Updated Ticket Terms

apsuhead

Got this email today …

“Vol Nation, this email is to inform fans and ticket holders that the terms and conditions related to ticket use have been updated.

Terms and conditions apply to all Tennessee Athletic events. As a reminder, a ticket is a revocable license that only grants entry into the venue for the specified Event of the University of Tennessee ("Tennessee") associated with this ticket ("Event").

Tickets purchased for the primary purpose of resale by an individual or a business may be canceled and refunded at the discretion of Tennessee Athletics.”

Reactions: KptVFL
I’m curious about the wording of the last paragraph. I buy extra tickets to sell to help pay for my personal season tickets and give to business clients, family, etc.

What exactly would be a red flag and cause the university to revoke your tickets? Selling on TM too often? Too many transfers? What if someone who has season tickets can’t go for one season and sells all their tickets? Do their tickets get revoked? This seems too open ended. Does anyone have inside info into this? @DeerPark12

Last edited:
I’m curious about the wording of the last paragraph. I buy extra tickets to sell to help pay for my personal season tickets and give to business clients, family, etc.

What exactly would be a red flag and cause the university to revoke your tickets? Selling on TM too often? Too many transfers? What if someone who has season tickets can’t go for one season and sells all their tickets? Do their tickets get revoked? This seems too open ended. Does anyone have inside info into this?

I wondered this myself. I will try to find time to call the AD tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with the AD and what they are wanting to do is stop the scalpers. They have people with address' 100's of miles away who have been buying tons of season ticket packages and then reselling all of them. They want to cut this out and get the tickets into the hands of actual Tennessee fans who are now on the waiting list for tickets. This is to get the scalpers and not those who are buying with intentions of going. Now if you have several season tickets and only use a few, who knows about that. Regardless, they have the data and I like what they are doing to stop scalpers and not fans.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with the AD and what they are wanting to do is stop the scalpers. They have people with address' 100's of miles away who have been buying tons of season ticket packages and then reselling all of them. They want to cut this out and get the tickets into the hands of actual Tennessee fans who are now on the waiting list for tickets. This is to get the scalpers and not those who are buying with no intentions of going. Now if you have several season tickets and only use a few, who knows about that. Regardless, they have the data and I like what they are doing to stop scalpers and not fans.
I see, thanks for the info. I assume it's things like the pics below they're trying to prevent. I haven't noticed until now but some of those listings are 30+ seats together by the same seller and section J looks like almost the same for every game as far as tickets listed for resale :oops:. I feel that's the extreme cases UT will be going after.
Screenshot 2023-08-04 120225.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-04 120426.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-04 120537.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-04 120938.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-04 121026.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-04 121409.jpg

I might be wrong, but I wonder if UT has started refunding tickets. This is just one example of many.... the top pic was from less than 24 hrs ago. The bottom pic is current.

Screenshot 2023-08-04 120537.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-05 103730.png

Last edited:

VN Store

Back