on the bus.

Reactions: 3 people
It shouldn't be at this point bc with the exception of Miles or Brohm (who I don't think is involved) there is likely no name that is going to just get any players back on the bus.

I agree with tbis^^^^^

Phil trying to put all defensive coached team.

Reactions: 1 person
IF Fulmer wants brohm he would come. He hasn't signed an extension and he wants a big time job. He wants Tennessee it's just whether we want him or not at this point.

I agree. Wasn't it Brohm's friend that said he would definitely come here, if offered?

Reactions: 1 person
I cant wait for this to be over. Venables should be the guy IMO

With that said I think we get Steele lol

I'm with you bud. At this point just roll somebody out there for me to pump sunshine about. Be it Miles, Tee, Leach, Peterson, Tucker, Lane, Venables, Gruden or Jason freakin Witten, just get us a coach so I can talk crap about our SEC championship run next season!!

GBO!!

Waiting👀😑😎😎😎😎😎😎🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

VN Store

Back