Unofficial TN v Presbyterian Blue Hose 11/10/2017 pre-game

They sure hide those announcements. They promote it just as much after the fact that they held a food drive as they do before the event. Those promotions cut into their revenue.

Event List - Men's Basketball

Some notables:

Friday vs. PC - SECOND HARVEST FOOD DRIVE FREE ADMISSION when you donate two (2) non-perishable food items. One complimentary ticket for every two items donated. Do...

Tuesday, 11/14 vs. High Point - MILITARY APPRECIATION NIGHT -- Current military members and veterans receive complimentary admission for you and your immediate family with presenta...

Wed, 11/29 vs. Mercer - KNOX COUNTY SCHOOL DAY FREE ADMISSION when you donate two (2) school supply items. One complimentary ticket per two items donated. Donations benefi...

Wed, 12/20 vs. Furman - SUPPORT COACHING FOR LITERACY - Donate a children’s book and receive a complimentary ticket. All book donations will benefit local literacy programs in Kno...

I'll make a thread.

That’s delusional to even think. On a Friday night..? Against the Blue Hose? Hell no.

Etsu pearl first year got 23,000. Yes it's ETSu, and yes excitement around Bruce helped the turnout. But with students on campus, no home football and nothing else to do, why not come support the basketball Vols if you live within an hour or so? We have averaged somewhere around 14,000 for opening night on Friday night the last few years even back into the Cuonzo era. 16,000 isn't far-fetched.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't count on the students supporting the team at all. They'll show up for Kentucky and UNC, but they'll pay more attention to their phones.

Reactions: 1 person
Etsu pearl first year got 23,000. Yes it's ETSu, and yes excitement around Bruce helped the turnout. But with students on campus, no home football and nothing else to do, why not come support the basketball Vols if you live within an hour or so? We have averaged somewhere around 14,000 for opening night on Friday night the last few years even back into the Cuonzo era. 16,000 isn't far-fetched.

13k would show an improved interest imo. Yes I agree this group deserves that many to show up

Reactions: 1 person
For people out of range of a Vol Network radio station, you should download the iHeart app and search for WNML. There is a WNML app, but it sucks. You can click on the audio link at utdports.com, but it sucks. On iHeart you can also get WGFX/104.5 The Zone out of Nashville as well... Clay Travis 6-9am eastern, M-F and also get the Coach Doug Matthews show on Sunday mornings. And no, I don't work for any of the entities above.

The WIVK website listen now link works great. I hate using an app for this. This is direct.

For people out of range of a Vol Network radio station, you should download the iHeart app and search for WNML. There is a WNML app, but it sucks. You can click on the audio link at utdports.com, but it sucks. On iHeart you can also get WGFX/104.5 The Zone out of Nashville as well... Clay Travis 6-9am eastern, M-F and also get the Coach Doug Matthews show on Sunday mornings. And no, I don't work for any of the entities above.

No doubt on the Sports Animal app. It is awful. Constantly dropping signal/cutting out/buffering/or just flat stopping for no reason.

I'm very excited for this season and I truly believe we will be better than most think. I feel like we finally have some leadership between Admiral and Williams. Not completely sold on Kyle Alexander being vastly improved but he's looked good so far. Hopefully ppl can get behind our young team...should be a fun season!

I'm very excited for this season and I truly believe we will be better than most think. I feel like we finally have some leadership between Admiral and Williams. Not completely sold on Kyle Alexander being vastly improved but he's looked good so far. Hopefully ppl can get behind our young team...should be a fun season!

I truly believe that we will see significant improvements from Alexander this year. Between the scrimmages and the practice videos, he's looked much more physical.

I truly believe that we will see significant improvements from Alexander this year. Between the scrimmages and the practice videos, he's looked much more physical.

Agree...The work and patience are beginning to pay off. Alex has matured physically and mentally it seems. He has been "developed."

VN Store

Back