Update on Hurd

Just heard that it is only a grade 1 injury. The recovery time is 2-4 weeks. Certainly he will not play this week and may be questionable for Ole Miss. He should be ready to go by AL though. Excellent news considering.

Great news, but damn....we need him for Ole Miss to have any chance in that game.

Spoke with the family, and while no one will know anything for sure until tomorrow, it appears that it's an AC Joint injury. It happened early in the game, and afterwards, he was still in quite a bit of pain (even with the dose of meds).

Makes sense as he didn't appear like himself throughout the game. Seemed timid at times and lacked the intensity that he normally plays with.

I know that it is "not" the shoulder that he had surgery on prior. Will know for sure his prognosis tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity what is your connection to him?

Is it via his father or through JH himself?

Also, a few of us "in his circle" hooked up at Wendy's after the USU game...were you at Wendy's?

I do not want specifics as I am not going to give specifics about myself either...but I am curious.

If you know Jalen through his father I won't have a clue who you are probably--unless maybe it's via church. If you know him via his friends we have probably met.

Just curious.

Just heard that it is only a grade 1 injury. The recovery time is 2-4 weeks. Certainly he will not play this week and may be questionable for Ole Miss. He should be ready to go by AL though. Excellent news considering.

Not really - I hate to see him get injured even worse - those pee wees arent going to block Alabamas Dline

Also, a few of us "in his circle" hooked up at Wendy's after the USU game...were you at Wendy's?

I do not want specifics as I am not going to give specifics about myself either...but I am curious.

If you know Jalen through his father I won't have a clue who you are probably--unless maybe it's via church. If you know him via his friends we have probably met.

Just curious.

I've mentioned it a few times that I am close to JH's family (mom's side). I was not at Wendy's yesterday, but I'm close to everyone there. You met some of his mom's family and our friends. Wild bunch, huh? J/k they're a good bunch of people.

Not really - I hate to see him get injured even worse - those pee wees arent going to block Alabamas Dline

Yes and no. He "could potentially" be 100% at that time, so the shoulder would not be an issue.

I've mentioned it a few times that I am close to JH's family (mom's side). I was not at Wendy's yesterday, but I'm close to everyone there. You met some of his mom's family and our friends. Wild bunch, huh? J/k they're a good bunch of people.

He seems like a very nice kid and his parents seem very nice also. His dad from all accounts is a real class act.

I do not know Jalen or his family personally though.

I first met him in a gym and was shocked. He was a lot taller than I was expecting.

Later while talking to a young man (just turned 20) who I am currently mentoring for a position in my company, I found out this young man is very good friends with Jalen.

It is weird how the world works.

I have only met Jalen a few times since (and it is amazing how much bigger he looks from last summer when I first met him) but it is very cool to get an inside perspective of the program.

Also glad he's going to be ok!

Good news on Hurd's injury. I know that a few of our guys talked smack during the week (sorry, no control over that), but I like watching the kid and was a HUGE fan the week before against the UGa. I love college football and hate hearing about injuries to any kid, let alone a talent like him. We Gators would not admit it now, but most would have given up a lot to have Hurd not go to Tennessee and come to Gainesville. Hope he is well soon...and for what it is worth, I do think that this is the most talent UT has had on its roster in many years. Once the O-line gets sorted out, they will he a handful for years to come.

Cheers and good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

Just curious.

Who really cares??? Smh

Hope Jalen is well. We will definitely miss him while he is out. Someone will have to step up. Go Vols!!

So if hurd and lane are both no go's for a few weeks are we going to solely rely on scott, young, pickett and summerhill? Or do you think a guy like berry gets a chance to play some offense and try to help out? Maybe even see the beast package again near the goal line?

Why not hope that Hurd heals up and wish him the best instead of worrying about another loosing season. Heck we are not gonna win the east nor were we expected to. I think our prayers should go out to Hurd and for our Team ... win lose or draw They are my Football Team. Stop worrying things happen for a reason... we do not have a complete Team yet but things are going to change we all want it now but it is not happening yet. Hope is all we have....

Because speaking negative things about the Vols is way more important than hoping one of our guys recovers from an injury. Because we lost to UF that means we should just find ways to throw salt on a wound. Losing is not bad enough, some of our fan base has to take it to the extreme.

I hope Hurd recovers quickly. He is a true freshman that has played very good so far. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

So if hurd and lane are both no go's for a few weeks are we going to solely rely on scott, young, pickett and summerhill? Or do you think a guy like berry gets a chance to play some offense and try to help out? Maybe even see the beast package again near the goal line?

Put the Berry twins in the backfield - they came to UT to play

Good news on Hurd's injury. I know that a few of our guys talked smack during the week (sorry, no control over that), but I like watching the kid and was a HUGE fan the week before against the UGa. I love college football and hate hearing about injuries to any kid, let alone a talent like him. We Gators would not admit it now, but most would have given up a lot to have Hurd not go to Tennessee and come to Gainesville. Hope he is well soon...and for what it is worth, I do think that this is the most talent UT has had on its roster in many years. Once the O-line gets sorted out, they will he a handful for years to come.

Cheers and good luck.

Hey look, a Gator fan that doesn't act like an obnoxious prick. We have found a unicorn!

Seriously though, thanks for being civil.

Spoke with the family, and while no one will know anything for sure until tomorrow, it appears that it's an AC Joint injury. It happened early in the game, and afterwards, he was still in quite a bit of pain (even with the dose of meds).

Makes sense as he didn't appear like himself throughout the game. Seemed timid at times and lacked the intensity that he normally plays with.

I know that it is "not" the shoulder that he had surgery on prior. Will know for sure his prognosis tomorrow.

That would explain a lot. I noticed he played little in the 3rd Qtr and had a total of 10 carries. Sorry to hear this. Definitely sit him as long as he needs to.

Basically, hold try-outs in the game next week. I'd give Beck some carries too. But the coaches know more than we do.

Do you even watch the games? Are you sober if you do? All of those sweeps and wide receiver hitches and screens are designed to spread the field. Our problem is that our line can't block the D linemen on the other side. It is as simple as that. No play calling is going to work without blocking.

That is the problem. At Cincinnati, defenses had to respect the WR screen, but in the SEC, most defenses can shut that down without making a spread-type adjustment.
When is our OC going to figure this out?

Reactions: 1 person
For the first time in history.

But, now there is a great excuse

We are not going 4-8. Tired of all you doom and gloom fans go cheer on Florida or Alabama. Real vol fans ones who support this team don't need any of you.

Last edited:
That is the problem. At Cincinnati, defenses had to respect the WR screen, but in the SEC, most defenses can shut that down without making a spread-type adjustment.
When is our OC going to figure this out?

They still have to respect it in the SEC. But, if your line can only hold out for about 3 seconds it limits your options. I wish they'd try more middle screens and work more on the mustang. The OC is very hampered by the inexperienced line. They need to keep working on pass protection assignments. Hopefully the youngsters will eventually get it. They're just playing confused now.

Reactions: 1 person
We are not going 4-8. Tired of all you doom and gloom fans go cheer on Florida or Alabama. Real cop fans ones who support this team don't need any of you.

We could possibly go 4-8. Chatt and Vandy should be wins for sure. Getting that 5th win will be tough. The problem is the USCe game is away. Thank goodness KY is home game. This probably gives us our best chance. MZ is at home but they are going to be a tough out. A lot will probably depend on how injuries go for both teams between now and then. Same for KY game.

VN Store

Back