Upscale Dining in Nashville

I knew of some of the good food Nashville had to offer that I liked, but they also wanted some of the "upscale" options as well, which I had no clue on.

Thanks for all the info. I passed it along to them and it should turn out to be a great trip for these guys. I love Nashville ans wish I would be there for the All Star game.

Kayne Prime is really good for a steak.

I absolutely love the Southern, and it's a short walk from Bridgestone if staying close to the game is important to your guests.

While I wouldn't call it fine dining, Demo's is pretty good as well, and is also close to Bridgestone if distance is important as mentioned above. I've always felt it was very well priced for what you get. Haven't been in a while so hopefully it hasn't went downhill.

While I wouldn't call it fine dining, Demo's is pretty good as well, and is also close to Bridgestone if distance is important as mentioned above. I've always felt it was very well priced for what you get. Haven't been in a while so hopefully it hasn't went downhill.

I have only visited the one in the 'Boro, but I never understood the fascination.

So while I'm not a foodie, I would whole heartedly recommend City House. Awesome place. Can't go wrong there. Not stuffy at all. You can have a better steak than Jimmy Kelly's (Kanye Prime, for example), but it's old school. If they say they want Hot Chicken, I always suggest the originals...Prince's or Bolton's (especially for hot fish). They are dives, but if you want to say you've had "real Nashville Hot Chicken", Prince's especially, is the place.

Another couple of places no one has mentioned: Husk and chauhan ale and masala house. The Chauhan is a restaurant by a celebrity chef (might be a judge on Chopped?) and they have their own beer brewed for them, which I highly recommend.

So while I'm not a foodie, I would whole heartedly recommend City House. Awesome place. Can't go wrong there. Not stuffy at all. You can have a better steak than Jimmy Kelly's (Kanye Prime, for example), but it's old school. If they say they want Hot Chicken, I always suggest the originals...Prince's or Bolton's (especially for hot fish). They are dives, but if you want to say you've had "real Nashville Hot Chicken", Prince's especially, is the place.

Another couple of places no one has mentioned: Husk and chauhan ale and masala house. The Chauhan is a restaurant by a celebrity chef (might be a judge on Chopped?) and they have their own beer brewed for them, which I highly recommend.

Chauhan has been on my list to try for a while now

it's been several years ago,we walked from our Hotel and went to a restaurant,the service was pretty bad and they wouldn't sell us a Taco thru the drive through either, because we were strolling in Nashville and they wouldn't let us inside,because the doors were locked at either 9 or 10pm

nice place:)

Upscale? LOL

Reactions: 2 people

I went to Jimmy Kellys a few months back, and the steak was just plain bad. Many of the people in my party thought the same as well. Meat seemed to be poor quality and tasted like it had been frozen too long or something.

The Palm. Fantastic meal.

stizzy, nerd's pretty solid but the Palm was the one restaurant, I was going to say to avoid...

I went a few months ago, for my nieces graduation from Vandy. It's a great atmosphere, and definetly expensive, but the food and service sucked,,,

VN Store

Back