Chad Morris, Arkansas: $3,500,000
Ed Orgeron, LSU: $3,500,000
Will Muschamp, South Carolina: $3,100,000
Matt Luke, Ole Miss: $3,000,000
Derek Mason, Vanderbilt: $2,721,834
Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State: $2,700,000
Barry Odom, Missouri: $2,350,000
via SDS

Hopefully Jeremy will deserve a nice little bump at the end of next season. There's something to be said for hiring relatively young and being able to steadily increase compensation vs hiring at the top end of what you can pay. He will be as successful as his staff help make him... i think they put their money in the right places.

Reactions: 6 people
Something just tells me that the $7.5M Fisher is getting is going to be a real mistake. It may be just me, but I don't see Fisher being that successful there.

Reactions: 10 people
I really like how they structured the contract with high incentives. Can make up to $5MM with opportunity for $1.2MM max bonus.

DidnÂ’t MalzhanÂ’s just go up above that?

I may be remembering wrong but 7 years for $49 million? (Maybe that was some package or incentives though)

Something just tells me that the $7.5M Fisher is getting is going to be a real mistake. It may be just me, but I don't see Fisher being that successful there.

It's not far fetched that he would have had continued success at FSU much more so than TAM had he and the admin kissed and made up.

Here's what I wonder...

Everyone knows college football is a money machine, it is what justifies these coaching salaries, the facilities, etc... That said, a good chunk of that money is revenues from TV contracts, namely, the SEC Network and ESPN. With their subscriber numbers dwindling faster than Al Franken's hopes of not being on the "naughty" list, where are the schools and coaches left in 5 or 6 years? I'm not predicting an implosion of the football economy or anything like that... but i am curious where an inflection point may occur that would see salaries de-escalate and a general pullback in spending occur.

Where's Vanna when you need her?

Poor woman.... Doesn't even turn letters anymore, they just sort of light up... she's essentially been automated out of a job. She may have the most boring gig on a gameshow ever. Plus having to laugh at Pat's jokes for however many years it has been can't have been easy.

Here's what I wonder...

Everyone knows college football is a money machine, it is what justifies these coaching salaries, the facilities, etc... That said, a good chunk of that money is revenues from TV contracts, namely, the SEC Network and ESPN. With their subscriber numbers dwindling faster than Al Franken's hopes of not being on the "naughty" list, where are the schools and coaches left in 5 or 6 years? I'm not predicting an implosion of the football economy or anything like that... but i am curious where an inflection point may occur that would see salaries de-escalate and a general pullback in spending occur.

There will not be a problem....... for the SEC! IF we can double dip in the playoffs every 3 year or so! The In season TV deals will keep getting better while the others....well they are the others!

He'll have to work his tail off in recruiting especially against Herrman who's got the #2 class in the nation at this point. He's in what some feel is the toughest division in all CFB.

I just cant see guaranteeing a coach 75 mil. I mean if he never wins another game he is still set for life if I am understanding it correctly

VN Store

Back