Upgrading Facilities

I think this should help with recruiting. Shows commitment to our basketball program.

Yeah definitely a positive to sell on the cruiting trail. Showing they can win this yr with the young but important 16 class will also be a huge positive.

Anybody know how far behind other programs the current facility is? Been a while since I was in it, but I remember it being pretty darn nice. That was some years ago so maybe just starting to get outdated.

Yeah definitely a positive to sell on the cruiting trail. Showing they can win this yr with the young but important 16 class will also be a huge positive.

Anybody know how far behind other programs the current facility is? Been a while since I was in it, but I remember it being pretty darn nice. That was some years ago so maybe just starting to get outdated.

I think the facility was already in the top few in the SEC.

Would love to see a nonbiased comparison

Reactions: 1 person
Now upgrade recruiting coach

If Barnes can stabilize the roster and stay a few years then our next coaching vacancy should be quite attractive.

With new facilities and a solid roster we should be a top 15 job. Probally the best available that year unless Coach K retires.

If Barnes can stabilize the roster and stay a few years then our next coaching vacancy should be quite attractive.

With new facilities and a solid roster we should be a top 15 job. Probally the best available that year unless Coach K retires.

He was hired and getting paid a lot if money to be the guy not hold the fort down until the next guy shows up. He needs to turn off the cruise control and put on the gas and act like a coach.

He was hired and getting paid a lot if money to be the guy not hold the fort down until the next guy shows up. He needs to turn off the cruise control and put on the gas and act like a coach.

Yes and no.. Barnes was brought in to stabilize our roster and clean up the dumpster fire of 3 coaches in 3 years. Is he suppose to win and recruit talented players? Yes but we aren't honestly expecting a final 4 from him. If we bring in a top notch hire in a few years from now then the sky is the limit.

Reactions: 2 people

Needs a bit of work...
maxresdefault.jpg

Yes and no.. Barnes was brought in to stabilize our roster and clean up the dumpster fire of 3 coaches in 3 years. Is he suppose to win and recruit talented players? Yes but we aren't honestly expecting a final 4 from him. If we bring in a top notch hire in a few years from now then the sky is the limit.

Yeah, if he can get us to a few NCAA's and then turn it over to another guy, then he will have done what Coach Pat Summitt did; oh wait, she actually won 8 titles and 1,098 games. Well, at least the fans that post here, for the most part, will be happy with a few postseason appearances!

Of course, there are not any guarantees that a man who was just fired cares that much about winning enough games to get the job done; as long as the retirement check comes on time in a few years.:crazy:

Careful, thunder will be calling you buzz soon!

I have to wonder how ole I95 that was so hot on Martin's case for losing a couple of early games in a season, would handle an explanation for a coaches purpose like this one.

He used to say there's no such thing as rebuilding in basketball. You either field a team and play or you don't.

pretty ridiculous, but it's what we're stuck with for a few seasons.

Hunker down and at least enjoy some decent football.

It's not behind, it's one of the best around and much better than say Florida. So now they will be able to recruit elite level players. Copy.

It's not behind, it's one of the best around and much better than say Florida. So now they will be able to recruit elite level players. Copy.

I thought it was nice. Just didn't know how it compared to other programs.

VN Store

Back