USA Today Loves the Vols

wayne.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
U crazy.

Historical top 10.

As John Ward says at the games on the voiceover, "Check the stats."

We have always been a historically top 10 team in many categories. I don't think he means ONLY AP/Coach's poll rankings.

Youre just a negative ******* who,s knowledge of Tennessee football is limited by his own opinions

No, historically we are most definitely a top 10 program.

The only problem with historically is that it's HISTORY. It's all about what have you done lately. Historically Tennessee is a top 10 program. Recently, not so much. Ask the top kids coming out of HS to name the top 10 college football programs and I guarantee you won't see Tennessee on most of thier lists

If that is the worst thing that has happen in your life then you are truly blessed to have that as your worst moment experience. Just hang on something will come along that will help you put in perspective.

I'm seriously going to start posting a warning.

*********warning smartasstick post**********

The only problem with historically is that it's HISTORY. It's all about what have you done lately. Historically Tennessee is a top 10 program. Recently, not so much. Ask the top kids coming out of HS to name the top 10 college football programs and I guarantee you won't see Tennessee on most of thier lists

I would challenge you to do this: ask those same kids who would deny UT is a top 10 program to name the last three U.S. Presidents, or who the Vice President is. If you say that isn't fair, ask those same kids to name just 10 U.S. States and their capitals. I think you would find that most of those kids have been failed by the education system (to put it gently). If you are using graduating H.S. football players, who don't understand college football and its history, as your barometer of reality, I suggest signing out of V.N., turning on MTV and drooling on yourself.

In our current situation that list is always a nice dose of sunshine. It's gonna be hard to hold off USC from taking our 9 spot with the talent they have right now and will have coming in.

I believe they already did. Those are 2010 numbers. :ermm:

Didn't see that.:hi: They need to update the type in the article: "The list is current through the end of the 2010 season."

ha. A post on V.N. with two totally different perspectives and they are both right. The world is about to end.

The gap actually widened, despite having bad seasons. Reason for that being is USC had to vacate several wins, thus setting them back even further from Tennessee. USC would have passed UT without NCAA involvement, but UT would still be significantly higher than georgia. In fact if UT continued on it's set win rate and UGA continued at it's pace it would take 9 years of UT winning 5 and UGA winning 10 games consecutively for UGA to tie UT.

Way to backpedal after you got owned.

I would challenge you to do this: ask those same kids who would deny UT is a top 10 program to name the last three U.S. Presidents, or who the Vice President is. If you say that isn't fair, ask those same kids to name just 10 U.S. States and their capitals. I think you would find that most of those kids have been failed by the education system (to put it gently). If you are using graduating H.S. football players, who don't understand college football and its history, as your barometer of reality, I suggest signing out of V.N., turning on MTV and drooling on yourself.

That's the south for you.

Wow ,part of a multiquote..I'm honored

I believe they already did. Those are 2010 numbers. :ermm:

balls...

edit: nevermind had I read a few down I would've seen that apparently those are new(ish) numbers and totally forgot about USC vacating wins.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back