USC and Penn St

I like MacIntyre from Colorado.

And you thought hiring a coach from Cincinnati was an uproar. Every year we see coaches come through. They do great where they are at, then get to a program where it's a little bit tougher and it doesn't work out. College ball in the south is a filthy dirty game. He could not do it here.

And you thought hiring a coach from Cincinnati was an uproar. Every year we see coaches come through. They do great where they are at, then get to a program where it's a little bit tougher and it doesn't work out. College ball in the south is a filthy dirty game. He could not do it here.

I remember people saying Meyer would not do well at UF and Saban would not do well at LSU because they weren't from the South and had no Southern ties. It is just hard to predict how he will do when a coach moves up to the next level.

He would immediately be the best coach in the east.

Yeah well, not if he couldn't recruit here, and not if he couldn't play dirty, and not if he let his players smoke weed (probably would).

1) Hire a recruiter with the 10th spot

2) Every coach in every P5 conference plays dirty

3) This matters how?

Not to mention the media scrutiny. The weed smoking will be called out in Tennessee. You will lose local law enforcement. We can agree to disagree the guy would never make it under this kind of microscope.

Penn State has very little competition for recruiting in Pennsylvania, NJ, Maryland, Delaware etc. The have their own high school all star game called the Big 33 where the top players from Pennsylvania compete against the top players from Ohio. The cream of those groups go to the big state school first. So it wasn't too hard for PSU to recover from the sanctions. I'm still curious if Jimmy Frank and crew are the real deal or just the benefactors of previous coaches. I give him all the credit in the world for winning the B10 and his success at Vandy, but I'm curious if he can run a program long term.

Same with USC. If you ever set foot on that campus you would realize how easy it would be to recruit there. When I went there I just wanted to lay in the grass and day dream. It is really this small bit of heaven in the middle of East LA. But again, do they have the staff to take advantage of the talent the attract? That is to be determined, probably as early as tomorrow.

Not saying I want the guy, but Cincinnati and Colorado aren't even close to the same thing. Colorado won their division in a P5 conference last year. Say what you want about strength and what not, but there's something to be said for winning at a P5 school.

VN Store

Back